DMentMan

Singleplayer / offline mode?

I think single player for dayz SA would be a good idea, if you don´t have any internet connection and want to play dayz, you can just start singleplayer.

Here is some ideas for singleplayer:

So the gear you find will not be accessible in multiplayer

Zombies will be 2x harder in normal mode and 3x harder in hard mode

Food and water will drain faster as the difficult level goes up

More zombies will spawn in to the world that multiplayer

if you have your own ideas you can leave a comment.

singleplayer mode can be good for: new player to learn the game, if your internet is down or just to have fun alone

Edited by DMentMan
  • Like 9

there is a singleplayer mod of the dayzmod.

i sincerely doubt there will be an official SP/offline mode of the standalone

in my opinion there is no point to play single/offline without story mode about survivor or smthing like that

I doubt it as well but a short tutorial might be good for new players. Actually i would love a benchmark tool implemented.

the best tutorial is jump on server 20+ pop

and learn how to play by your own mistakes

• Like 2

I guess, this would be good addition. Why restrict people from playing offline? Though here is some problems. If you want to formally announce single player mode, then some people will find, that they have been cheated by the absence of NPC survivors. But as in the main game the NPC survivors is not intended, then allocating resources under it would look like like squandering.

But as training mode with zeds and animals, alone (or co-op with wife or buddy), why not.

• Like 1

Steam. Online.

/thread

Steam has an offline mode, though

• Like 2

I would love to see an Offline mode as I don't have very good internet, nor 24-7 access to it. Stewam Offline Mode DayZ also just allows you to see your character.

• Like 1

Offline/Single Player mode would be a great addition

for people like me that are on satellite internet or

have no internet. Just add bots to replace real players

its not close to having REAL actual players but as with counter-strike

and CS its better than nothing. I spend hours each day watching

you tube vids of people like FRANKIEn1080 playing Dayz. I would buy if there was 

Single player offline mode with bots. This way at least I could do more than watch other 

people having amazing fun. Would be great to make some bots wave first and be friendly

and some that are actively trying to take you down. Could even be friendly packs of 2-3 good/bad bots.

Would be the next best thing. Some good bots could even use blood packs/meds on you.

There is awhole offline world out here wanting to buy DayZ Give us a chance!

• Like 1

In the mod there was some servers with NPC bots who were friendly and hostile. They'd ignore you if they were friendly, and if they were hostile they were just as dangerous as players. They would go and fight other bandits in Cherno, even snipers came too. Had a long battle with them all

In the mod there was some servers with NPC bots who were friendly and hostile. They'd ignore you if they were friendly, and if they were hostile they were just as dangerous as players. They would go and fight other bandits in Cherno, even snipers came too. Had a long battle with them all

Wow sounds too good to be true.

Now if we could just get them to make that into offline server mode for solo play!

Amazing!

I don't mind if you want to play offline to familiarize yourself with the controls and mechanics, even though you could do that on a zero pop server easy enough, and there are a lot of guides already.

However, I don't think development time should be spent implementing human AI. It is more complex and time consuming than the Zombie/Wildlife AI we sorely need.

I don't mind if you want to play offline to familiarize yourself with the controls and mechanics, even though you could do that on a zero pop server easy enough, and there are a lot of guides already.

However, I don't think development time should be spent implementing human AI. It is more complex and time consuming than the Zombie/Wildlife AI we sorely need.

Wow how selfish of you...

I don't mean to be sarcastic... I'm serious.

There are other people out in the world

than people with high speed internet.

In the spirit of cooperation and friendship:

http://www.sodahead.com/question/3112449?link=ibaf&imgurl=http://favim.com/orig/201107/26/adorable-cat-cute-dog-pets-Favim.com-114383.jpg&q=Pet

• Like 1

Well, one of the key aspects of DayZ os player interaction, which would be impossible offline :)
I dont think they will make offline mode, the best you can hope for is an indebt tutorial, to help you learn the game.

But it kinda defeats the purpose of the game, to go offline.

Im not saying im totally against it, im just saying i really doubt it will ever happen hehe

offline mode is fine with me as long as your items are kept separate from the hive. 

althouhg i dont see the point really, this game was picked up as a multiplayer, Singleplayer would only take away from the production of the game it was meant to be. 

Well, one of the key aspects of DayZ os player interaction, which would be impossible offline :)

I dont think they will make offline mode, the best you can hope for is an indebt tutorial, to help you learn the game.

But it kinda defeats the purpose of the game, to go offline.

Im not saying im totally against it, im just saying i really doubt it will ever happen hehe

That's what they said about Counter-Strike, yet many others myself included

still to this day play Counter-Strike at home with no internet

on a server we make full of bots and have one hell of a good time.

That's all I want for DayZ. An Awesome game that I want to experience.

And I am willing to pay for it.

offline mode is fine with me as long as your items are kept separate from the hive. 

althouhg i dont see the point really, this game was picked up as a multiplayer, Singleplayer would only take away from the production of the game it was meant to be.

You would not see the point as YOU CAN PLAY ONLINE!

It would only take away from those of us that play with bots!

We are willing to deal with it not being as good but still good!

Its better than nothing. Damn higher another coder or two to make it off line for those of us that want it.

It cant be that hard for fans like the one that made the bots with Counter-Strike did it. Heck use the money

the offline players WILL fork over. Have a little empathy please.

NO.

if you don't have an internet connection, then i'm afraid this isn't the game for you.

I don't mean to shit on you for whatever your situation is, but if you can't afford a moderately fast internet connection, what are the chances you can afford a computer good enough to run the game?

Edited by Capo

NO.

if you don't have an internet connection, then i'm afraid this isn't the game for you.

I don't mean to shit on you for whatever your situation is, but if you can't afford a moderately fast internet connection, what are the chances you can afford a computer good enough to run the game?

lol you are a blast!

You are either a child or childishly ignorant! 

Dare I say ignorant buffoon? Yes I dare!

I could trade your net worth in one day on the market!

I live on 22 acres even without internet I would not trade lives with you!

Maybe for one hour out of the day to play DayZ!

• Like 1

lol you are a blast!

You are either a child or childishly ignorant! 

Dare I say ignorant buffoon? Yes I dare!

I could trade your net worth in one day on the market!

I live on 22 acres even without internet I would not trade lives with you!

Maybe for one hour out of the day to play DayZ!

look man, you can be as pompous and rude as you like, and you can brag about living in the middle of butt fuck nowhere, where land prices are cheap because nobody wants to live there, all you want. 

Fact is, you're not getting what you want, so you can shove it up your ass. 

NO.

i have 500 MB internet connection and i run the game in great fps, i was just thinking about other people, i want to say suck my dick but nah. Edited by DMentMan