Bungles

Zombies still coming through walls

Date/Time: 6/22/12 12:30am

What happened: Zombies are still warping through walls and able to hit me through walls

Where you were: at the Bolata Airfield, In the Control Tower, they did it at the hanger outbuildings & were able to hit me and warp though the barbed wire/sandbags at the army tent with the 4 deer stands.

What you were doing: Scavaging for gear, I did aggro them.

*Current installed version: 1.7.5

*Server(s) you were on: US 78, US 29

*Your system specs:

Core i5 2500k

GTX 560ti

8gb Gskill ddr3

120gb ssd

1gb hdd

onboard sound

*Timeline of events before/after error:

In server us 78 When I was in the outbuilding I aggro'd the zombos while inside and they started hitting me through the wall and 1 warped inside right in front of me. I killed them bandaged and moved on.

In server 29 I went to the control tower and drew aggro as i was heading in and went to the main floor to get cover from them and There was a zombo hitting me from the left wall and 2 zombies warped into the building through the stairs.

This is true, it has happened to me multiple times in various places (using 1.7.1.5). Obviously they can also still see/hear me through a wall too.

My current issues lol

Zombies are agroing from 20+ yards away and through buildings. Crouch walking in a apt building and agro 20+ zombies from out side. Had a lot agro when im out side the town too.

LoS seems to work sort of. To the point I can lose the zombies if i get a certain distance away but if im in the same town and try going anywhere after i stop and lose them they all "re agro".

As stated above with the apt building entering a different one I used a Enfield to defend myself as it was all I had. I know its a loud weapon but when i entered the building there was maybe 5 zombies around the area and 124/134 zombies I killed around 63 zombies before running out of ammo and dieing as they just kept coming. Its not the first time ive seen a "swarm" like this me and a friend died at the NW Air Field after agroing a single zombie killing it and then the gun shot agroed a non stop wave.

This is my movie from playing it show clearly how zombie walk through walls.

Current installed version: 1.7.1.5

*Your system specs:

Core i5 3550

Radeon 6770

8gb ddr3

onboard sound

I got exactly the same thing...

Same thing happens in supermarkets and bars (from stairs to room next to the stairs)... I hope rocket fixes this. I think this is more annoying then the problems with noise inside of houses etc...

I tend to spend a lot of time barns because, well, barns rock. In the last 24hrs I've had 3 scenarios in 3 different types of barns.

Long pull building style - Prone in the corner, making sure my entire body was visible within the confines of the building. Both audible and visual indicators were null and no Zombs were aggroed prior to reaching this point. Hopper making his way along the outside of the building turns the corner and doesn't even make an alarmed sound - Just proceeds to chew away on my ankle while I watch my health plummet. No part of the Zomb was glitching through the wall during this either.

3-story hay loft barn - Kneeling behind a row of crates on the lower level easily a couple feet away from any of the 3 walls around me. Audible and visual indicators were null and no Zombs were aggroed prior to reaching this point. Passing Zomb on the small end of the barn (my Six) screams an alarmed sound, and runs in place outside clawing at the wall making no attempt to enter the barn.

1 story hay barn with single entrance and narrow vertical slat windows - Laying prone in the center of the barn between LoS of the entrance and LoS of a pair of the slat windows. Audible and visual indicators were null and again no Zombs were aggroed prior to this point. Passing Zomb on the small end of the barn (my Nine) screams an alarmed sound, and runs in place outside clawing at the wall making no attempt to enter the barn. More Zombs investigate and soon I counted 5-6 all aggroed out there before retiring for the evening. I'd say I was at least a person's length away from the wall they aggroed through so 5-6 feet?

Not only that but they are agroing through walls. (using 1.7.1.5). Not only that they can attack through walls, causing damage and bleeding. It sucks cause if you are bunkered down or hiding from Bandits, it's a DEAD give away. not mad. just reporting at bug.

Yea I've lost more blood to being hit through walls/zombo warp than fighting zombies straight up. I recently stopped going into buildings to corner them and just started using the backup and shoot technique. Less blood loss, less broken bones, less bleeding and they can't knock my poor ass out!

Lost my 2 week old character to this today, was in the side room in a horse barn. Was facing the entrance to fend off a hoard when about 4 warped/attacked though the wall. I went from 9k blood to 2k in one hit.

Later today I ran my new char to Berenzino, aggroed three zombies and ran into an apartment building. I was on the second landing gunning down the endless hoard (i killed around 50) running through the front entrance. I moved to an apartment to better position myself and about five warped though the wall into the apartment and took me down from 11k blood to 3k in about 2 hits. One more warped in and finished me off.

Installed Version

DayZ 1.7.1.5

ArmA 2 93965

Specs*

Intel i7 920

Nvidia 570 1Gb

12Gb DDR3 system ram

1 Tb HD

Onboard Audio

Server LA 7

Date/Time: 10 minutes ago, 1:20pm EST June 24th, 2012

What happened: Aggroed a zombie and he ran right through the wall into the store, I had moved to the front of the store and hid behind the registers and he walked in and right through the meat case(or whatever you want to call that Hip-High divider) as well, and ran right for me, I moved behind the shelves, and he ran through a shelf, and attacked me from inside the shelf, he was swiping me and I couldn't shoot back cuz I couldn't see him, only his hands.

Where you were: The Supermarket in Elektro

What you were doing: Scavenging for goods crawling, then decided to switch to crouch-walking through the store.

*Current installed version: DayZ 1.7.1.5/OA beta 93965

*Server(s) you were on:US91 (Which runs 1.7.1.5 and beta 93965)

*Your system specs: asus mb P7 series, windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 2.8ghz, 8gbs Corsair Dominator DDR3 1333mhz, 1tb Seagate HD, Geforce GTX 460 SE 1gb GDDR5, Nvidia HD Audio.

*Timeline of events before/after error: Scavenging in the Supermarket, looking for Beans.

Yeah.. I had this as well a lot of times.

I also think zombies tend to get aggroed from longer distances, even through walls. Although patch notes state something else. Anyways. Problem is still there in 1.7.1.5

Date/Time: 24. June 2012

*Current installed version: 1.7.1.5

*Server(s) you were on: EU25, EU18, DE7 etc.

*Your system specs:

MSI 890FXA-GD70

AMD Phenom II X4 965 @3.4 GHz

6 Gb OCZ Ram

nVidia GTX 460 1Gb

*Timeline of events before/after error:

Err don't really understand this :s

I just ran into a building after having aggroed zombies (through a concrete wall) and suddenly they came in through the walls.

Agreed!!!

This shit is pissin me off....if you close a door on a zees face or hide behind store shelves then you expect to have time to bandage or eat, until you notice them coming straight threw the solids to 1 hit you and break bones.

1.7.1.5..beta 93965.

Any server , does not matter.Any building. Zeds come through or attack through walls, doors, stairs etc. They also seem to have at least a ten foot reach a lot of the time.

Saw one Zed at Balota run at me..then past me then straight through the hangar wall closest to the Tower, for all i know he is still running !

I go with one of the previous posters tatctics..run then back up and shoot. The buildings offer no safety due the fact it seems they are not physically there for the Zeds.

Just adding my two cents. I often have zombies clip through walls of warehouses, and especially those 3 spawn grey log cabin houses. ill often post up across the table from teh door and watch them clip into the table to try and get me as i axe them in the face.

My understanding is that this is a problem with how the mod interacts with the Arma2 engine. Based on a couple of things Rocket mentioned previously, I'm not sure it will ever be fixed.

Never fix the zeds coming through walls ? I would pretty much call that a game breaker right there. It is the biggest bug that needs to be fixed imo

[/align] Do you have a link to Rockets post ? i would be interested in reading it , tia if you do.

Never fix the zeds coming through walls ? I would pretty much call that a game breaker right there. It is the biggest bug that needs to be fixed imo

[/align] Do you have a link to Rockets post ? i would be interested in reading it ' date=' tia if you do.[/quote']

There was an amazing post here on the forums that got eaten in the forum reset. Somone had made an organized list of 100s of Rocket's posts and you could find just about anything he has said on a great deal of topics. While reading pretty much all of them I found a few which referenced the zed clipping and how the engine would not allow him much influence over zed behavior given the way the code was currently designed. He didn't suggest that it would never work, just not the way it is done now.

The "magic" that he used to pull off a zombie entity comes cobbled with some strict limitations. As far as zed AI goes, they are extremely cheap but the control of their AI is very limited. A zombie is just a boar with minimal AI, a very creepy skin and some AoE damage after all. There are not a lot of instructions he can do with an animal AI. It seems if he used human AI entitys, that each entity comes at a much steeper cost to the engine and therefore we wouldnt have as nearly as many zombies available. Its a tradeoff. I'm sure between them (BIS / Rocket) they'll work something better out. Who knows, maybe some entirely new AI will be developed down the road and imagine what the zeds could become at that point?

Anyway he has something like 1400 posts so I dont know if I could ever find the specific ones again without having that compilation of links. It was titled "everything rocket has ever said" or something like that, maybe it's cached somewhere? .

Cheers for the post System, makes sense..its like the mostly retarded AI in flight sims..even the dcs ones, and generally for the same reasons. Hoping they find a way around.the limitations in the future.

I find it odd that it's an AI thing, as opposed to a physics thing. Unless BIS devs coded in some fudge because the AI kept getting hung up on random geometry.

teleported into one of the small storage rooms i was in the ones outside all doors were closed.