Otis.Driftwood

What DayZ also needs to be even more realistic?

Hello everyone, i hope that you will read what i have to suggest.

There are couple of things that i would add to DayZ. That way this game would be even more realistic as survival game.

So here we go:

1) Eating and drinking :

When someone has a gas mask (or Dallas or Wolf mask) on and he wants to eat or drink, it would be more realistic that he must remove the mask to make open room for mouth. That should be applied automaticly which means if would take more time for him to do that job.

2) Weather:

if you could add harsh snow and the town well is frozen you will need just to manage from house drops, or, drill a hole  with new item (let's say a manual driller) into a frozen lake. Then, when you collect water you have to heat it a bit because it's too cold to drink

3) Besides zombies maybe you could add another danger? Hungry Dogs? Wolves? 

4) How about forest fruit? Mushrooms? Different kinds of mushrooms for which you have to be careful is it edible, poisonous, or you have to boil it 1st.

5) Running:

I guess in real life you cant actually run 24/7. It would be great to add stamina bar, so when he reach it maximum the character needs to rest, to catch a breath....

These are some of my suggestions. Thank you for your time.

• Like 2

Read this before you post anything on this thread, it goes over most of the things you were suggesting

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156129-confirmed-upcoming-features-for-dayz/

I've read that few days ago. My suggestions are not in that topic, not closely. 

Edited by Otis.Driftwood

It would be cool if I could pick mushrooms and feed it to my pet goat, then take his poop and clean my shrooms. then smoke them and see these colors and hallucinations of zombies and people.

I like the idea of forest resources such as the mushrooms. 

I like the idea of mushrooms too.

Some thoughts: some can kill you after a while, some can just make you sick, and some can...make hallucinate!

Hello everyone, i hope that you will read what i have to suggest.

There are couple of things that i would add to DayZ. That way this game would be even more realistic as survival game.

So here we go:

1) Eating and drinking :

When someone has a gas mask (or Dallas or Wolf mask) on and he wants to eat or drink, it would be more realistic that he must remove the mask to make open room for mouth. That should be applied automaticly which means if would take more time for him to do that job.

2) Weather:

if you could add harsh snow and the town well is frozen you will need just to manage from house drops, or, drill a hole  with new item (let's say a manual driller) into a frozen lake. Then, when you collect water you have to heat it a bit because it's too cold to drink

3) Besides zombies maybe you could add another danger? Hungry Dogs? Wolves? 

4) How about forest fruit? Mushrooms? Different kinds of mushrooms for which you have to be careful is it edible, poisonous, or you have to boil it 1st.

5) Running:

I guess in real life you cant actually run 24/7. It would be great to add stamina bar, so when he reach it maximum the character needs to rest, to catch a breath....

These are some of my suggestions. Thank you for your time.

You pass out if you run to long, lol.

One thing that i forgot 

7) Training animals into your favor: 

Wouldn't it be great if you can capture a dog, then train him so he can be your fellow companion or to capture a bird, like hawk for example to do scouting for you and to warn you if there are zombies or humans

DayZ really need more forest areas. Also more the dense forests. Alder groves, the spinney, the fallen trees. And some bogs, with cranberries, blackberries, lingonberries. To pass through a swamp, you need to find a hand drawn map in an abandoned hut near a swamp.

• Like 1

Can't drink water because it's too cold?!?

It can't be colder than 0 degrees Celsius otherwise it would be frozen.

Any warmer and it is basically fridge temperature 4 Degrees.

IDK if drinking a beverage from a fridge is bad for you :/ but it's favoured drink temperature for me.

Unless you mean ice, Eating Ice to hydrate yourself can give you ulcers and stuff.

How can you get water when it's below zero? Unless you drill a hole into a lake and then extract it somehow.

Also, i had one more idea. A megaphone. 

When you have a squard and someone is aproaching your "base" you announce your actions to them. That would be cool later on if they make craftable base

Also, i had one more idea. A megaphone. 

Along these lines, I had a thought about direct communication that might be interesting to implement, assuming the devs aren't already adding it. Whilst making my way through the trees near Solnichniy, I was keeping my eye out for bandits and newspawns, intending to protect the latter from the former if at all possible. I spotted a newspawn running about in the town and wanted to contact them, but was too far away for direct communication but didn't want to risk getting closer. This then gave me the idea of shouting.

Currently, direct communication is at one volume and over a fairly small distance. I think it would be cool to add an option to shout, which would just increase the volume of your transmitted voice and transmit it over a longer distance. The further you are away from the source, the greater the echo that is applied to it. The limit could be something like 100m and allow you to contact people over a greater distance. Obviously, anyone else in earshot would hear you so you'd have to use it carefully, but it could add an interesting dynamic to encounters.

That's even better suggestion than mine because shouting doesnt take slots in inventory while megaphone would. 

I saw a couple of walkie talkie and i never tried them i guess they work (or, will work) between 2 playes for a longer distance (2 km radius) 

One thing that i forgot 

7) Training animals into your favor: 

Wouldn't it be great if you can capture a dog, then train him so he can be your fellow companion or to capture a bird, like hawk for example to do scouting for you and to warn you if there are zombies or humans

How is this more realistic?

How would a bird be controlled, and how would it report its findings? Telepathy?

Just making some noise to alert that someone is near, nothing special, telepathic or supernatural.  If he doesnt make noise than the coast is clear, if he does make noise than someone is there (zombie or survival) 

Or, you can train a bird (hawk,eagle) to catch a rabbit or something small and to return it to you. Portion of that will go to him, portion to you, but never 100 % to you.

Edited by Otis.Driftwood

When he was talking about not being able to drink water I believe he was talking about the wells you can drink from. What he means is if they added frigged temperatures the water in the well pump would freeze locking the pump up. Maybe they could also make it where you could place a lit burner near a frozen pump to thaw it out.

I like the mask idea, I like the mask idea, in Misery you have to do the same thing. Something in misery they could do when they give the gas mask actual benefits, wearing a gasmask or other similar masks should limit your breathing to a point. So if you wore a mask a ran for a extended period of time it would make it more difficult.

I always like the idea of taming animals but the dog could help with defense and warning you, and the bird could be used for catching small game. They could have the bird actually attack something, or maybe just fly away and come back and a rat or rabbit is placed on the ground.(lol didn't see your post otis,I keep typing my post then later remember I didn't hit post lol)

I do hope they work with weather a lot, imagine sniping on a rooftop during a thunderstorm and suddenly your struck by lightning. Or waking up to find that stash you have has been covered in snow and is impossible to find.

Edited by Vector636

Yes i was thinking about that. Glad that someone understand my suggestions even when my English is not that good :) 

I think that we are asking just too much at the moment and i don't think that they will go that far because it needs a lot of work, a lot lot lot to make this game as far as realistic it can (could) be.

I would like weather change, sure. Imagine that get caught in heavy rain in the middle of a field and your clothes and bags are all wet and the chances for you to get sick from it, that would be awesome. Imagine winds and the sounds it produces when you're in the middle of a field, creepy. 

P.S. Waiting for Misery 2.1 so i could play cuz i have new config now :) 

Just making some noise to alert that someone is near, nothing special, telepathic or supernatural.  If he doesnt make noise than the coast is clear, if he does make noise than someone is there (zombie or survival) 

Or, you can train a bird (hawk,eagle) to catch a rabbit or something small and to return it to you. Portion of that will go to him, portion to you, but never 100 % to you.

How many hours would it take to train an animal to do any of this? It literally takes YEARS to train a falcon to hunt for you.

I could see how you could teach a dog a few tricks over time, but a bird? Not very realistic given the circumstances of an ongoing apocalypse. It all sounds like WoW pets to me.