Sign in to follow this  
reflectedtaco

Megaphones

I was told to write this on the suggestions section, I thought it'd be fun if there were megaphone in the game that operated on batteries (that would need to be found and would eventually drain). The megaphone would allow you to be heard over longer distances but would at the same time attract more zombies if used.

Edited by reflectedtaco
  • Like 10

I dig it too... As a ultra rare spawn though... Annoying as hell in the hands of everyone

Sounds pretty good! Maybe not all that useful, but then again, neither are spray paint cans.

This is a good idea. Basically, it should be an aimable device just like the flashlight.

Aim direction, for coding convenience, should be irrelevant.

I think that you have 2 options as to activation: 1)Either you have to left mouse click AND hit your voice command(capslock), or 2) better yet just make it a passive increase so long as it is in your hands. Then just voice chat or type. I think Range should be AT LEAST 500m; but it should be somewhat audible even at 1km. In real life these things can be set LOUD.

I think also, that any voice broadcast over it should be filtered, and/or preceded/ended(both) By a click or other audible noise that clearly indicates to the listener that it is a megaphone, and not spoken message.

This is actually more useful then you give it credit for. This allows you to broadcast your intentions over a wide area. Announce your presence etc. EXTREMELY useful. Although, as Ive said it needs sufficient range to be useful. At least longer than standard engagement ranges.

Possible Use example: The idea being you could use it to direct talk with another sniper who you are also trying to snipe, but maybe you can talk this out from behind cover.

Rarity: Uncommon, but not super rare. I would say it should be about as often as any other miscellanious civilian supplies like flashlights, radio, etc. Maybe only slightly rarer. Certainly not "ultra rare". Thats dumb. YOU WANT folks to communicate before engagements. Thats preferable to pretty much everyone.

Only being able to voice chat at hold-up ranges is not good. You should be able to voice chat further away, even if the other party doesn't have a radio.

• Like 2

i say have them only on cop cars.. if youre gonna be annoying and spam tunes, you better have something to risk more than your bambi.

i say have them only on cop cars.. if youre gonna be annoying and spam tunes, you better have something to risk more than your bambi.

If you're going to spam tunes, people will find you fast and try to take you down.

Which, might be another good feature of this suggestion. You could lure players out of their hiding spots, at the risk of them giving you some free bullets through the motorcycle helmet.

I can already see how people will abuse this, They will crank up the volume to max and start playing annoying music. But i like the idea, i just think its going to be abused more then doing any good

I'm not sure I understand how cranking volume to the max and playing music is "abuse". It isn't. That's something you should be able to do.

I'd atleast like the ability to "shout" in direct chat, like press a button and amp up the range and volume of my voice at the cost of pissing off zombies.
I don't telling people to drop there guns and their pants in my inside voice...