Blazing87

Grenades in DayZ,what you think?

Hi all

I startet new in dayz and have now over 40h.Fckn love it :DI always watched dayz vids on youtube :).

What you think about grenades in this game?

Should they implement grenades?

I was in the balota airstrip searching for some stuff,and there was some bandit camping in the second floor up stairs trying to KOS me.I thinked,god damn if i had a grenade i blow u up.After 15min waiting for him to come down and he waiting that i go up,i walked up the stairs and shot 60 rounds in his face.

ps:I was a bf3 player on ps3, over 1200h.

Sry for my english.

Edited by Blazing87
  • Like 3

Well, I don't see why not....they were in the mod version of it. But, they shouldn't be all over the place and I would hate for this game to turn into a slight reflection of COD & BF3/BF4 combat style.  They should only add them WAY after there done with the major features.... 

• Like 1

They are adding improvised grenades. I think it will change the way the game is played to a degree. would make bandit stick-ups much more interesting if you were the victim and had one for sure haha! I would toss one and start running. might have a better chance to get away or kill them in the process. Or if you were a witness to the stick-up (i witness TONS of them) you could toss one on in from behind a tree or bushes. :)

• Like 1

If it happens, I want to be able to pull the pin, but hold the spoon! Your quick-and-dirty hallway holdup isn't so impressive when I become a walking dead-man's switch, eh Mr. Bandit?...

• Like 10

Yeah by what has been found in the files improvised ones are atleast planned /coming soon? if so i am sure they will put some pre made mil ones in (hopefully as super super rare lol if we can already make our own.

Im hoping they allow us to bobby trap with them... id be traping my base for sure yeah you found my gear bam your dead lol ( so would my gear most likely but it be gone anway this way i have some satisfaction....

There's no reason not to add grenades. I want to see some RGD-5s.

When these come out, I will try to craft a few of them and record video of great instances of when to use them. I will hotkey a mario ba-bomb toss sound to play over direct for an added hilarious, last second warning.

Edited by Gekkonidae

There's no reason not to add grenades. I want to see some RGD-5s.

I concur; I'd like to see something make it into common adoption besides the stereotypical Mk II and M67 frags. Preferably some other fun stuff to change it up, concussion / HE designs notwithstanding. Honestly, as far as getting the dynamics right, I almost think the best course of action would be to lay the foundation with LTL concepts (Flashbangs, gas/smoke, etc.) Plus, it'd provide some much-yearned functionality for the gas masks and respirators; though realistically, I still don't see it being addressed in any form until a lot more backend work gets sorted. Content can come at whatever pace it needs to as long as the evolving structure of the alpha doesn't collapse under its weight. Foundations first, fun later. ;)

Hi.

I've never been a fan of grenades, I always removed them when making DM style maps for my friends and myself to play in OpF and the ArmA series. They are great when used tactfully, but there's something that always bugged me about people running around randomly throwing grenades, I guess I will have to adapt once they are in.

I would prefer satchel charges, or some type of IED, so I can destroy peoples vehicles or high end loot buildings(preferably while people are inside looting) :P

Even better they would come in handy for blowing up the hotels while there is 5 douchebags upstairs sniping unarmed spawns :lol:

Regards.

Please, do not add any military granades, make ppl craft them from - empty cans, gunpowder, nails etc. Because imagine - you walk somewhere and then everywhere begin to explode nades around you because some ass hopped them, and then throw them like shimpy/nigas throw bananas

Edited by Max Planck
Not acceptable. Have a long break.

I'm not so concerned about military grenades. If there was truly a military incursion by the USMC in the storyline, there'd be plenty of HE grenades and flashbangs.

I too would like to see satchel charges or C4. Big explosives are never a detriment as long as they're used right. Making them somewhat hard to find and large (3x3) in an inventory would be sufficient to balance their prevalence.

As far as craftable explosives, there's a lot of great suggestions. Consider the pliers could finally have a use, for disassembling bullets perhaps. Gunpowder for hand made explosives and the slugs for canister shot or shrapnel.

I also think the blue gas cans and large propane tanks outside certain buildings should be explosive when shot.

• Like 1

I would rather see craftable pipe bomb type stuff.

If they were to do milspec explosives then I would like to see satchel charges or C4 with remote detonators 

If they do, and they should, they must also make it possible to pull out the pin and keep the grenade in your hand, holding the leaver closed. Bandits ? 'Shoot me and this thing blows motherfuckers'. 

Edited by Mookzen

Yes.

If I can make one at home then why not? Check out the Syrians they are making home made nades on the reg.

The military quality ones should only be found at military bases and camps.

Or like in The Last Of Us ,you can craft molotov cocktails,nailbombs and smoke bombs.I hope they implement it in this direction,that would be nice.

i really hope not. i think its pretty damn easy dying in this game, all i need is some douche canoe to start hurling gernades in the ATC while im looting. seems too easy, esp when its so easy to die.

This is a Slavic region afterall.. The Molotov needs to appear at some point. I think it should only ever be something you can craft, never a ready-to-go discoverable item.

• Like 1

This is a Slavic region afterall.. The Molotov needs to appear at some point. I think it should only ever be something you can craft, never a ready-to-go discoverable item.

for real.. alcohol, rags and matches.