Sign in to follow this  
Man Bear Pig

Dayz For an iMac

Hi, I'm new to dayz and I really want to play the standalone, but I have a mac. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good tutorial for boot camp? or some other way to get the standalone for mac. I'm also wondering if my mac will be able to run it. 

Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB

Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Sorry, Those specs wont run it on the lowest settings.

However, if you buy a new imac, theres some handy programs, a few of them are: Parallels (my fav), and bootcamp are the best Virtual mation software if you plan to get an upgraded imac.

good luck!

I play it on a MacBook Pro. Every time I boot windows to run dayz I cringe. Don't use parallels. It's costly, plus you still need to but windows, plus your comp will be trying to run two os's at the same time. Bad. News. For anything more than running Microsoft word, use boot camp. Not sure if it'll run well for you, but it runs fine on my 2k11 MacBook. Mac is where it's at.

I play it on a MacBook Pro. Every time I boot windows to run dayz I cringe. Don't use parallels. It's costly, plus you still need to but windows, plus your comp will be trying to run two os's at the same time. Bad. News. For anything more than running Microsoft word, use boot camp. Not sure if it'll run well for you, but it runs fine on my 2k11 MacBook. Mac is where it's at.

I was a graphic artist in advertising for 12 years working on top of the line, high-end Macs the whole time and would never ever own one. They are overpriced garbage, at best. You can build twice the 'PC' for half the cost and Windows computers can do anything a Mac can do these days. The only reason people say Macs are the go-to computer for graphics and such is because years ago the software was only available on Macs, which is not the case these days.

cad-20060513-3b919.jpg

:)

Edited by QUAZIMOFO

I was a graphic artist in advertising for 12 years working on top of the line, high-end Macs the whole time and would never ever own one. They are overpriced garbage, at best. You can build twice the 'PC' for half the cost and Windows computers can do anything a Mac can do these days. The only reason people say Macs are the go-to computer for graphics and such is because years ago the software was only available on Macs, which is not the case these days.

cad-20060513-3b919.jpg

:)

I am a former MCSE and A+ certified computer tech, and have literally built dozens of pc's from scratch, and have worked with every version of windows…having started with DOS prior to that. Currently, i too am a professional artist and work with the digital medium often. My macbook has crashed 1 single time on me, ever. Having maintained over a 3.0gpa (not the best ever but certainly ok) during schooling as a tech, i am confident i am competent…..yet every windows pc i've ever worked with had more issues in one day, then any mac i've seen ever have. Further more, they are less intuitive in there GUI (graphical user interface) and basic use across programs. Windows is and always has been just short of a good OS, even if some fine sirs like you prefer it. ;).