t3h_Spades

Repair clothing

Repairing cloth items  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Your thoughts?

• The Sewing Kit way
    • The Needle and Thread way
    • Neither, just keep looting

I think a cool idea would be to have an item like a sewing kit or maybe two separate items needle and thread and use that in combination with rags to restore the quality of your clothes and backpacks. 

Sewing kits would be good. I also think they should find a way for damaged/ruined clothing and backpacks to drop items randomly as if there were holes in them.

Edited by EchoZeero
  • Like 1

I like the idea, but the first seems a little too good. Clothes are plentiful in the game ATM, and having it that you only need to find an item once and a sewing kit is a little too powerful. Unless Sewing Kits/ Needle & Thread had a limited number of uses or maybe a chance to damage the clothes further or outright ruin them.

Love the second idea. The PvP hardmen will hate it, so +100 just for that!

Think the sewing kit way, but you'd need to sacrifice something for the repairs, IE Rags or a lesser quality item.  IE 1 pristine rag to repair from worn condition to Repaired:Pristine (think we should differentiate between an item that hasn't been repaired and one that has).  Or a Ruined Hoodie to repair a badly damaged Hoodie to Repaired:Worn.  Some things should need other items to repair, the bulletproof vests for example would need Kevlar plates or swaths of Kevlar to repair.  Some things should not be repairable (Helmets, gas masks, I mean if you could repair a Moto Helmet you could BUILD one.)