ianaconda

-=BEARDS=-

Beards?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. How should beards be added?

• Start clean shaven and players grow beards over time.
    • Beards or clean shaven should be selected at character creation.

Handcuff someone and shave their beard is awesome idea.  Handcuff, chose shave beard, chose style.

"You've been very cooperative, and you've obviously worked hard on that beard, so I'm going to leave you handlebars to remember it by."

• Like 1

Handcuff someone and shave their beard is awesome idea.  Handcuff, chose shave beard, chose style.

"You've been very cooperative, and you've obviously worked hard on that beard, so I'm going to leave you handlebars to remember it by."

Yup, you got it.  More of a punishment, then help.  Shave off some dudes two week long beard.  I guess if you did give

'em the ole handlebar stash they could just clean shave themselves or say thank you I was going to do that myself.

Having beards that are found however allows both sexes to particapate.

-smitty

I like the idea of beards over time.   But, find a bear on the ground then glue it to your face?  Idk about finding beards.  

Im no coder, but i dont see how hard it would be for the game to check your hours when you join the game; and apply a beard / long hair accordingly.  And then over ride that by checking for razor modifiers. 

I thought the majority of the community wanted beards that you would grow over time as a symbol of your time of survival, not chosen at the beginning. 

Pictures look awesome though. 

I think there should be more different looks for players. Maybe things you could choose in the beginning and things like beards u can achieve by survive as long as you can. At the beginning I want to be able to choose if I´m skinny or fat, small or tall, maybe tatoos, different hair styles, how old I am etc.

• Like 2

Yes! Please add beards at top priority!  :D

Finding this topic is like hitting a jackpot since this is the most desired thing i want in DayZ Standalone.  :beans:  :beans:

• Like 1

I dont think BI or rocket gives two shits what we want to be honest. 

Not after reading his comments on the Sound Thread in reddit where he pretty much said fuck off, if you care about sound in the SA you arent going to enjoy the SA. 

The lazyness of this company will continue on from ARMA 2 and 3 and you guys are kidding yourselves if you think there is any chance of beard texture that grow over time. 

That is too much polish for a BI game. 

Edited by VictorM

Just keep this topic alive and hope for the best.  :D

Edited by lDeel

I dont think BI or rocket gives two shits what we want to be honest. 

Not after reading his comments on the Sound Thread in reddit where he pretty much said fuck off, if you care about sound in the SA you arent going to enjoy the SA. 

The lazyness of this company will continue on from ARMA 2 and 3 and you guys are kidding yourselves if you think there is any chance of beard texture that grow over time. 

That is too much polish for a BI game. 

So why do you think Suggestions section for ?

• Like 1

I had this idea but a little different. Players thay have been alive more than 24 hours got a beard. Kinda like how a bandit uniform would be earned.

That way you would stand out. Lol. I bet a majority of beard holders would be heros and not bandits.

This would also assist in remembering who is who

Yep it would really add to the game ,because right now everybody in-game looks almost identical. Beards would be absolute game changer in this sort of way.

Why do I suddenly think of music from the Vietnam war era when I saw the OP's post.

And the war.