Mdogg2005

For those complaining about development pace

Perfectly said, don't complain it's alpha  :beans:

• Like 3

+1 Greatly said. :) Although I would prefer they don't take a couple weeks old trip to Egypt or whatever. xD

Edited by DJ SGTHornet

Id say dont complain at the speed of development but do not keep silient in flaws you have found with the game at each stage of the game development.

I have seen it before and i hope not to see it here but on other alpha games i have followed the development people have reported problems with the game and have been shot down by the STFU its alpha or beta crowd and those problems ended up staying in the game!!! Dont complain report dont say this is total BS but constructively express what is wrong and if you get the STFU alpha beta crowd id say right back STFU thats the point of alpha beta development to find the flaws and fix them (hopefully)

PS that means general discussion is probably not the best place for the flaws or what you think are flaws to be posted ( flaws/bugs etc)

• Like 8

Id say dont complain at the speed of development but do not keep silient in flaws you have found with the game at each stage of the game development.

I have seen it before and i hope not to see it here but on other alpha games i have followed the development people have reported problems with the game and have been shot down by the STFU its alpha or beta crowd and those problems ended up staying in the game!!! Dont complain report dont say this is total BS but constructively express what is wrong and if you get the STFU alpha beta crowd id say right back STFU thats the point of alpha beta development to find the flaws and fix them (hopefully)

PS that means general discussion is probably not the best place for the flaws or what you think are flaws to be posted ( flaws/bugs etc)

Agreed 100%  I am always ready and willing to support a game / developer that is open about their development cycle and progress.  As long as they continue to bring us small fixes / updates along the way and keep us fully up to date on what's going on and what is planned for the next update, etc. then I am fine with them taking as long as they need (within reason of course).

I also agree that bugs and stuff being found need to be mentioned - but not 100000 times in the general forums, as you've said. 

The people screaming "It's alpha stfu!" also do nothing but hurt game development.  Yes it's alpha.. it's in alpha because things like this need to be addressed before it can move into beta and then final release.

Thanks.

Edited by Mdogg2005
  • Like 1

You have my beans. There's no need for rush. A rushed game is a bad game. And there have been some games in these pasts years that have been rushed because of their dead lines publishers give them *cough* EA* *cough* and turned out badly.

• Like 1

That means a lot,

I hate this is alpha so stfu attitude. Sounds excuse my word but imbecile approach to criticism. Alpha and Beta stages is meant to tear apart the whole game and talk even on smallest details. Each feedback means something. And the developer uses that raw information to shape their project if its needed or seem fit to their work.

• Like 3

The DayZ forums are pretty good for a game forum, and there are lots of quality people who make quality constructive posts on this board. So since the alpha opened it's been annoying to read all of the "I know it's alpha BUT (I choose not to read any releases from the developers or even check on page 2 of the forum before I tap out my treatise on something that was talked to death in 2011)" posts. Everybody should be able to express their opinion, but if you're a moron you should consider reading more than you type as a strategy to correct that disability.

• Like 2

Good call, Let them take their time and get it done right.

I'll be so happy when vehicles make it into the game, untill then I'm not going to bitch about walking everywhere. When they do make it, I'll probably get shot several times trying to get one and go back to walking.

Enjoy what you have!! it's awesome!!

The DayZ forums are pretty good for a game forum, and there are lots of quality people who make quality constructive posts on this board. So since the alpha opened it's been annoying to read all of the "I know it's alpha BUT (I choose not to read any releases from the developers or even check on page 2 of the forum before I tap out my treatise on something that was talked to death in 2011)" posts. Everybody should be able to express their opinion, but if you're a moron you should consider reading more than you type as a strategy to correct that disability.

I agree 100%.  People think that by making 1,000,000 posts on the same topic is more effective than just having 1 thread containing the topic with 1,000,000 replies in it.  People need to use the search function and contribute to trending, existing posts and stop creating their owns that eventually turn into flame bait anyway.

I don't care if it takes 2 weeks to fix zombie pathfinding or adding new pants, I just want to know that it's being worked on. Rocket's never been good at being open with his community, and that's what the problem is. Maybe with this roadmap they're talking about things will be different, but I don't have very high hopes. This is the same guy that wouldn't let server admins ban blatant hackers and had his community dissolve into private hives and spinoff mods within a handful of months.

DayZ doesn't have a lot to offer right now. The mod lasted for about 3 months or so before it's CCU plummeted, the hackers took over the main hive, and people fled to the private hives. SA has even less than the mod, and if there's no carrot for us to chase how could anyone expect someone to stick around for a year of this? It's not about slow or fast development, it's about open development.

Edited by Publik
  • Like 3

Rocket's never been good at being open with his community, and that's what the problem is.

It's not really his problem anymore, it's Bohemia's. The need to hire people to keep this dialog open. rocket's time is too important for him to spend hours a day interacting with the community and keeping everyone up to date on what he's doing. Someone with fewer skills and a smaller paycheck needs to take on that role.

• Like 1

It's not really his problem anymore, it's Bohemia's. The need to hire people to keep this dialog open. rocket's time is too important for him to spend hours a day interacting with the community and keeping everyone up to date on what he's doing. Someone with fewer skills and a smaller paycheck needs to take on that role.

Same issue, just worse. Now it's not just Rocket I have to be angry at, it's BIS. If Rocket and team wants to follow a Minecraft style development cycle, they need to be making snapshots and keeping their community informed, before we all get bored of Disinfectant Party 2014 and start playing War Thunder instead.

• Like 1

I don't think it's fair to say BF3 wasn't finished. I felt one of the largest mistakes was taking input from the community. Every other patch something got nerfed and another upgraded due to overwhelming complaints and whining. One of the only games I've played in which you can log in every other day and the characteristics of your favorite weapon changes. 

BF3. Where the original weapons perform better than the unlocks.

I directly compare the dev pace in dayz to that of other alpha games.

Compared to Rust for example dayz is moving along at a snails pace.

People aren't getting shot down for posting valid issues with constructive feedback.  People are getting shot down because they:

1. Complain about already well-known issues that have been reported numerous times already, when they could just bump one of the other hundred other topics about the exact same thing.

2. Whine about how they got killed or some bug/game issue is ruining their gameplay.  Game development isn't prioritized by whatever thing killed you last and self-entitlement issues due to your epeen being hurt.

3. Don't even know that the feedback tracker exists or just don't bother to use it at all and would rather just pointlessly bitch about stuff.  

4. Complain about DayZ not having features from mainstream FPS games (like factions/classes/game modes/killscreens/player stats/etc) and how it's too hard which demonstrates a failed lack of understanding of the concept behind DayZ.  DayZ is not a mainstream FPS twitch shooter. It's supposed to be hard...actually harder than it is right now so for anyone who thinks DayZ is too hard now...I don't know what to tell ya.

5. Make largely unintelligible rants comprised mostly of profanity, CAPSLOCK and exclamation points!!!!!!!!!

6. Think millions of dollars should suddenly cut down over a year of projected game development to just a month (because BI can just hire 50 more DayZ programmers/developers in the Czech Republic right?), ignore the fact that there have been 6 updates addressing core gameplay issued in less than a month and don't see why developers shouldn't have weekends and holidays off or do unnecessary things like sleep.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly
  • Like 3

Waaaaat? you want more updates? aw geez thats too baaaad. Its just alpha after all!

479.jpg

• Like 6

Waaaaat? you want more updates? aw geez thats too baaaad. Its just alpha after all!

479.jpg

I hate TWC...

• Like 1

But this game had a leg up on most other alphas these days, it was already a mod, my biggest problem is that this game is (For the most part) behind the state of the mod, it seems that they have spent the majority of the dev time working on server stability (Not a bad thing) and adding a broken degradation system a bad thirst/ hunger system and  adding weapon attachments.... on the plus side the ui is better than the mod, still clunky but better than the mod.

People aren't getting shot down for posting valid issues with constructive feedback.  People are getting shot down because they:

1. Complain about already well-known issues that have been reported numerous times already, when they could just bump one of the other hundred other topics about the exact same thing.

2. Whine about how they got killed or some bug/game issue is ruining their gameplay.  Game development isn't prioritized by whatever thing killed you last and self-entitlement issues due to your epeen being hurt.

3. Don't even know that the feedback tracker exists or just don't bother to use it at all and would rather just pointlessly bitch about stuff.  

4. Complain about DayZ not having features from mainstream FPS games (like factions/classes/game modes/killscreens/player stats/etc) and how it's too hard which demonstrates a failed lack of understanding of the concept behind DayZ.  DayZ is not a mainstream FPS twitch shooter. It's supposed to be hard...actually harder than it is right now so for anyone who thinks DayZ is too hard now...I don't know what to tell ya.

5. Make largely unintelligible rants comprised mostly of profanity, CAPSLOCK and exclamation points!!!!!!!!!

6. Think millions of dollars should suddenly cut down over a year of projected game development to just a month (because BI can just hire 50 more DayZ programmers/developers in the Czech Republic right?), ignore the fact that there have been 6 updates addressing core gameplay issued in less than a month and don't see why developers shouldn't have weekends and holidays off or do unnecessary things like sleep.

ok not 100% sure why this one is directed at me but as it is we will cover the points trying not to be needlessly over the top (something you just bordered on here)

1 agreed and i have said the same to people opening more threads on same subject and would be covered by the point i made dont complain report( yes i know very general idea but as i have said before do we need to write a book every time we post)

2 this point is still covered by point 1 and is just more fluff and an example of much of point 1

3 still kinda covered by point 1 hence the REPORT part and you may be right they may not know/use the tracker and for such is it hard to post in there thread linking to tracker or telling them that is the best place for the bug they have found?? doesnt sound hard.

4 that would be a suggestion if its a feature they would like to see yes??? and thus would belong in the suggestions forum. People are able to express a suggestion be it a good or a bad one lets not forget they paid money for the game also does this mean Rocket and his dev team will take the suggestion??? Rocket seems like he has his own ideas of what is or isnt Dayz and honeslty i cant see him bending to what people want (even if its the majority ) if it doesnt fit his idea of what he believes Dayz to be.

This point i would say almost borders on a rant one of the things you dont want people to do in the forums ironic isnt it??? It also sort of makes you sound like a guy who played the mod and has his idea of what Dayz is and thats it again it is Rockets idea of what Dayz is that counts at the end of the day (not that i am dissagreeing with your general feel of what it is merely how you decided to um rant it.)

5 this is again covered by point 1 and merely another example of what not to do. Again do not complain, report covers this idea i guess its just simplified to not sound like a rant...

6I agree with this again but again this is covered by do not complain about the development time which is the start of my post so again unsure why this post has been directed at me??

Now the start of your post is People dont get shot down for posting valid(just read your starting line lol ) and i then direct you to my post where did i say they are ?? i said i hope not to see it here as i have on other development games forums and sadly it usually comes from guys well like you who have not read or understood what has been posted.

PS i love the name as a man old enough to have played gauntlet as a kid in arcades NeedsFoodBadly makes me laugh every time i see it.

Take a look at what happened with games like Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 - and just about any big AAA title that released with a deadline date in the last year or so.  People pay 60$ for games that have glaring issues in alpha, beta, and release - and in some cases, after years those issues aren't even fixed.

So please, if you want this game to be great (and I'd assume most of you do) stop complaining that they are taking their time on development and let them do their thing. The end result (ie: delayed gratification, something gamers these days seem to lack) will be far greater than them having rushed development to see a specific release date and rush the game out in a worse state than if they had time.

I am always ready and willing to support a game / developer that is open about their development cycle and progress.  As long as they continue to bring us small fixes / updates along the way and keep us fully up to date on what's going on and what is planned for the next update, etc. then I am fine with them taking as long as they need (within reason of course).

I also feel that bugs and stuff being found need to be mentioned - but not 100,000 times in the general forums. 

The people screaming "It's alpha stfu!" also do nothing but hurt game development.  Yes it's alpha.. It's in alpha because things like this need to be addressed before it can move into beta and then final release.  So stop derailing valid threads that bring up issues that need to be addressed under the excuse of "It's alpha, scrub!"

Food for thought.

haha i just mentioned crashfield 4 in my post AAA games are garbage pure absolute garbage.

ok not 100% sure why this one is directed at me but as it is we will cover the points trying not to be needlessly over the top (something you just bordered on here)

1 agreed and i have said the same to people opening more threads on same subject and would be covered by the point i made dont complain report( yes i know very general idea but as i have said before do we need to write a book every time we post)

-snip-

My reply wasn't aimed at you specifically.  I was responding to this:

"I have seen it before and i hope not to see it here but on other alpha games i have followed the development people have reported problems with the game and have been shot down by the STFU its alpha or beta crowd and those problems ended up staying in the game!!!"

For the most part if someone gets a terse reply it's either because it's deserved or it's some newtroll who doesn't know better.  So, if you get the "It's an alpha." reply, it's usually for the reasons I stated above.

At any rate, for an alpha or beta that's nowhere near release, "It's an alpha." is a perfectly valid response.

Constructive suggestions are fine but many of these "Classes! Factions! Team Deathmatch!" crap has already been suggesting numerous times, which is why people start to get annoyed responses to them.

A lot of the suggestions and complaints we see on the forums, have one or more threads on the exact same forum page.  People will complain about something and there's a thread complaining about the exact same thing right below theirs.  For example, there have been I think like 6 threads this week about being able to open cans without a can opener and I think a couple more that were deleted or merged. 

• Like 2

I apologise if i read more into your comments than was intended(including the fact that it was directed at me) Mistakes happen .

I give you beans for not attacking in your retort of my post ( you took a higher moral ground than myself as i made slight implications which on your retort i regret( have to practice what i preach at times lol hard when reason can be hard to come by in some forums)

there was still a bit of a rant in there again i understand frustration on forums OH do i understand it and i have made some Dossey rants and regretted it afterwards i mean your is not even close to a rant if compared to some of my RANTS of epic fail ( i am far FAR from perfect LOL)

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 1

Nice post.  Its ok to submit bug reports, but my god don't plague the forumns with your butthurt rants.  +1