crazyandlazy

What are your thoughts on people against KO punching?

The only reason why one would not like that feature is if they are having trouble spawn camping.

Example of a spawn killer moaning about punches:

So far ive noticed that guns do absolutely nothing compared to when youre fighting someone with an axe or even fists. Fists end up knocking you out when guns wont even have any stopping power. add something to stop gimli from tanking a bullet to the chest and taking me out even though I just pumped a clip into him.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=6144

EDIT: Due to the responses received, it is believed that many do detest the KO aspect of punching, which is really surprising as there are other weapons in the game.

Edited by CrazyandLazy

It's funny really. 

They beg for realism and such like but when something real like 1 punch KO's get put in it's OP and needs removal. (Make no mistake taking a full on punch upside your head is gonna knock you on your ass)

O the irony.

• Like 1

It's funny really. 

They beg for realism and such like but when something real like 1 punch KO's get put in it's OP and needs removal. (Make no mistake taking a full on punch upside your head is gonna knock you on your ass)

O the irony.

That and you will be lucky if you only get KO'ed. Many people dies in real life when they falling uncoucious after being hit in head, on the ground and split their head open on asphalt or something.

That and you will be lucky if you only get KO'ed. Many people dies in real life when they falling uncoucious after being hit in head, on the ground and split their head open on asphalt or something.

Yeah your right there dude.

I did say in the original thread that they could add a 'put your guard up' feature for the melee combat. Might be worth looking at that to see if it's viable.

Yeah your right there dude.

I did say in the original thread that they could add a 'put your guard up' feature for the melee combat. Might be worth looking at that to see if it's viable.

Maybe when you have your fists up, you could hit space to bring your arms up to your face and block incoming punches. It would only work for people punching you straight on though. If you have your arms up and someone punches you from the side or back there should be no block affect, obviously. Good idea of putting your guard up, I think it's totally viable just gotta figure out which key to have it bound to.

I think fist fighting as it is now though is fine, I don't have a problem with it. Either way, if it was tweaked or not I don't think I would really care at all. I think people complaining about it are laughable.

Edited by Foxhunt
  • Like 1

I have nothing against it!

Was killed by some guy on the coast near Rify, spawned close by, went in to the same bush he shot from, and knocked that fucker out with 2 hits.

• Like 1

The only thing that I think should be changed is when punching someone wearing a helmet or armor you should have a chance to hurt your hand or even break it. It's not really realistic to be able to punch through armor  :P

Edited by Vladimir

The only thing that I think should be changed is when punching someone wearing a helmet or armor you should have a chance to hurt your hand or even break it. It's not really realistic to be able to punch through armor  :P

I can see a face shot with combat helmet, but not the motorcycle helmet.  If you hit that might need morphine for that hand.

I disagree. This is a game. Plus it's not easy to get a KO punch. You have to know where to aim. Not to mention, it's not instant kill like knife kills in FPS games. 

Keep it the way it is. If you get KO'd then you either suck or you were afk.

Yeah of course.

But if you have no protection the the chances of seeing stars should be very likely llol

This summer i had a guy of average size and build, suckerpunch me in the back of the head once, i woke up 8 hours later in a hospital. 1 hit KO's are possible, and i really like that it's ingame.

I disagree. This is a game. Plus it's not easy to get a KO punch. You have to know where to aim. Not to mention, it's not instant kill like knife kills in FPS games. 

No.

Being able to punch someone out who's wearing a motorcycle helmet is a nonsensical and indefensible mechanic. Those things are designed to protect you from the road punching your face. A fist to the helmet shouldn't knock you out.

I would say not getting knocked out in one punch is pretty much standard, not lucky. More often than not 1 punch to the head will not knock someone out (especially if they're wearing a helmet) and will almost certainly not kill them. It's not the you're lucky to be KO'd and not die, it's you're unlucky to be KO'd in the first place, and even more so if you die. 

I think this thread will be funny to watch as it descends into chaos... or not...  KO punchers are cowards after all 

No.

Being able to punch someone out who's wearing a motorcycle helmet is a nonsensical and indefensible mechanic. Those things are designed to protect you from the road punching your face. A fist to the helmet shouldn't knock you out.

But it does because it's a video game. I have no qualms with it. It's not easy to land a punch if the other player is moving let alone land a KO punch.

I hope the dev never listens to requests like this. This is like asking someone to hold your hand while controlling the mouse.

Besides, talking about realistic, what about the kitchen knife? Why aren't there slices to the neck for instant kill? Get what I mean? Don't tell devs to fix things when it's very very minor. Got KO'd well too bad.

We are not saying you should be knocked out if wearing a helmet dude lol

Of course that will protect you (it will hurt them more than you)

But...If someone gets a clean punch to the side of your head without you being prepared for it then i'm sorry but your ass is out colded (not dead but knocked out).

We are not saying you should be knocked out if wearing a helmet dude lol

Of course that will protect you (it will hurt them more than you)

But...If someone gets a clean punch to the side of your head without you being prepared for it then i'm sorry but your ass is out colded (not dead but knocked out).

Remember, A tap on the chin can KO the best of MMA fighters. 

But it does because it's a video game. I have no qualms with it. It's not easy to land a punch if the other player is moving let alone land a KO punch.

I hope the dev never listens to requests like this. This is like asking someone to hold your hand while controlling the mouse.

I don't care how hard it is, you shouldn't be able to knock out people wearing motorcycle helmets... what do you think it is, a cosmetic item? It's a helmet, and there's only one purpose for it which is protecting against head injuries. My advice would be don't try punching people wearing motorcycle helmets because that's stupid and will lead to broken fingers.

Besides, talking about realistic, what about the kitchen knife? Why aren't there slices to the neck for instant kill? Get what I mean? Don't tell devs to fix things when it's very very minor. Got KO'd well too bad.

No, not really, and anyways I would actually be asking why you can't stab someone to death, slashing sucks. I want to stab.

UZbK3qr.gif

Remember, A tap on the chin can KO the best of MMA fighters. 

He's right. Also, if you've never been punched square in the face, it fucking hurts. Your nose is especially sensitive and it will definitely stun you. I got punched repeatedly by some drunk douche in a bar a couple years back (fortunately I was pretty buzzed so it wasn't too painful) and my jaw still clicks to this day. Stupid hardcore rockers.

• Like 2

I doing 2 times now KO kill on guys who make attack on me after I spawn no weapon B)

one using the axe :|

other one using pistol >:(

both deserve and for me is still 2 MOST SATISFY KILL I DOING IN DAYZ :D

guys who don't like this system are pussy because ALL PLAYER HAVE SAME 'ABILITY' FOR DOING KO

but only few having skills for using B)

• Like 2

I am against 2-hit KO. Yes, I have been knocked unconscious in DayZ and I have knocked people unconscious, too. My problem with it is the fact that the movement in DayZ is clumsy. When someone is near your face throwing punches at you, you can't dodge. If you strafe left or right, it's very easy to follow that movement and keep punching. So the punchbag's option is to either shoot and hope he dies before 2nd head punch comes or turn around and run and then turn around and shoot.

It would be ok, if there was option to doubletap A or D to sidestep or leap back a bit or something. It's true that a hit on chin can knock you out in real life, but also in real life you can move way better than in DayZ to avoid those clean hits.

IF there was random chance for knockout in DayZ, it would be fine. Guess it's the best compromise there can be...

Edited by Al Bobo

I don't care how hard it is, you shouldn't be able to knock out people wearing motorcycle helmets...

knockout on guy with helmet is easy because knockout happen when jaw going one direction top of head going other way ;)

KO is not connect to damage on face is brain moving inside skull what make KO happen :thumbsup:  :rolleyes:

I know this I doing boxing for 5 years and I doing too many time KO on guys B)

but they should make damage happen to hands if you doing this in game

Edited by KoS
  • Like 2

lol if people are complaining about 1 punch realism, then I cant imagine how much they cry over the shovel or wrench taking repeated shots to kill a zombie.