Sign in to follow this  
ZedsDeadBaby

ZedsDeadBaby's Ideas & Suggestions

Not a thread for discussion; just a place to compile my idea and suggestion posts so I can put a link in my signature.

Thread: Player Identification and Classification System
Summary: A system allowing players to remember, recognize and categorize other survivors.
Why: Unlike the bandit skin, this system puts the power and responsibility in the hands of players instead of the game engine. Players must make their own visual identifications, and can make their own judgments about player behaviors.

Thread: Squad Identification

Summary: Give players more options for uniquely identifying visual accessories: armbands, headbands, facepaint, masks, etc.

Why: Quick visual identification of allies and friendlies in high-pressure situations.

Thread: Rivers, Canals, Bridges: Survival Resource, Transport Medium, Natural Chokepoints
Summary: Suggestion for addition of rivers, canals or waterways to Chernarus+ map for Standalone.

Why: Bridges create natural focal points for player encounters and interaction; variety of vehicles and transport options go way up; fishing could eventually be added to the game.

ThreadFog, Weather and Building States: Visual Variety & Disorientation

Summary: Suggestion for enhanced weather effects, seasonal changes and building decay.

Why: Dramatically increase visual variety in the game; make it more difficult for veteran players to get and keep their bearings when exploring the wilderness and towns of Chernarus.

Thread: Enhancing Fall Damage: Leg Injuries & Treatments

Summary: Enhanced fall damage system with scaling injuries based on height of fall and a variety of healing requirements.

Why: Fall damage in the game at the moment is simplistic and uninteresting.

Thread: Loot: Mysterious and Unpredictable

Summary: Suggestions for loot spawn and re-spawn mechanics in order to keep players guessing about loot and reduce the repetitive feeling of "loot farming." Also, ideas about random loot events such as helicopter crash sites.

Why: Loot acquisition should feel more mysterious and unpredictable, as well as requiring more travel and exploration.

Thread: Survivor Stories: Authentic Leader Boards

Summary: A huge variety of leader boards upon which players may be ranked after dying.

Why: Primarily as a motivation to survive longer. Also to build memories of past lives and share experiences and accomplishments with other survivors.

ThreadEnd Spawn Suicide
Summary: Players must survive for at least three hours in order to be assigned a new spawn point. Otherwise, they spawn in the same location.

Why: Suicide should be a last resort, not something people do to "choose" their spawn location.

My old ideas & suggestions from the mod days.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby