1S1K-Airborne

We NEED some way to identify heros and bandits.

I perhaps didn't mean to sound so dismissive as it turned out, so apologies for that.

But my main objection to this idea is the very concept of the game defining players as 'heroes' or as 'bandits'. I don't see myself as either of those things, and I don't agree that such a distinction should be made at all. To me, we're just survivors in a scenario: we can do whatever we want because, in an apocalypse, there is no authority to pass judgment over our actions. We have to judge another player's trustworthiness according to how they behave and from their voice. For the game to make this judgment for us would be fake, as far as I see it, and I don't see how the game could possibly depict facial expressions or body language clues accurately without first deciding by some artificial mechanic whether we are 'good' or 'bad'.

No worries, written text often cannot convey the tone appropriately. Guess that's why users invented memes. :)

I think I see your point and I don't have a clear counter-argument yet. :) The thing is, I don't want a clear distinction into 2 categories of players either. What I really want is our avatars to be a bit more human than they are now. I believe that if they simply "seemed" more human, the reactions from some players could be totally different. I want something more to base judgment of another person and it should try to trigger our intuitive perception - reach out to our instincts.

If the effect could be achieved by giving a bit more control to some artificial mechanisms I would still go for it. But frankly, I don't see it as an ultimate necessity. Rather a nice-to-have addition that should be somewhere at the end of the priority list.

Edited by retro19