Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

@DEVS: Easy, efficient fixes for: Combatlog/Serverhop eg.

High priority points in the game at this moment are.

1. Combat Logging.

Fix: Abortable Logout Timer @1-2minutes, or instant logout (Alt+F4, Gamecrash, Internet shutdown) with a killable AI dummy spawning for 1-2minutes. First, to fast implement this feature, just with a direct chat message: "Player is logging out".  For improvements you can add animations like a simply hand wink, or better, something like the player is taking out a sleeping bag and jumping in there until he is gone + some zip-sound or yawning.

Also working would be a icon above his head, so everyone around can see he is disconnecting.

Why that hight time? Example: It would be annoying, if you for example surround a house and force the insiders to surrender. If you wouldnt hear/see something of them for a few seconds, you would need to rush the house to be sure you get them without logging off. Thats why a timer lower then 60sec is a No-Go.

2. Server Hopping / Ghosting:

- Similar to Combat Logging, when a player joins a new game, he shouldnt really be able to move the first 60 seconds. A direct chat message should appear "Player just logging in" (or waking up, or whatever), so players around are warned. This chat message could later be replaced by some "wake up yawning, and a crawling out of sleeping bag" animation. People would think twice before they serverhop in some crowded area for looting or backstabbing.

- Players shouldnt be able to rejoin the same server within 5 minutes, so Ghosting (logging off, running to another position, logging in, shooting someone in the back) would be nearly impossible. (if you crash and want to rejoin your friends, 5min is an acceptable time to wait also, i guess)

- Players who die should be auto-respawned within 15sec, so they cannot tell theyr friends what is goin on around.

- If players are joining more then 3 Servers within 30min, theyr time to be able to join the next server should be increased (and so on) (only implement this or similar solution, when loot-respawn actually works)

3. Dead body despawn time should be increased to like 45min, 1 hour or more.

- immersion

- if you shoot someone and want to loot him, you cant always do it within 15min (or whatever it is at this moment) because other ppl might camp it, its too dangerous, or whatever reason. for now its just way too less.

4. Players in handsup/ surrender Animation should be able to search and take equipment from, just the same as ppl beeing handcuffed. For now, if you want to non-violently rob someone, you must tell them to drop allt theyr clothes + backback, just to search it. Pretty annoying.

5.6, 7..... more zombies and building and so on, is anyway on the list, so no need to mention it here.

Sorry for new topic, but all this useless discussion about some important, pretty easy to fix thingies are just not necassary.

• Like 3

Its your first post but i am sure its not your first post ever on a forum .... Please use the search function you will find this is quite well known problem and there is already a fix coming.

1/100th of the time it took to make the post you would have found the thread for it.

• Like 1

I agree to the matter on server hopping and combat logging... I do not agree to robbing people. You can have your items if you roam the surrounding areas with your friends, robbing is not a solution... this way you can feel the survival side of the game too and see new places instead of camping 1 place and waitin for people to pop out and then rob them from their belongings.

even easier:

10 second timer for logging out + body stays live, so no combat logging at all. or you die and get looted.

5 minute timer for changing servers...the end, no compromise and no more server hopping

Breaking point has no server hopping...but they also have loot spawn timers lol

Seriously? There's another topic about this exact subject within the top 6 posts of this forum.

Could a mod please lock/merge this thread?

• Like 1

Its your first post but i am sure its not your first post ever on a forum .... Please use the search function you will find this is quite well known problem and there is already a fix coming.

1/100th of the time it took to make the post you would have found the thread for it.

Don't be an ass, his ideas are genuinely good.

• Like 2

And they're not different enough from the ideas posted in the other threads of the same subject to warrant a different thread.

...... I do not agree to robbing people. You can have your items if you roam the surrounding areas with your friends, robbing is not a solution... this way you can feel the survival side of the game too and see new places instead of camping 1 place and waitin for people to pop out and then rob them from their belongings.

Robbing is already now possible, everyone one got his own style of game, this is dayZ. if you think "robbing is not a solution" its your choice, but dont forbid a quite realistic option for others. As it is now, you can rob someones gear either by handcuffing him, or KILLING him. My suggestion will add another "non deadly", pretty realistic, alternative to interact with people. If someone has his hands up, he kind of agrees, that you are at this very moment, superior to him and you can do basicly whatever you want with him. For now you have to tell him to drop his backback and trousers and so on, to search him, OR what most people prefere to not waste time, just execute him, so they dont have to tell him to drop his stuff.. Not that useful/realistic/immersive, OR?

And they're not different enough from the ideas posted in the other threads of the same subject to warrant a different thread.

Actually they are quite good summed up, reasonable, not that hard to implement and a pretty well accepted (by most), not too hard to implement, solution to the most annoying points in the alpha right now.

Edited by MOFO_Krazikilla

So what you gents think about this summed up suggestions, should this be the next step in Development?

Whats your most annoying point (bug, missing feature) at this moment?

I'd be careful suggesting anything that keeps your player in the world without you - Seeing as people are CURRENTLY having their internet crash and are walking through walls in two plus story buildings to their death.

I'd be careful suggesting anything that keeps your player in the world without you - Seeing as people are CURRENTLY having their internet crash and are walking through walls in two plus story buildings to their death.

Any other ideas?

I mean if they wont do something like this, a "professional" combat logger, can always just shut down his dayZ, or plug off the internet cable.  So if you want to get rid of combat logging, in my opinion, you are forced to do something like that.

Internet and game/pc crashes will always happen, not just CURRENTLY :)

Edited by MOFO_Krazikilla