l0ki

Arm bands(Ways to tell who's who)

So, me and my buddies have been in situations where it's pretty much:

"DUDE IS THAT YOU? IS THAT YOU? FUCK I CANT TELL HES WEARING THE SAME THING" Which is typically the Military outfit.

I thought it would be pretty neat if we could simply add this effect. Let us color bandages or some type of cloth and wrap it around our arms. We could use the green, blue, red, or whatever color pens and color in the bandages or something with an option to wrap them on our left/right arm or whatever so that we can tell who's who. I just thought it would be a neat idea. It can even get kind of exstensive in other forms. It would be kind of cool to have ways to tell clans vs clan, like, banners or something. Thoughts?

• Like 2

I don't really have issues telling where my squad is, we've also only had one issue ever (a squad of 8) However, i would like to see this in the game. Something simple, State-flags,country flags,ect would do well too.

Oh yes, I shall now wrap this bright pink armband around my arm and run around cherno naked...

Edited by Koala :3

Just don't dress up like every bandit newspawn killing military noob (90% of the time also wearing a gasmask). They gave us the option to make different appearances why do you want to look the same? For camo reasons you can where lots of different stuff other then the high end mil stuff.

• Like 2

They gave us the option to make different appearances why do you want to look the same?

Because when you're running with six friends and you turn around and see seven people, it can be a matter of life and death to quickly identify the odd man out. And, by "quickly," I mean in less than a second you better know who's who.

Playing dress-up is nice, but everyone looking different is a tactical headache in the heat of battle. Yes, voice communications help, but they're not always effective.

There's a reason real military units wear uniforms, have patches and use equipment like IR Strobes to identify friendly units. Avoiding friendly fire is pretty much the most important task in a combat scenario.

Excellent idea. Some improvised stuff like torn colored t-shirt around your arm.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Great idea

like this:

6024.jpg

or this more official one:

3363b03b75da95c0dde33d1249962213_720x600

Edited by quantum2k6

I saw at least three topics (one of them being older than two of them) about it.

I agree in some form, but please ... search function :D

• Like 1

it's an idea, but there's plenty of clothes to choose from,

why are you all wearing military gear if you're having trouble distinguishing yourselves from other players?

that's basically the bandit uniform, and there's plenty of clothing that camouflages you well without being military. 

this was an issue with the mod, but we survived. If you get into a situation where you're looking at a guy and you don't know who it is - describe what they're doing, and tell them to go prone. 

if they go prone, friendly. if they don't, light them up. 

it will take practice, and you're going to need to explain it before you use it, but it worked very effectively for my team. 

Playing dress-up is nice, but everyone looking different is a tactical headache in the heat of battle. Yes, voice communications help, but they're not always effective.

There's a reason real military units wear uniforms, have patches and use equipment like IR Strobes to identify friendly units. Avoiding friendly fire is pretty much the most important task in a combat scenario.

i think looking the same as your enemy would be more a headache in the heat of battle. There's a reason why real military units wear different uniforms to each other. 

Edited by Capo

We already have different colored/patterned bandanas in the game. If they could make it so we have the option of wearing it on the head like currently, or on the face or as an armband, that would already be a good start.

Edited by EchoZeero
  • Like 1

Seems like a lot of great feedback. Hope we can see it in future! :)

this was an issue with the mod, but we survived. If you get into a situation where you're looking at a guy and you don't know who it is - describe what they're doing, and tell them to go prone. 

if they go prone, friendly. if they don't, light them up. 

it will take practice, and you're going to need to explain it before you use it, but it worked very effectively for my team. 

srsly man, go prone...  you run throught town with you`r buddies spread out, and you run into a guy, not see him from a distance, but bump in to him, by the time you tell your m8s to go prone or be like"it`s me it`s me dont shoot" he, will light you up, because he`s alone and he knows there are no friendlies in the vacinity, he has no buddies to ask them to go prone and do a frienly check.

the reason we use outsideofthegame comms is because the the character customisation, and variety of clothes is so little, that all players look the same, even if u decide to carry only green bags, or only pink hats, its still not doing for us. 

on the other hand, as the creator of this post suggeted, if we will be able to rip up our white shirts(creating hand made armbands) for example, and tie them around our arms,legs,heads,guns, you name it, and immediately identify our friends, even if we are all dressed in military gear, squad of asian ladies, this would even stear some of us(definitely me) into using direct voice chat,or ingame radios, for better immersion.

So no! No more of this stupid prone friendly checks, this is SA for god`s sake, time of going with what worked(effectively) for your team is over, its time for some innovation and efficiency! Lol talking about arm bands, innovation...))

Edited by XA3