ianaconda

-=BEARDS=-

Beards?  

440 members have voted

1. 1. How should beards be added?

• Start clean shaven and players grow beards over time.
    • Beards or clean shaven should be selected at character creation.

Well you guys wanted something to make characters life valuable. This is it. 

@Awruk

If that atrocity is a woman, I'm an actual Kryptonian. 

tlhIj jIH. nojtaHghach Hol krypron pagh pejatlh.

"nuances ?" - get real

Edited by pilgrim

tlhIj jIH. nojtaHghach Hol krypron pagh pejatlh.

"nuances ?" - get real

I don't know what you are on, but take half. 

Oh god.

The image of beardo tacticool operators is burned into the back of my eyeballs. 

But I look forward to having a nice stache with some sweet burns. Ladykiller, that's what I am!

Yes! THIS! Finally Something to show off how long you are surviving.  players take risks because there is only gear to loose. 

If beards will be added you can see if someone is living for a while (long beard) or if its a noob (no beard) this is something that is still missing in dayz!

Yes! THIS! Finally Something to show off how long you are surviving.  players take risks because there is only gear to loose. 

If beards will be added you can see if someone is living for a while (long beard) or if its a noob (no beard) this is something that is still missing in dayz!

I don't know what you are on, but take half. 

Good advice Ming the Merciless Sir, General Zod - I took another half as you advised, but due to a mistranslation (see the link in my last post) where  "1/2" was mistakenly reported as "one or two"

In fact I took 2 ... and 1/2 later (when they explained the error)

Neither General Zod nor Ming the Merciless,as far as I know, were emotionally  close to Krypton, even before it exploded (was that you?) so I expect you're not fluent. you DID claim to be a Kryptonian, though. I saw through your disguise, as always.

But I heard from a reliable chief torturer on one of our ships, that it was Zod's own suggestion that convinced Ming to flood the earth with Boys Bands in his first attempt to destroy human civilization. Thanks be to Crom that the Garage Bands managed to fight them off... Mercifully that's all in the past and -some of us- survived .. but what will happen next...  ???? ????

- who can ever forget:

" Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men ? - ZOD Knows.. "

in the meantime.. which is at least 2.5 times interesting than earth-average meantime ..

2w6cx1f.jpg

xx pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim

I don't think the Devs realise the importance of this mechanic: bump - because we need beards like Hamilton, New Zealand, needs penicillin.

lootable beards har har  !!

But yes and as long as we can have some butch ladies with top lip whiskers

I disapprove of the poll. Why not have the ability to select a beard on character creation and have it grow?

• Like 2

I disapprove of the poll. Why not have the ability to select a beard on character creation and have it grow?

???

Because you don't get to choose if it's there. You only choose to embrace it and let it grow. 

???

Because you don't get to choose if it's there. You only choose to embrace it and let it grow. 

I'm sure that not every male shaved his beard when the outbreak happened :D The way I see it, is why not combine the two? You could spawn with a short beard, and just let it grow if you want.

Personally I feel the benefit of this kind of system (aside from aesthetics) is the ability to tell how long another player has been alive based on beard length.

Im just sayin, my bears wont fall.off due to a zombie apocolypse. Its not realistic *grabs stomach* OOF MY IMMERSION XD

Seriously, let us choose beards that grow (no.mountain man beard, thats for skilled players. We have small beardettes) it would be immersion breaking if I cant have my beard.

Off topic, its also immersion breaking seeing Rockets face on the ingame movie poster and then seeing 2 Rocket faced players...

I thinks that select beard in the charater selection would be better than grow it and stuff , because you don't have the time for this , you just do it , and what ? 2 or 3 hours latter you're being killed and you lose your beard ? And don't forget the razors , useless and bulky stuff . If they add a growing beard i think it will be a useless add , better have this on character selection ...

That's my opinion , i'm not a pro player , I just want to have fun in game and sry for my english i'm french :p

I thinks that select beard in the charater selection would be better than grow it and stuff , because you don't have the time for this , you just do it , and what ? 2 or 3 hours latter you're being killed and you lose your beard ? And don't forget the razors , useless and bulky stuff . If they add a growing beard i think it will be a useless add , better have this on character selection ...

That's my opinion , i'm not a pro player , I just want to have fun in game and sry for my english i'm french :P

You casual

And razors are rather small, smaller than knifes. 

"You casual"

I just want to play DAYZ not Sims ...

Really because character facial hair select at the start is exactly what sims would have. 

Now beard growth over time is what DayZ would have. A true indication of ones survival skills. 

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 1

Really because character facial hair select at the start is exactly what sims would have. 

Now beard growth over time is what DayZ would have. A true indication of ones survival skills. 

You just understood what i said , adding growing bear is USELESS and just retard the developement and then no one will shave because it use time and place (razor) . Look what do you choose betwen a can of tuna and a razor ? (useless)

Shaving beards are useless in the game. Better make this confortable and add this on the character selection . (sry again for my english)

Edited by Poisson

You just understood what i said , adding growing bear is USELESS and just retard the developement and then no one will shave because it use time and place (razor) . Look what do you choose betwen a can of tuna and a razor ? 

Shaving beards are useless in the game. Better make this confortable and add this on the character selection . (sry again for my english)

Don't get mad, just because I proved that your post was wrong. There is more than enough inventory space so that you can fit in one slot razor. If you are out of space stop hoarding what ever it is that you are hoarding. 

Or simply play as a female. 

Don't get mad, just because I proved that your post was wrong. There is more than enough inventory space so that you can fit in one slot razor. If you are out of space stop hoarding what ever it is that you are hoarding. 

Or simply play as a female. 

I don't want to talk with you anymore , grow up a little bit , my argument isn't wrong. You just can't admit it and you don't have to call me a casual , i don't play a game that i don't have fun on it's again useless because i don't take pleasure . Nobody will shave, that's useless why waste my time on this ? Have a beard is just estetic and in a survival condition you don't care about you little stuff like hairs and beard .

I really don't care if my beard grow because I don't care how i look in DayZ all I care in DayZ is SURVIVAL because it's a SURVIVAL game not a "do my toilet every day" .

and if you want to make this more realistic why not adding shaving foam ???

"There is more than enough inventory space"

No because your character is always complaining about this stomach and i always need to feed him , and i also need ammo for my weapons , rags and medical stuff (like antibiotics , salines bags , starter iv) if I need to be healed , weapon cleaner if my weapon break in a fight or if I found a broken weapon , and a knife to gut annimals and ammo for my secondary weapon and then , you want to add in my inventory razors ? 

In MY inventory i'm complettly full because it's the minimal stuff to survive alone and never get hungry in one of the larges plains i cross.

Edited by Poisson

I would be ok with your idea, but would prefer it happen over time. But the more options the better. Currently our avatars look clean cut.....I think they should look rougher.

I think it would be cool to have you avatar physical signs of survival over time. Beards are one, you could ware it as a badge of honor. "See my long beard! This means I have survived for a month! Were yours!". Also physical signs of health too. If your sick, you shoud look sick. Body language and all. Gosh the way I see players play these days, It will look like a hobos and meth heads running around LOL....but it would fit the game.   

Edited by CJFlint

I don't want to talk with you anymore , grow up a little bit , my argument isn't wrong. You just can't admit it and you don't have to call me a casual , i don't play a game that i don't have fun on it's again useless because i don't take pleasure . Nobody will shave, that's useless why waste my time on this ? Have a beard is just estetic and in a survival condition you don't care about you little stuff like hairs and beard .

I really don't care if my beard grow because I don't care how i look in DayZ all I care in DayZ is SURVIVAL because it's a SURVIVAL game not a "do my toilet every day" .

and if you want to make this more realistic why not adding shaving foam ???

"There is more than enough inventory space"

No because your character is always complaining about this stomach and i always need to feed him , and i also need ammo for my weapons , rags and medical stuff (like antibiotics , salines bags , starter iv) if I need to be healed , weapon cleaner if my weapon break in a fight or if I found a broken weapon , and a knife to gut annimals and ammo for my secondary weapon and then , you want to add in my inventory razors ? 

In MY inventory i'm complettly full because it's the minimal stuff to survive alone and never get hungry in one of the larges plains i cross.

Oh poor you, you don't want to talk to me ? ...

You don't need more than 4 cans of food at the time. Or more than one canteen. 

You don't need 100 bullets for you mosin or 5 x 75 drum mags for your akm, nor do you need another 50 bullets for the handgun. 

You don't need more than 2 bandages. 

You don't need antibiotics at all, you can't get sick, so that's BS

Your weapon will get ruined, weapon cleaning kit is not gonna fix that, so that's BS

If you getting hungry all the time you're going something wrong, once you get energized it lasts very long time. So it seems you eat just to get rid of hungry status. 

All that on top of things like protector cases and first aid kits that take 4 slots but offer 6 increasing your storage by 50%

So yes you are hoarding shit if you don't have enough space. 

Take a look

Day_Z_23_10_2014_17_02_58_251.jpg

Day_Z_23_10_2014_17_03_05_261.jpg

And I'm not even wearing a gorka which offers way more slots than riders jacket or a mountain backpack which means I could have even more space. 

And yet I still have enough space and than some

3 guns with fuck tonne of ammo

2 full first aid kits

2 protector cases

and a change of jacket

I could get rid of 1 or 2 side arms and some 7.62 ammo and have enough space for all the food I'll ever need. 

So you grow up because nothing you said is true. 

God dam you guys are way off topic. Sound a couple 3rd graders. I got kicked off this forum for less then that. Serously. Dont piss off kichilron, or he put you on a tee and kick your ass right off the forums!

Now lets simmer down and get back to this ironic hipster beard idea.....emk....its a great idea :beans:

Edited by CJFlint

God dam you guys are way off topic. Sound a couple 3rd graders. I got kicked off this forum for less then that. Serously. Dont piss off kichilron, or he put you on a tee and kick your ass right off the forums!

Now lets simmer down and get back to this ironic hipster beard idea.....emk....its a great idea :beans:

This is might not be strictly on topic, but is related. In the end the guy claimed he doesn't have one slot for razor. I had to show him he's wrong. 

Yea I already had my break from forum by kichi. He'll pay for it when I take over the world. 

Edited by General Zod