Otis.Driftwood

What DayZ also needs to be even more realistic?

Sunglasses reducing the sunglare PLEEEEEEEEEEASE for the love of God.

I don't want them to just make me look sexy. I am a man of practicality!

• Like 1

I wonder if anyone ever thought about having to "evacuate" anytime while playing. I mean, we eat and drink alot :)

Plus you could fill a bottle with your urine and leave it somewhere as a prank ;)

• Like 2

Plus you could fill a bottle with your urine and leave it somewhere as a prank ;)

Glorious.

Improved weapon behavior. What we are having right now is SO FAR from realism. 

Edited by sYs
  • Like 1

Alpha.

Seriously these little reminders need to stop. we get it its all over the forums the game steam reddit  and anyother place you ppl go to gripe stfu and play the game already.

I'd like an encumberment system where inventory items have weight to them and carrying a lot of weight slows you down and/or increase the rate at which your energy/stamina decreases.  

I'm also looking forward to weather that can effect your gear/performance, like wetness, temperature, fog, etc. 

• Like 1

I agree with the running speed. Btw i just got jogging sneakers and i noticed that i was a lot faster. 

8) Climbing to a tree would be a nice addition too. 

Seriously these little reminders need to stop. we get it its all over the forums the game steam reddit  and anyother place you ppl go to gripe stfu and play the game already.

The reminders keep popping up all over the forum because people keep insisting on creating topics all over the forum bitching about the various and known bugs throughout the game like they shouldn't exist, whilst forgetting exactly what "early alpha" means and conveniently forgetting/ignoring all of the warnings to not buy the game if you're expecting a bug-free experience.

annoying-merovingian-431x300.jpg

Hello everyone, i hope that you will read what i have to suggest.

There are couple of things that i would add to DayZ. That way this game would be even more realistic as survival game.

So here we go:

1) Eating and drinking :

When someone has a gas mask (or Dallas or Wolf mask) on and he wants to eat or drink, it would be more realistic that he must remove the mask to make open room for mouth. That should be applied automaticly which means if would take more time for him to do that job.

2) Weather:

if you could add harsh snow and the town well is frozen you will need just to manage from house drops, or, drill a hole  with new item (let's say a manual driller) into a frozen lake. Then, when you collect water you have to heat it a bit because it's too cold to drink

3) Besides zombies maybe you could add another danger? Hungry Dogs? Wolves? 

4) How about forest fruit? Mushrooms? Different kinds of mushrooms for which you have to be careful is it edible, poisonous, or you have to boil it 1st.

5) Running:

I guess in real life you cant actually run 24/7. It would be great to add stamina bar, so when he reach it maximum the character needs to rest, to catch a breath....

These are some of my suggestions. Thank you for your time.

1) no. you could just lift your mask a littlebit to eat/drink. making an animation for it would be a waste of time

2) weathers, yes. water too cold to drink? wtf? it's only too cold to drink when it's frozen solid....

3) yes

4) not such a bad idea. food should be more rare to make hunting animals and collecting/boiling mushrooms worthwhile. why should i go hunting when i have my backpack full of beans?

5) no. atleast not until there's cars.

7) training animals? just... no. btw, where is number 6?

8) climbing trees? why? just... why? and why do they have to be Buckingham brand? lol.

Edited by komadose

I think he means that when it's very cold, it's not really healthy to drink chilled soda, but you rather make yourself coffee/tea

Maybe i skipped #6. Snap :(

Water is frozen solid on 0 and lower and you dont want to drink too cold water because it can give you some medical condition, read on last page. 

Why climbing? 1st, in late game maybe they will be horde of zombies so you can escape them, 2nd you can hide there to escape snipers, bandits, etc etc

Maybe i skipped #6. Snap :(

Water is frozen solid on 0 and lower and you dont want to drink too cold water because it can give you some medical condition, read on last page. 

Why climbing? 1st, in late game maybe they will be horde of zombies so you can escape them, 2nd you can hide there to escape snipers, bandits, etc etc

you would make yourself an easy target if you climb in to tree.... i would 100% rather go prone in a bush to hide from someone with a gun.

also, escaping zombies to a tree, great, but what next? you wait there until some other player comes to kill those zombies so that you can come back down again?

climbing to a tree = dead end

It's just like you climb a water tower, you can also be an easy target if they found higher ground so that would also be dead end. 

And about zombies : we dont know if they are drawn to the sound or smell or whatever. You can distract them like tossing a rock if you are in dead end. 

Climbing a tree is your option, and a risk.

Edited by Otis.Driftwood

swamps are ANKLE-DEEP exclusively! Haven't seen something like this before. My urgent suggestion make them deeper! at least waist or chest-high in the most areas. otherwise what else is the point in having these?

DhpxNR1l.jpg

hence my feature-request: http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=21047

Edited by joe_mcentire

also the food which is displayed as rotten in DayZ is food i would normally eat without many doubts.. rotten shall look like ROTTEN.

200px-Rotten_Banana.png?version=ba8e6d27 VS. rotten_banana_by_chelseastory-d5d0ntm.jp

Edited by joe_mcentire