Sign in to follow this  
Makarov (DayZ)

Drugs, drug addiction and cooking drugs

Hello mates

since DayZ is going to incude a cooking feature why not use this feature for a "drug lab" mechanic.

Chemical components, medicaments and lab equipment would spawn in hospitals.

Drugs would:

- boost some "stats"

- have an addictive effect (duh!)

- force you to increase your dose after a few times

- lower the effect after several doses

- have some useless feaures just for the "lulz"

There could also spawn stuff like cigarettes or alcoholic drinks.

I think balancing and the featured components are up to the devs.

• Like 1

have you done drugs? they don't make you better at anything. 

Drugs have been suggested about 3 times in the last three weeks, and - 

useless features just for the "lulz"

....you described it better than i could. 

Edited by Capo
  • Like 1

have you done drugs? they don't make you better at anything. 

Drugs have been suggested about 3 times now, and - 

....you described it better than i could. 

You've been doing the wrong drugs! No just kidding, but there are performance optimizing drugs.. Look at a lot of professional athletes, *cough* Armstrong *cough*. Also I'd reckon snorting a line of speed would make you run really fast and not need food for a while or something, then after a couple of hours you would be worn out and miserable.

But all things considered, I can imagine implementing drugs would cause some problems legalizing the game in certain conservative countries.

Edited by Problematic

You want drugs that do something for you, this isn't the game, try New Vegas.

Mmmmm.......... SLASHER!!!!!!!!

srsly?

Mustard_Guy.jpg?1246504763

WHO NEEDS DRUGS WHEN YOU'RE A MUSTARD JUNKIE, BITCH

Edited by King of kong
  • Like 1

First thing guys, Game raters probably wouldn't like it if people were doing hard drugs ingame.

So how about my alternative to fix this problem and make it authentic and fit into DayZ.

Ok now you already take drugs in the game:

Mod

- Morphine

- Painkillers

- Antibiotics

- Epi Pen

- Various cans of Soda (caffeine)

- Wipes contain antiseptic

- Sepsis Bandage contain Comfrey leaves

Standalone

- Blood testing kit? (indicator liquid?)

- Disinfectant spray

- Saline bag

- Antibiotics

- Charcoal tabs

- Epi Pen

- Painkillers

- Alcohol tincture

- Vitamin pills

- Water purification tabs

- Morphine

First of all you should get addicted to morphine if you take too much. I don't know about anything else but you should have to take more to get the same effect if there is not a significant time period between usage. Perhaps later you could mix and match ingredients/drugs to save inventory space or make something for a particular illness or cure two with one drug. Maybe a simplified version of Alchemy in Skyrim (potential for poisons? ;)). So many possibilities but it must fit in with the 'DayZ Spirit' of things. Rocket has talked about this. I'm sure it will come in its own way.

Either way no hard/Illegal drugs! Go play GTA or something similar. Not here.

My Empowered two cents..

Sobaka

TYS

• Like 1

It's been said that there will be more drugs implemented into the game, medical and illegal. Now, going as far as to have a "drug lab", that's just overkill, a waste of development time as you may aswell say "well we have guns in the game so how about we build gun factories? ammo problem solved, #ChernoGunsmithNumbaOne"

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

Edit ---  Also to the guy above, go do some research on croc then tell me Cherno isnt the perfect place to find leftovers. And it's been said that Meth will be implemented in the near future so your hard/illegal drug hate will do you no good, in-fact give me your in-game name so if I come across you I can jack you up and force you to take meth at gunpoint then leave you addicted.

Edited by AJ4211

Edit ---  Also to the guy above, go do some research on croc then tell me Cherno isnt the perfect place to find leftovers. And it's been said that Meth will be implemented in the near future so your hard/illegal drug hate will do you no good, in-fact give me your in-game name so if I come across you I can jack you up and force you to take meth at gunpoint then leave you addicted.

who said that? when? As far as i'm aware the only mentioning of illegal drugs have been suggestion threads like this in the last two weeks or so, and from memory they got shot down pretty hard. 

i fail to see how illegal drugs would bring anything to the game, unless you're going to force feed them to someone. But even then whole dayz "thing" is realism, how are they going to accurately represent an acid trip when every trip is so unique? or what, is dean gonna shoot some meth so he knows what it's like? i don't think so. it just seems like a pile of shit that the game would do better to avoid. 

stick to medicals, with possible abuse options for some of those - eg morphine. 

edit - L.O.L http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/163555-meth/page-2?hl=meth

Edited by Capo
  • Like 1

Hello mates

since DayZ is going to incude a cooking feature why not use this feature for a "drug lab" mechanic.

Chemical components, medicaments and lab equipment would spawn in hospitals.

Drugs would:

- boost some "stats"

- have an addictive effect (duh!)

- force you to increase your dose after a few times

- lower the effect after several doses

- have some useless feaures just for the "lulz"

There could also spawn stuff like cigarettes or alcoholic drinks.

I think balancing and the featured components are up to the devs.

Cigarettes have a really interesting role in Project Zomboid. 

I think they calm you down when you're stressed and act as an appetite suppressant.  

I really don't see drugs adding anything to the game. In a real world survival situation the last thing on your mind would be cooking up some meth.

• Like 2

i fail to see how illegal drugs would bring anything to the game, unless you're going to force feed them to someone. But even then whole dayz "thing" is realism, how are they going to accurately represent an acid trip when every trip is so unique?

You answered your own question "unless you're going to force-feed them to someone".

Why is there rotten fruit in the game? It serves nothing but to torment others.

I really don't see drugs adding anything to the game. In a real world survival situation the last thing on your mind would be cooking up some meth.

DayZ + Drugs = Breaking DayZ

5f9c4b2086cd2f7d3f9563eb91ec855d1a6eb035

Edited by Lidskjalf

DayZ + Drugs = Breaking POINT DayZ

5f9c4b2086cd2f7d3f9563eb91ec855d1a6eb035

Fixed that for ya :p

Also... mods... that above post tho