byrgesen

Polaroid Cameras

Hello people.

Ok so i thought about something, i understand we will have pen and paper and be able to leave notes for other players and such, awsome idea.
Now lets expand abit on it :)

How about polaroid cameras? Im talking old 1980 style, running of batteries like a flashlight.
Now i can already hear people screaming "WTF no way" or "Why would we want something like that", but hear me out hehe.

Imagine you are running along, fighting for your life and you end up in a firefight with another survivor.
After, what could seem like hours, you end up victorious and you go to get the spoils from the dead survivor.
Now you find several pictures on him, he has taken og various places, what do you do? It could be important placed, the dead survivor could have taken pictures to remember a stash for some loot, maybe he even has a picture of other survivors fighting for they're lives.
You might even find notes written on the back of the polaroid pictures, explaining some details about it, or a riddle or something like that.

I would love to see this implemented, since we already have batteries, we have a power source, and polaroid pictures can last for a very very long time, if they arent exposed to direct sunlight.

In my oppinion, this would add another "layer" of player to player interaction in the game, which we desperately need and it would keep the world "alive" through pictures and notes on the back of them :)

Small pic for reference:

choose05.jpg

Thoughts, criticism or ideas on this suggestions? :)

• Like 41

Hello there

I too was thinking of this as an alternative to screen shots.

I often used the in game camera in Hidden And Dangerous to take pics.

The pro would be if the game automatically added post production to the grabs to make them look polaroidesque or let you "write" on the white strip below the pic and keep it as an item

+1 from me.

Rgds

LoK

Good idea, I would love to see more of that kind of items. Normal stuff that actually works.

Hello there

I too was thinking of this as an alternative to screen shots.

I often used the in game camera in Hidden And Dangerous to take pics.

The pro would be if the game automatically added post production to the grabs to make them look polaroidesque or let you "write" on the white strip below the pic and keep it as an item

+1 from me.

Rgds

LoK

Exactly, it should not be difficult to add a "photoshop filter" on top of the polaroids, and ofc make it worse and worse quality based on the quality of the polaroids you put into the camera.

And yeh, being able to write on it ofc, but it should not be restricted to any specific place you can write, basicly you should be able to write where ever you want on it, both sides and even across the picture, if you want :)

Perhaps we could even go as far as having a polaroid pouch of sorts, kinda like the bag we see ingame for various food items now.

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 1

All right! Time for some selfies!

• Like 3

All right! Time for some selfies!

OMG didnt even think about this option hahahaha.

Just imagine standing in Cherno, looking out a window and on the roof of the firestation you see a gyu with a polaroid taking selfies with Cherno as a background lol.

ad_119416590.jpg

• Like 4

Nice, 

other use could be in night time ... you see nothing. Just a sec of the flash to make your way through :)

DayZ forum team are on your side here

it's looking good for you

Hello there

We have very little leverage over the dev's, even with the photos of Matt (which are Polaroids btw).

All we can do as a community is flag these sexy ideas up.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

the idea would be to leave them in the open world for anyone to discover.

• Like 1

the idea would be to leave them in the open world for anyone to discover.

Yeah. Just leave random pics of people being tortured in hi pop areas. That would creep folks out. You get beans.

Yes both leaving them or running around with them on you hehe, thats the idea :)

But this does not fit the post-soviet theme of Chernarus very well tbh :)

Needs to be older hehe

• Like 1

Here are some Polaroid cameras which were made under a license in the USSR since the 1989th year (and later in the Russia).

30m1nib.jpgmh7yut.jpg

• Like 6

Spot on there gregor, definitely something along thoose lines :)

• Like 2

Hello there

We have very little leverage over the dev's, even with the photos of Matt (which are Polaroids btw).

All we can do as a community is flag these sexy ideas up.

Rgds

LoK

I've been wondering about this, actually. Do the devs frequent the forum and pay attention to the suggestions section (and if so, do they rank suggestions on the number of beans/replies), or do they only look at stuff the forum staff suggest to them?

I've been wondering about this, actually. Do the devs frequent the forum and pay attention to the suggestions section (and if so, do they rank suggestions on the number of beans/replies), or do they only look at stuff the forum staff suggest to them?

Hello there

The devs browse these forums as well as reddit and even the Steam forums *shudder*.

So, not only do they get threads pointed out to them they are allowed out onto the net unsupervised.

They dont just look at bean/post counts, if something piques their interest they might take it forward regardless. 

But they do read and post here. In fact Rocket gave me "beans" just before christmas, so its not been long since the lead has visited us.

Remember though they guys are very busy and dont always have time to post/reply here directly.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 4

I can't wait to build my base and fill it with pictures of great things I have done in my life

I can't wait to build my base and fill it with pictures of great things I have done in my life

Ok lets try to write a small scenario :)

Imagine you are jogging along the Chernarussian forest's, minding your own business and searching for loot.

Far off in the distance you see, what appears to be camo nets, sandbags and vehicles in the forest *sneak mode activated*

So you finally make your way up and you see its abandoned, not a single living souls is anywhere around, so you start looking for something usefull.

But all you find are pictures of what looks like a bandit, standing over dead survivors like a hunter showcasing his trophy, after a succesful kill :)

What do you do?

Hello there

The devs browse these forums as well as reddit and even the Steam forums *shudder*.

So, not only do they get threads pointed out to them they are allowed out onto the net unsupervised.

They dont just look at bean/post counts, if something piques their interest they might take it forward regardless. 

But they do read and post here. In fact Rocket gave me "beans" just before christmas, so its not been long since the lead has visited us.

Remember though they guys are very busy and dont always have time to post/reply here directly.

Rgds

LoK

Thanks for the response, it's nice to know the devs do read the boards and will look at suggestions as some of them are very good and I think the game could benefit from them. I didn't think they'd be all that active with their posting though. After all, they do have a game to finish! :D

Gooday' mate.

I love this idea, it would be nice to see the artistic license of other players in game.

I would like to see the photos appear sort of as a bundle/ maybe in a sort of diary with some stats and personal writings from the player.

It may make some of these psychopaths realise what terrible destructive people they are too.

Rgds

Norris