Sign in to follow this  
CrocoDan

Best way to lose zombies that are chasing you?

Whats the best way to lose zombies that are running after you?

Run far away in a straight line?

Run in circles?

Hide in a house?

Run.

Running through houses used to slow them down in the mod, not sure if it does on here or not, I think it does though. So run through a house.

Make sure there's an exit first though.

Run fast, lose line of sight. They run slower after a while so you can even lose them in a straight line if you put your gun away and run faster than them.

In the hills, id do the run at an angle uphill thing so I could move faster, but it seems like since yesterday or the day before, it's harder to run at an angle with speed.  Maybe it's just me, maybe something was updated...

Running in a mostly straight line, but trying to get something in the line-of-sight between you and the Zed. If he loses sight of you for a little time, he will stop chasing you. House, bush, tree, geography, everything helps.

In the DayZ mod it also worked to walk up a steep hill, I haven't tried that yet in the Stand-Alone game, and it is also only something I would suggest to an ArmA veteran who can judge the slope and knows how to get up there fast.

Ninja'd x2! :rolleyes:

Edited by Rantanplan

I like to shoot them in their zombie faces.

• Like 3

Running through a house doesn't slow them down anymore like in the mod. They still track you pretty well. You have to out run them and make several turns after them losing site of you. I have still had them track me though even after doing that a couple times.

Also, doesn't it seem like their aggro range has increased? This morning I was running near Z-gorsk when I noticed a zombie running after something in the distance off to the side of me. I crouched down and watched and the damn thing had aggroed on me! Must have been 2-300 meters at least!

• Like 1

Distance is definitely better than loss of line of sight.  Both together work the best.

Just run as fast as you can in a straight line. They'll stop following you when you're about 400 meters ahead of them.

Raise your fist up and sprint it is slightly faster then running with them down.. Lose those zombies in not time and using the line of sight tactic works the best with sprinting. Like GpB311said I agreed it seems a lot harder to run up hill on an slight angel now I have a hard time doing it and when you do your almost not going up hill at all.

I think just run as fast as you can and never look back :)

If you run in circles you will attract more zombies

If you enter a house the zombie will go in after you and you might be trapped

1. Zombie sees you = runs towards you

Zombie lost sight of you = runs to last sighting position and looks around

Zombie doesnt see you = leaves you alone

Zombie sees you = chase continues ( back to step one )

the going through walls bit is a ball ache .. I will normally be mid loot, hear the zombie noise and be like god dammit now I must go to the street rather than try to have a buggy in house fight.

Fire figther axes = one hit zombie death, I've only ever encountered zombies as bunches of 3 roughly staggerd out .. so I don't bother with bullets for them just a quick axe boop! :D

I just had one chase me all over "Kamy", right after I spawned. I needed to get to the watering hole to fill up, so I gave it the slip up the hill, or so I thought!!!

Sat up the hill for around 3/4 minutes and crept back down to grab a drink. The bloody thing appeared out of nowhere and a classic "Benny Hill" chase ensued around the houses. All that was missing was the Benny Hill music.

In the end I had enough and made a stand, and run around it punching it to death. I took a hit, but it was quite pleasing :D

Don't run...just kill them. They aren't human anymore...

This! Just give'm a bopp over the head. Try to find a firemans axe or splitting axe, those oneshots zomblers! And if you have no weapons, it's still pretty easy to beat them to death. Punch'em a couple of times till they go down, and dont stop puncinhg, you can still whack them while they are tryiing to get up. You can usually take one out with 5 or 6 good punches.

Edited by Slite

Also if there is a building with a ladder you can climb the ladder the zombies cant

Whats the best way to lose zombies that are running after you?

Run far away in a straight line?

Run in circles?

Hide in a house?

Just run away from them.  If you're trying to loot a specific place or house, don't run towards that place.  Also, zombies currently clip through walls/houses/fences/geometry/etc. (alpha) so you can't really "hide" from them.

Well what I usually do if I had no weapon and a zombie is chasing me is I knock that zombie out then run behind building because we all know building are your best friends. (sometimes)

double tap W to run faster than regular run, dont have anything in your hands while performing the sprint