Sign in to follow this  
Lapua Lupo

Issue with door locks on my server?

I've got a relatively new Epoch server, and I have users reporting issues with door locks.

Locks on regular wooden doors on small and large wooden walls definitely work.

Locks on garage doors don't seem to work. I have a player that's been struggling with this. Right now, after a restart, his locks are gone off the door. In the database I can see that the door is assigned to his character Id. He'll put the lock on it and write down the code, but the code won't work. If I check the database i'll see that the door is now assigned to a character id of 0.

I've also seen an issue with a cinderblock garage door where it won't allow me to upgrade it with a lock. The door is up in the world, I mouse wheel it and hit upgrade, and i get an error, which i had written down and appear to have lost.

Everything else seems to be working. Guys are building the crap out of everything. Any ideas?

Edited by Lapua Lupo

Sorry, should have specified. Will edit OP. It's Epoch.

Edited by Lapua Lupo

I'm also investigating the possibility that the doors work if built all the way up inside the player's inventory, but are broken if upgraded to a locked door while already in the world. Still testing it. Has anyone seen either of these potential issues?

Ok, we've confirmed conclusively that if we build the door and put the lock on it BEFORE placing it, while everything is still in our inventory, the door works properly.

If we upgrade a door into a locked door while it's already placed in the world, it does not work. The lock can't be unlocked and disappears on restart.

This is apparently because the database isn't being updated from "Item" to "ItemLocked' once the object has already been placed...but why?

Edit: Looking around the interwebs, this looks like a variation of an issue other people have seen where objects say "Not Setup Yet" or can be upgraded but downgrade themselves on a server restart if they upgrade it after it was already placed. I see a few posts on this problem but not solution.

Also, i've just recalled an incident where I had a wall downgrade itself after restart after I had upgraded it to a wall w/ window. It's likely a symptom of the same problem.

Edited by Lapua Lupo

Ok i've got the fix for my case. My server host had the wrong version of server_swapObject.sqf on my server.

I downloaded the official 1.0.3.1 server files and ran a differential between the server_swapObject.sqf on my server and the one that comes in the default server files, and they were very different.

I confirmed that the server_swapObject.sqf file in my server PBO didn't have anything custom script related in it, then replaced it with the one from the default server PBO and confirmed that it fixed the issue.

The file is located in dayz_server > compile