Sign in to follow this  
Von_Carnage

Deeper character creation

I've seen some great suggestions on this forum thus far and I'd like to add this... 

EvE online is the only other MMO that i've played and i think its char creation is great. 

Pick your gender, size, height, weight, hair style, beards, tats, scars etc etc

It would just give us all a more individual character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo9L8d-5x20

• Like 14

EvE character editor is among the best i have encountered.

• Like 5

And we have playerbase of 100% midgets running around in cherna for the smaller hitbox.  <_<

• Like 3

And we have playerbase of 100% midgets running around in cherna for the smaller hitbox.  <_<

Lets say the devs limit a chars size from 5 to 6 feet ? 

Also with the EvE creator you can make your char a skinny or fat, young or old. 

• Like 1

I think general complexity is something you should change, but matter of beards, tats, weight and everything els

should be influenced through gameplay. Have a friend cut your hair with scissors or use razor to shave your beard,

as well your diet effects you weight and complexity, starve too much and you start looking like made of sticks,

but makes your character becomes weak, as well poorly resistance to deceases.

• Like 5

I think general complexity is something you should change, but matter of beards, tats, weight and everything els

should be influenced through gameplay. Have a friend cut your hair with scissors or use razor to shave your beard,

as well your diet effects you weight and complexity, starve too much and you start looking like made of sticks,

I'd love to see this, but i doubt it will make it on the roadmap since again we and the devs are subjugates of the arma2 engine :(

if the body would change due to how much food/water it gets would be very immersive and also give the bandits a hint who might have more food loot ;)

I'm your opinion :)

Fair point however, if the apocalypse kicked off right now i'd already be a dude who's got some growth on my face and an half arm tat. 

I'd love to see this, but i doubt it will make it on the roadmap since again we and the devs are subjugates of the arma2 engine :(

if the body would change due to how much food/water it gets would be very immersive and also give the bandits a hint who might have more food loot ;)

I can just imagine bandit groups eating copious amount of tuna, drinking dried milk for all its protein and bench pressing newbies on the coast, thus becoming cherno beefcakes!  :D

• Like 3

I can just imagine bandit groups eating copious amount of tuna, drinking dried milk for all its protein and bench pressing newbies on the coast, thus becoming cherno beefcakes!  :D

I almost fell off my damn office chair. Applause to you good sir.

• Like 1

Fair point however, if the apocalypse kicked off right now i'd already be a dude who's got some growth on my face and an half arm tat. 

Considering this is a video game, things like tats should be something you earn by effort, so it becomes extra activity

to do in the wasteland. Spawning with most thing ready on you pretty much drains the fun, its the journey that matters.

• Like 1

I think we should be able to customize the face a bit more,but things like scars,beards,face paints etc. would come through gameplay.

"Hey,do you see this guy over there?"

"Yeah,his beard reaches his knees! He must have been alive for months!"

I think some different faces for each race, and some different hair color filters, and a few facial hair options (for male characters of course) would be nice... I dont think scars or tattoos are necissary... maybe the option to smear some mud/dirt on your face for camo too...

but really I'd be happy with hair/facial hair color and styles and some more options for faces. Also would like to be able to change my facial expression! would like to be able to smile when im showing people im friendly :P

Yes, although I do believe customization will be expanded upon we need to remind the devs that we want this. Although I would love to see EVE style customization, I'll settle for Fallout 3/New Vegas style creator.  

I can see how beards and weight could be affected through gameplay ( could this even be  programmed? ) how would i get my tattoo though ? 

We have certain roles already - Medics, scouts.... Oh look Daves just logged in, he's our, erm tattooist. cool i can get that sleeve finished now! :P

• Like 1

More thought and time being required to create your character each time you die would probably help to curb this mentality that your character is a carbon-copy throw-away that holds no value.

I would like to see them add more incentive to want to keep a particular character alive that isnt just about loot.  With talk of tats and beards growing it sounds like they are heading that way which is good.

Tats growing? Wat has this world come too

Just hook up with dave and he'll make that half sleeve into a full sleeve, viola your tat has grown :D 

I've noticed people posting stuff about not been able to recognise there mates cos there all camo'd (obviously more clothes will come in later patches)  or whatever, with a face and body creation you'll just be able to look at them and know who is who. kinda  :rolleyes:

I've seen some great suggestions on this forum thus far and I'd like to add this... 

EvE online is the only other MMO that i've played and i think its char creation is great. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo9L8d-5x20

Too much work.

I wouldn't mind more face variations, but body variations imply that the gear has to be adaptable for small and large guys, either through multiple versions of each item, or using fancy "auto fitting" tech (which never really work as good as it should). They already have to do fitting for male and female bodies, the more they have to do per item, the less items they can make in a given time.

Now before people start calling me names, i had the same decision to take for a game project i'm working on and the answer was the same that Bethesda has been using for all it's Elder scroll and Fallout games: all men share the same body, all women share the same body, 2 fitting to do per garment and nothing more.

Too much work.

I wouldn't mind more face variations, but body variations imply that the gear has to be adaptable for small and large guys, either through multiple versions of each item, or using fancy "auto fitting" tech (which never really work as good as it should). They already have to do fitting for male and female bodies, the more they have to do per item, the less items they can make in a given time.

Now before people start calling me names, i had the same decision to take for a game project i'm working on and the answer was the same that Bethesda has been using for all it's Elder scroll and Fallout games: all men share the same body, all women share the same body, 2 fitting to do per garment and nothing more.

I'm not a programmer so i wouldn't know. I'm possible wrong about height then in regards to eve's char creator, weight can be set how you like though.  

I'm not a programmer so i wouldn't know. I'm possible wrong about height then in regards to eve's char creator, weight can be set how you like though.  

I'm not saying it's impossible, but the more flexible avatars become, the more of a pain it is to create wearable items for them. Then there is also that the more unique each player become, the less asset recycling can be done in memory.

Some of this would not be possible, such as height, since the skeleton in our "player" is locked to fit animations, items and to make future hitbox's fit on different areas and what not.
Dont get me wrong, would love some more options, but im afraid we wont be seing anything that would actually alter the shape of our player, believe it will be only cosmetics.

Edited by Byrgesen