DMentMan

Singleplayer / offline mode?

i have 500 MB internet connection and i run the game in 300 FPS on full graphic settings, i was just thinking about other people, i want to say suck my dick but nah.

i'm not claiming you're impoverished, just oblivious to the concept of an online game.

firstly, If other people don't have an internet connection, then how are they going to download the game, and secondly if you want to play alone go to a low population server, and thirdly if your internet is down, fucking wait? And finally, almost any broadband connection should give perfectly reasonable pings, so who the fuck would this be aimed at? people who want to play a game that isn't dayz?

Why would the devs waste time building a version of the game worth playing in singleplayer, when it's going to be used by very few people? There's plenty of offline single player games out there, this isn't one of them.

Edited by Capo

I think single player for dayz SA would be a good idea, if you don´t have any internet connection and want to play dayz, you can just start singleplayer.

Here is some ideas for singleplayer:

So the gear you find will not be accessible in multiplayer

Zombies will be 2x harder in normal mode and 3x harder in hard mode

Food and water will drain faster as the difficult level goes up

More zombies will spawn in to the world that multiplayer

if you have your own ideas you can leave a comment.

Rumors of My Death Have Been Greatly Exaggrerated..

For those who won't play on satellite internet because of ping I just have this to say.

I have played with 800-1300 ping or more on satellite internet. You just have to play the game a second ahead of what is happening on screen. If you don't then you get you face axed off after you empty a magnum into someone and then watch the bullets hit them while you go unconscious. This all goes out the window with loot though. Just don't loot on the run.

Looting on the run does not end well even with a good ping.

• Like 1

I vote for No.

This game is imo about shooting(interact with) other players

I vote for No.

This game is imo about shooting(interact with) other players

This topic is so old...why bring it up?

Sorry to necropost, but where the hell is my LAN server option. Back in the beginning it was promised.

I'll give you some reasons why I want to play offline.

1. I want to try things out without having to worry about some dick wasting my time by killing me just as I've finished collecting what I need to do something like cook.

2. Finding ammo and shooting zombies and wildlife can be fun in itself - if I want to play battlefield, I'll load up battlefield.

5. To save me some bandwidth, try being in Australia - with a 50GB quota, move to another city? I live 2k from the center of the biggest city in Australia, am I expected to move to another country?

6. There are no empty hardcore servers - its Tuesday night and every experimental server has players on it (while there up) even the US ones when they should be quiet)

So tell me why there is a LAN tab in the connections window if an offline mode was never meant to be part of the game?

Hello there

Just say "No" to necroposts, kids.

I know we are a zombie survival game but all these dead post gives me the willies.

Feel free to make a new one on your topic.

Rgds

LoK