Sign in to follow this  
Von_Carnage

Deeper character creation

OK  the actual character generation is faaar better than the inexistent one from the mod. wich is good
but yes, would be nice to have a couple more options to customize our survivors, mostly more hairs and his colors.
;)

Some of this would not be possible, such as height, since the skeleton in our "player" is locked to fit animations, items and to make future hitbox's fit on different areas and what not.

Dont get me wrong, would love some more options, but im afraid we wont be seing anything that would actually alter the shape of our player, believe it will be only cosmetics.

Not entirely true in general, although this may be the case for ARMA.  Translation of one skeleton animation to another of similar design is quite possible, and is something I do regularly when converting animation files from one model to the next.

They should definitely add more character customization. Especially BEARDS

Not entirely true in general, although this may be the case for ARMA.  Translation of one skeleton animation to another of similar design is quite possible, and is something I do regularly when converting animation files from one model to the next.

True, im just thinking there must be a damn good reason nothing like this has ever been in any kind of RV engine game. :)

I dont think the engine can support this well.

Edited by Byrgesen

Also with the EvE creator you can make your char a skinny or fat, young or old.

I reckon body condition should be linked to long term tracking of nutrition and physical activity.

Hair, beards, tats.... (a fresh bump :P )

we need something similar

XKd4dqE.jpg

Sculpting Your Appearance

The EVE Online character creator will allow you to simply hover your mouse over a part of your character's body, clicking and dragging the body part into the shape you want. You can zoom out to adjust the whole body or zoom in to manipulate the fine details. This allows for incredibly diverse options for physical appearance for each race and bloodline. You have a lot of options available to you to alter details, such as eye color, hair and clothing. You can also randomize your appearance, which can be a good place to start if you feel a little overwhelmed with the options. The customization options are split into 7 categories on the right hand side of the character creator window, detailed briefly below.

• Shape - You can manipulate your characters apparent weight and muscularity.
  • Complexion - You can alter your character's skin tone and add effects such as aging, scarring and freckles.
  • Eyes - You can select from a variety of different eye appearance as well as select your character's eye color.
  • Hair - You can set your character's hair style as well as the hair color, beard style (for males) and eyebrows.
  • Makeup - You can apply and tweak details such as eye shadow, eyeliner, blush and lipstick for your character. The males have many of the options available to them as well.
  • Clothes - Select your character's basic attire. Note that you must select at least one option from either the outer or top and one option frombottom and feet before you are able to proceed through the character creator.
  • Body Modifications - This category contains 3 sub-categories for piercingstattoos and scars. Click the Body Modifications category again to gain access to the other options again.

I think general complexity is something you should change, but matter of beards, tats, weight and everything els

should be influenced through gameplay. Have a friend cut your hair with scissors or use razor to shave your beard,

as well your diet effects you weight and complexity, starve too much and you start looking like made of sticks,

but makes your character becomes weak, as well poorly resistance to deceases.

Realistically everyone would look athletic, or get buff if they eat "too much". The DayZ survivors get too much exercise to gain any body fat. It would be all muscles.

Realistically everyone would look athletic, or get buff if they eat "too much". The DayZ survivors get too much exercise to gain any body fat. It would be all muscles.

It depends how you look at it. Realistically speaking many survivors wouldn't be traveling as much, unless their current food source around them has dried out

or they are threatened. Besides i don't think the typical roof top sniper bandit would become athletic by sitting around and waiting for victims.

Also think your muscles wouldn't even develop that well in apocalypse unless you are well supplied with protein and water.

Even if it isn't quite that in depth I'd love to see some level other than skin color. I'm blonde, why can't my character be blonde? Also, anything other than one hairstyle? I get that long hair is difficult, but what about short cropped hair not in a bun? A braid? Something else you know? It's a weird apocalypse when everyone looks the same but for their clothes...

Also I've noticed that when I sprint and my character breathes heavily it's definitely a male voice actor - there has to be an easy soundbite of a female breathing.

I hope they add this. I hate running around to see only the same face over and over again. Add more races than just black, white and asian (no racism intended.) Maybe spanish, indian and different races? I hope there is eye color, ear type, beard styles, hair color, facial expressions and more body customization. What I mean by body customization is muscles, height, arms, legs, head, feet and hands. I hope this is a good post. It's my 100th.  

I hope they add this. I hate running around to see only the same face over and over again. Add more races than just black, white and asian (no racism intended.) Maybe spanish, indian and different races? I hope there is eye color, ear type, beard styles, hair color, facial expressions and more body customization. What I mean by body customization is muscles, height, arms, legs, head, feet and hands. I hope this is a good post. It's my 100th.  

Spain and India are not races... they have the 3 main 'races' already covered, Mongoloid, Caucasoid and Negroid.

I hope it gets far more in depth than it is. That being said I know the engine isn't the greatest for it. I'm sure they have something planned. It is already leaps and bounds better than how it was in the mod.

Hope they add stories that you can make for your character. Meaning the life they had before the outbreak and/or what they did during the outbreak. Not talking about a whole life story, just a few bits of information would greatly influence how people play this game.

And we have playerbase of 100% midgets running around in cherna for the smaller hitbox.  <_<

if they Can Make it Long enough to Be a threat

Short Legs Means Slow Speed

Outrunning Zombies andd Psychopaths Would Be Near Impossible and those Headshots From Zombies is So Easy when Crouched if your Small Be Used to Seeing "you Are Dead"

Holy sh. Arma 2 just isn't made for this. See how they struggle to force the engine do things it was originally not made for. I strongly support the idea of detailed customization... but.

And what would it be good for? We have to face it. DayZ is a deathmatch game. Nobody is interested in any looks. Especially when you can't see it (on yourself on 1stp servers and on other characters as well due to hats, helmets, masks). Further, 99% of all close quarter encounters only last a few seconds.

Height has some gameplay implications and as it is something chosen at spawn its less affected by game dynamics. This means different body sizes would need to be balanced against each other - or people would just pick the best one. Thats why I would rather like to see different body shapes that have about the same hitbox but feature different proportions.

As for size smaller players have a smaller hitbox but in turn bigger players might run a little faster and have a higher range for interaction (picking up, search, melee etc.). Also smaller ones might need less food but are also more vulnerable to poison and sickness.

And what would it be good for? We have to face it. DayZ is a deathmatch game. Nobody is interested in any looks.

We don't have to face whats simply not true. Sure if you want to play DayZ as a deathmatch game you won't need it but others will find it useful. Customization allows for recognition which in turn has many possible applicatons. Also I am pretty sure that there are also players interested in looks.

To see your character in 1st person press Tab. Would be nice if you could also see your stance/movement there.

I will love to have something like this... it will make the game more "realistic" with characters having distinctive characteristics, it may even reduce the KoSing a bit if you can recognise people by how they look. It will also be cool to have some old people and kids running around.. well.. the kids... not the old people.... :huh:

Maybe - though it might have more effect on players who do not KoS in the first place. However, recognition would also extend to corpses with all the implications.

Clipping.

Thats actually a pretty stupid argument. You could just hide any feature that might clip (hair, ears nose) when it makes sense (e.g. a ponytail does not show when wearing a helmet). While it might be cool to have any face or head shaping your headwear (especially things like Face Masks or Balaclavas) slightly different it will probably never happen - which is fine.

For body types (which includes different heights) its a little more involved as clothing has to be remodeled - but here you don't need to add many. Leave this to the faces. I think having a wide variety of faces is just as important as having vehicles or base building.

One word why it wont happen.

Clipping.

#alpha

#plannedtobefixed

One word why it wont happen.

Clipping.

Every Female Characters Bun Clips Through 98% of Headgear Now and the Characters Arms Already Go through the Sleeves of Most Shirts xD Hasent Stopped DayZ Yet Why Start Now, lol

As for size smaller players have a smaller hitbox but in turn bigger players might run a little faster and have a higher range for interaction (picking up, search, melee etc.). Also smaller ones might need less food but are also more vulnerable to poison and sickness.

Yeah Balanced i think :) I Mean How Many times i Get Shot trying Reach that Mag on top Shelf in the ACC at the Airfields as a Newbie

Personaly i think Would Be Fun To See Peoples  Survivors More

Friends and Enemies  Wouldnt all Be "Light Male" And then Get Shot Cause they are all in Combat Gear on Both Sides and Worried about Friendly Fire

Not all People IRL Are the Same Build and Height And one of 4 Faces

Love to See Variety And Personality of Each Survivor a Bit More

Edited by NokyoOkami

Every Female Characters Bun Clips Through 98% of Headgear Now and the Characters Arms Already Go through the Sleeves of Most Shirts xD Hasent Stopped DayZ Yet Why Start Now, lol

they also removed the mask + ballistic helmet combination due to clipping and then fixed it.

I am sure the clipping will get fixed and they would not introduce more clipping through character creation