Sign in to follow this  
duckuality

Dayz VS Rust

Hey. So recently I made a quick video about dayz and rust and which one I thought was better. Well because my opinion has changed I made a new video and its a lot longer and more in depth about both but just remember the video is about stuff I know about the two games and its my opinion but I think both these games are great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rti5JnqI41o

Feel free to tell people which game you think is better but please respect each other in the thread because from experience people get a bit nasty when it comes to defending their favourite game.
Thanks for reading/watching guy. You're awesome and happy playing.

Edited by Barbicano
  • Like 1

Are you one of the Rust devs trying to drum up some more sales by implying the games are similar, Am sure Warz did the same thing to get more sales by leeching off Dayz success.

Dayz and Rust are completely different games.  (like chalk and cheese)

Would be like me saying warz & battlefield 4 what is the best...

Edited by anglo

Are you one of the Rust devs trying to drum up some more sales?

Did you watch the video?

I would say something but this is just a video add

• Like 2

This is a stupid topic, and if you are going to just add topics like these to the forums i advise you for a change of plan.

I play Rust, and i conclude that both games are different and it is unfair for them to be put up in a boxing match: Rocket has stated he has gotten inspiration from the game and i would hope the same for Rust, they both do not feel the same to me: but are equally enjoyable.

Inb4 yard.

• Like 1

I'd honestly say that DayZ is much better, Rust has many admin abusers which ban you from servers for no reason.

Hello there

Investigating....

Result: so far I see nothing untoward.

L

Edited by orlok
  • Like 1

There are parts of Rust I would like to see in DayZ and vice versa. I like how you are made to feel like you are living of the land and hiding in the hills, settling down in camps trying to conceal yourself as much as possible. In DayZ you are always on the move and often looking for a fight when your top priority should be avoiding attention at all costs (in my mind).

Maybe this happens in Rust later on as well, I'm still at the bottom of the food chain in that game. Kinda like the concept though and hopefully rocket steals a lot of inspiration from it. ;)

Edited by Terrorviktor

This is a stupid topic, and if you are going to just add topics like these to the forums i advise you for a change of plan.

I play Rust, and i conclude that both games are different and it is unfair for them to be put up in a boxing match: Rocket has stated he has gotten inspiration from the game and i would hope the same for Rust, they both do not feel the same to me: but are equally enjoyable.

Inb4 yard.

I agree, both games are quite different and even though both are in alpha stages I believe Rust has even more core changes to be made from here. Comparing the two isn't fair and doesn't even make much sense right now considering how different the games will most likely be down the road from now.

• Like 1

rust seems to have an faster gameplay than dayz. as my previous speakers said I'm of the same opinion that you can't compare them - they're really too different. both have their pros and cons but all in all people play what people want to play. I like both but prefer dayz more because it's not so fast.

Edited by duke0095

Hello there

My only comment would be that the two games are not comparable and as you say in your opening you are comparing as they came out at the same time and are both open world, IMHO that's not great grounds for a comparison.

A better reason would be that the misinformed masses are directly comparing them and so that's a decent reason.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

That's like comparing a car to a sumo wrestler. They both have a similar weight, but they're made out of FAR different materials. I hope.

Edited by The Aquatic Land Walrus
  • Like 1

We can still discuss it, can't we? There are aspects of Rust I would like in DayZ. Them both being open world survival games with some focus on crafting, resource gathering and zombies in them, in which you spawn in a random place with nothing to guide you, where every other player is a potential enemy (and most often is) make them somewhat similar games.

I see no reason not to discuss them both, and compare what you like/dislike and what the both games could borrow from each other? When did it become a competition to debunk a thread as quickly as possible? :P

Edited by Terrorviktor
  • Like 3

Nice video, I liked it. I wasn't aware rust had hackers.

I hardly see why we cant discuss them?  Lets say I had 30 dollars, and thats IT for my gaming budget this month or whatever. If I was going to purchase only ONE of them at this point whats the harm in this comparison when not everybody has all the money in the world for videogames? 

Just sayin', this could be of great use to somebody. And as both games are in the early stages, a good comparison might be needed to see which is a better choice at this point in time.

I hardly see why we cant discuss them?  Lets say I had 30 dollars, and thats IT for my gaming budget this month or whatever. If I was going to purchase only ONE of them at this point whats the harm in this comparison when not everybody has all the money in the world for videogames? 

Just sayin', this could be of great use to somebody. And as both games are in the early stages, a good comparison might be needed to see which is a better choice at this point in time.

Exactly. Why are people making such a massive deal about comparison. Yes some people may want to buy one of these games and want to know which one to buy. I was in this position and I bought rust because I had been informed that dayz was unplayable and yet I felt like I made the wrong choice and I wish someone told me that dayz is a fine game and I could have saved £15 i

Remember comparison between games happens all the time. Even if the games are unrelated which is not the case because these two games are simillar.

Here is a quote for you guys

''Garry Newman, the creator of the all-time bestselling Garry’s Mod, is hard at work at a new open-world game that, well, really looks a lot like DayZ ''

Edited by Barbicano

Rust:

Bad points:

Takes 20 seconds so create anything to build.

Good points:
Animations are BEST ever!

Dayz

Bad Points:

Animations STILL like the mod they need to get rust animations team.

You can chill behind tree and its like a fake wall

Walking up a hill you all most break a leg

Too much things just like the mod that is the SAME & never worked

Good points:

Intense 

Fun to play

So much to do then Rust

but really if it comes down to 1 game to buy? It will be Dayz all day long. but really both great great games.

Edited by Luke367
  • Like 1

Rust:

Bad points:

Takes 20 seconds so create anything to build.

Good points:

Animations are BEST ever!

Dayz

Bad Points:

Animations STILL like the mod they need to get rust animations team.

You can chill behind tree and its like a fake wall

Walking up a hill you all most break a leg

Too much things just like the mod that is the SAME & never worked

Good points:

Intense 

Fun to play

So much to do then Rust

but really if it comes down to 1 game to buy? It will be Dayz all day long. but really both great great games.

You have my beans!