Sign in to follow this  
igotrage

Authentication TImeout

Hello.  Firstly, sorry if this issue is solved, I searched the forums and found no answer to this issue.

I was playing on a server and the game crashed.  I logged in, all my gear wiped.  Not a problem, its DayZ after all.  Carried on from scratch, got some gear then got killed by a zombie who I couldnt hit.  When I respawned next time the game plays for 30 - 40 seconds then "Confirmation of Changes - Authentication Timeout" occurs.  This happens on whatever server I join, and I have restarted Steam, My PC, Verified Integrity Of Game Cache and Deleted my ClientRegistry.blob

Im all out of ideas.  Anyone else experiencing this or have a solution?

Thanks in advance

I'd help you much as you could, I've encountered this several times before, but it never has been a big issue for me, hopefully someone else will be-able to help, but meanwhile i'll be searching Google.

According to the steam community this is common, and I had it once but just relaunched Dayz  + Made sure battleye was up to date, if not try this

I deleted file ClientRegistry.blob when my steam stuck on "connecting steam account" screen. I deleted it and restarted steam successfuly. Then the authentication problem occurred. Luckily I didn't delete the file completely,so I can restore it from Recycle and fixed the problem.

Currently got the same problem I believe its the steam servers, as after restarting my steam client steam will no longer connect.

http://steamstat.us/

Edited by Furyk