Sign in to follow this  
uscg_cox

Describe your first kill

WE did this on our clan forum, lets try here too.

MUST be at least 100 characters long. (Please assist in keeping this clean mods)

----

It was late in the day...

Heavy breathing. I felt as though I had been running for hours, My breaths so loud I'm positive I can be heard from my position in the woods just north of Balota.
Over Vent I can hear my comrades say "Contact, Contact, Contact !"

"Where?" - I shout, not moving a muscle from my concealed location in a small bush.
I scope into my Pristine ACOG m4 recently looted and full of ammo with A bandits name scribbled on the first bullet.

"Three-Oh-Clock, Behind Tent City" - yelled my comrade

SHOTS. I listened carefully to count them. Three. Four. Five. Six.

"I'm down"
"Me Too" - They Groaned

Pained by their abrupt departure from this life I began to sweat, VOWING not to be his next victim.

"Do we have a LKL?" (Last Known Location)
"Negative"
Radio Silence

I listen carefully and hear the ever distinctive sound of a soda can pop open and be guzzled down with a carefree "Ahh".

Determined to keep my element of surprise I remain hidden until I see him, the Bandit, the Slayer of my comrades.
He climbs to the top of the ACT undoubtedly to scout out more unsuspecting prey. Little does he know, a larger more prepared fish has already marked him for death.

I Scope in again, the Glare is in my sight and its beyond difficult to get a clean shot. I Decided its now or never as he stands up from a prone position.
I Fire. 3 Times. Each time hoping if the previous didn't kill him the next would.

He drops. Reveled with the sense of Joy and victory I confirm with my comrades that I have slain their attacker by describing his backpack and unmistakable purple shirt.

Just then it hits me, As though the reality of the situation was delayed by the unmistakable flow of adrenaline.
I've killed him, this was my first kill.

Edited by TwistedOrder

NOTE THIS IS A CLAN MEMBERS KILL: NOT MINE.

----------------------------------

We were standing in the streets of Elektrozavodsk with the cool air whipping around our ears; our ballistic helmets not offering any real shelter from the brisk Chernarusian autumn winds. The group had been halved by an earlier ambush and we had decided to wait for reinforcements and tend to our wounds.

He seemed to appear out of thin air--a man in jeans and a t-shirt sprinting through the deserted streets that had once been teeming with life. He had to have been freezing. The group swiveled and trained their guns on him, but that did not deter him. From a distance you could hear him trying to communicate.

"Friend? Friend? Friend?"

We were still jumpy from the earlier ambush and were taking no chances this time.

"Get on the ground!" one of us shouted.

He got down on his knees. We weren't taking any chances but he didn't stop asking for friendship as we cuffed him. It was a sad sight to witness because in another time we actually could have been friends. Hell, in another time most of us wouldn't have ever been here. We'd be living simple lives of carpenters, mechanics, teachers, and so on. The list of "could have been's" could go on forever, but after the outbreak, all of those futures were gone. All that was taken from us. Survival was our job now.

"Can I be in your clan?" he asked insistently, though we could barely hear him over the loud discussion taking place over what to do with him. None of us wanted to stay where we were. We were sitting ducks in the bleak streets of Elektrozavodsk with little cover and with quite a distance between us and our support. A decision was finally reached.

With shaky hands I walked over to the man with my M4 in hand. I put the muzzle to his head.

"Friend?"

The suppressor made for a quiet death, but it didn't stop us all from flinching. I still don't know if it was just a reaction to the sound or a small part of our souls leaving our bodies that made us jump. I do know what our job is now: to survive.

Unfortunately, to do so means others won't.

A player ran up to me, I thought she was a zombie, I killed her.

Are you ok? do you need counseling? we are here and we care.

• Like 2

I'm friendly, most of the time.

I'm running in the bush near Berezino with my magnum drawn, and my guy is claiming that he is about to throw up. I've lost some blood and I see what i think is a Zombie near a barn, we are both in a field by now behind it. It suddenly starts running straight towards me, at one point it occurs to me that this zombie, being at least 75m out is agroing a bit far from me but i dismiss it. I stop and think "I will try my mosin on this." and go about getting it out. Now my mosin has a PU scope on it so it was easy to line up center mass on the black silhouette but i know that it is set to 100 so i instinctively aim at crotch level. I pull the trigger, wait for my connection to catch up (ping is 800 on a good day) and see the silhouette fall. I lower my rifle, noting that i hit dead center and suddenly the body goes to crouch. I put my mosin away and pull my magnum and jog up to the "Zombie". I find out that the 7.62 bullet had hit a female but they were not dead. I knew i had the gear to patch them up and send them on their way but my mind goes to the magnum in hand. I utter through my mike "Sorry mate, I thought you were a zombie" as i line up with their head. I pull the trigger, watch the recoil settle and then the bullet hit. they slump into a fetal position and i check their gear. Nothing on them but the basics.

Later on, after i have reloaded my guns i come across ammo for my 357 in Nihnznoy and several melee weapons including two axes and realize that the person i had just shot was heading straight for Berezino, possibly the Shipwreck and NEAF. They hadn't bothered to pick up anything on a newly restarted server and everything was untouched in the town. I can only conclude that this female was a KOSer as there would be no reason to pass over all those buildings and weapons if they were a survivor, a friendly so to speak, then they would have some decent stuff already. If they had had an axe on their back i wouldn't have taken the shot as i would have noticed it. Also running unarmed looks far too much like a zombie running when all you see is a silhoette and what sane survivor, that wasn't trying to KO me, would do that. I suddenly feel no remorse, I did the right thing in my eyes.

I was later knocked out by a zombie but the TMW guys were awesome and patched me up.

Edited by Dchil

Was looting a church (think it was in pavlovo) when a guy with an axe ran in and started swinging at my friend, so i shot him.

I don't exactly remember my first time but it felt great.

Some dude re-logged on top of the hospital i was looting and he was in fully military gear with a scoped mosin, i shot him to death and looted him as well.

• Like 1

After a long trek all the way from the NWAF to the east coast in search of a friend, I ran into a small town right by the water.  Hungry, I decided to search the houses for loot.

Upon finding a can of beans, I ran outside of the home to find a cozy spot to perch and take a few bites.  I popped open my can of beans and began to scarf it down in a starving frenzy.  

Just then, I heard a scream.  Not a human scream that would indicate that someone was in trouble, but the gurgling scream of a Zed.  Just then, two zombies burst through the brush and began to assault me.  

I pulled my trusty axe from it's resting place and began to go to work like a lumberjack.  I chopped one, followed by the other.  

As the second zed fell, I noticed that I was being punched in the back of my head.  I turned to see a live human, assaulting me.  Delivering blow by blow attempting to score the knock out.

Unslinging my M4, he quickly realized the error of his ways and took off running.  He was no match for my accuracy however, and I gunned him down.

Pretty lame for a first kill, but I couldn't let that action go unpunished.  I wish I had a more glorious story to share -_-

• Like 3

Balota, night..no gamma, no brightness.

Having a merry old look around for some water to quench my ridiculous thirst when i turned and saw Rocky Marciano was coming at me fists up. I say dear chap, slow up wot ? He declined the art of english and instead let his knuckles do the talking. I clenched my firm tight buttocks even tighter and hightailed it out the door jolly smartly i can tell you, the swish of his manly blows in my ears as i sidestepped gallantly past his uncouth brutalness. We proceeded to circle each other outside, all the time me trying to calm his rage with soothing phrases such as 'come on dear fellow, let's have a spot of beans' and 'don't be so put out , it is only an apocalypse my fine man, now is the time to rise to the fore !'. His blank expression assured me i was dealing with a homicidal maniac so dodging another sloppy uppercut i swiftly pulled the fire extinguisher of my back and plonked him one on the head. Down he went the big brute. Killed him with one blow. Rather rude but what was one to do ? I grabbed a happy snap for the olds, dusted off my bruised jaw and continued my search for water. Cheerio.

2rnegz5.jpg

• Like 8

My friend walked in front of my axe when we were being assaulted by zombies.

• Like 1

Chernogorsk. Ran with a fellow recruit to meet up with a squad at a hospital in the old area. On our way we came by the (military) police building, doors closed, right after server restart.

It was tempting to check in on that as it was right on the way. So we decided to head for it. About 60 m before I began joking because I witnessed a similar situation as lone player before, being shot at when entering an apparently untouched and closed building. "Oh boy, inb4 we get shot at" and "I have a bad feeling". My comrade was a bit eager or simply faster, so he was the first at the door and opened it.

Within miliseconds I could just see him shoot and also get shot at, not sure who fired first. He then collapsed, dead. I just stood there for a moment before I just engaged. I raised the M4 and entered, attempting to secure and terminate. He was right around the corner with a mosin as I moved towards it. For some reason he didn't hid me and I turned him into swiss cheese. Very interesting moment. I then moved on because I saw even more people appear from the back, certainly server hoppers or similar. Well, that's what people get for not just checking on those buildings but logging right into them.

The 2-3 kills after that were more interesting however. We got ambushed by a squad in the same area. It turned into a heated battle where we exchanged fire and moved a bit around. We lost more and more people, one to glitches. Two of us were left on the hospital roof, another member ran around somewhere. They cornered us up there and killed my pal, leaving me there. Alone. Then they began talking shit, saying something about drinking the blood of our people that just got wiped. They were being cocky, stupid. And then embarassed themselves after that shit show they pulled off, because the last guy alive in the area (me) wiped their hole squad when they got too greedy.

T'was better, imo.

Edited by Combine
  • Like 1

I am always friendly. I was looting the hospital, doors closed. I open the middle door on the bottom floor and see a guy coming up to the window behind the hospital, he has a mosin, he brings it up to aim, I run out of the room. BOOM! I keep running and hide out in the city for a few minutes. Then I circle around and check out the hospital, no sign. Using the back alley's I make my way toward the firehouse. I figure he will be trying to loot there. Go to a third story window and sure as shit he is on the roof of the firehouse creeping around. I take aim with the Mosin and BAM! down he goes.

Balota airfield.

Me and my little brother were playing, running around in the first or second day of playing the game. We didn't know anything about anything, so we were happily standing around Balota airfield without a care in the world. I go to check one of the barracks, and as I enter the door, right in front of me there's just a guy standing in the hallway looking at me. With a military helmet, combat vest, camo clothing, and a clown mask. M4 and fire axe on the back.

I only had a fire axe, and so did my brother.

So I was like "Shit, there's a dude!" and drew my axe and started backing out, he drew his and started chasing me. So I ran out and got hit once in the back, I bolted to the left of the barracks and ran around them to come up right back at the door, basically just doing a lap around the building, all the while yelling at my brother that "THERE'S A GUY, HELP! GET YOUR AXE!"

When I come around to the entrance again, my brother is waiting around the corner with his axe drawn, I bolt past him, and as the other guy follows me my brother lands a blow on him, he falls down for some reason, maybe he got hit in the legs, and both of us just run up and start chopping away at him lying there on the ground.

We tried looting him, he had a bunch of ammo and stuff for his M4, but he quit immediately so his body sunk into the ground. Such a sore loser.

I found my first gun with 3 bullet, never used a weapon before.

When I saw a  stranger I killed him to try my weapon.

Heard the guy talking over VOP. I was startled, but I responded asking what was wrong. He explained how hungry he was and how close to passing out he was, and just as he said it he fell unconscious. Still able to speak, he told me to finish him off (non-sexually) and take his loot, but I refused, and was adamant I'd find the necessary supplies to keep him alive, so I ran to the hospital, creeping away from the wandering people so I could avoid combat. I checked the hospital and it turned out it was empty, so I rushed back to the school/office to tell my new found friend, and he was nearly gone. He requested that I kill him, so he can die as peacefully as possible, so I swing my bat and his life ends swiftly, while I'm still able to hear his parting words... "thank you."

7BUZcdk.jpg

IT'S DEEP, MAN. I need counseling. It's hit a nerve.

Edited by Mays
  • Like 2

fresh spawn came charging at me with an axe. killed him.

My first big experience of SA;

Spawned SW of Balota, made my way to the camp just south of the airstrip and proceeded to check the tents (there's lots of them now!). Found all sorts, came out with plenty of gear and a selection of optics for the M4 and 3 mags !! Was well chuffed. 

Stalked across the East tip of the airstrip and was going to head North when I heard shots to my left. I stopped to take cover and saw two players further down the strip running towards the hangars. Decided to leave them to it and turn North but before I did I spotted someone else, in the bushes, running my direction with a military outfit and M4...

I waited, he approached, I took cover behind a tree thinking he might not have seen me. He kept running, closer, closer, in the end I lost my nerve and fired towards him. He returned fire immediately but then stopped. Unsure if I'd been hit or not, I backed off East and then circled N-NW a ways. 

After a tense wait I thought he must be dead or has legged it.

Went cautiously towards the scramble but as I approached so did two other players from North. I stopped and watched them - curiosity burning. I looped a little further W, and then came across the body of a player, completely looted naked. Thought to myself those two I just saw did this.

Ran back and what do you know? They're there across the other side of the strip - looting a corpse. Possibly the corpse of the guy I fired upon before!?

I lined up and shot one down where he knelt. His buddy was in a bush not far away. Firefight ensued and I must have taken a hit because my bloodied gear was ruined afterwards but I took that guy down too. 

Now I had 3 corpses to go loot and replace (hopefully) the broken kit I now had.

THEN whilst looting; 3 others, who seemed to all be strangers to each other, ran from different directions towards me! Maybe they thought I was a corpse as well because I was prone and still.

They all decided the middle of the airstrip was a great place for a melee - to my amusement. After one of them pulled a pistol and got the others down I scoped in on him and took him out as well. So many bodies now! I filled my boots. And my pockets and my jacket and my backpack. Lol. Happy.

Saw another player as I left the scene and told him where to find the corpses that still had a lot of gear on them.. 

Finally got the f**k out of there and headed North feeling like a pro - hoping to survive long enough to fix my wounds. Sadly it didn't last though, I fell down unconscious maybe a kilometre or two further North. Looking back now it might have paid me to use some antibiotics or alcohol tincture to help my wounds heal. But I didn't know that then. Fairly sure it was the wounds I'd sustained that finished me off. But every DayZ death is a learning experience! ;)

• Like 2

Cherno, east of the church. Looting the resturaunts for food..

When I finally find a 30slot backpack, I was amazed! I could finally stop being picky about what to keep or not.. I run across the road, to one of the older workshops, where an old friend of mine used to work. Wondering if he could still be alive.. Or walk around here somewhere, moaning and thursting for flesh, as every living being Ive met so far has been eager to get from me..

Then I suddenly hear a shot fired a few meters behind me! I could feel the air pressing against my chin as the bullet barely missed my head.

Instinctively, I bolt for the door into the workshop. I can hear the guy behind me laughing hysterically, as he fires more rounds, all of them hitting the wall in front of me.. as I run for my life.

I ran through the workshop and turn left, around the corner. And as I still hear the maniac laughing, I also hear that hes just about to leave the building.. Running carelessly after me, thinking Im easy pray.

I stopped, and pulled out my baseball bat. Thinking this is my only chance of survival.

I turned, fell on a knee.. Could feel the gravel dig its way into my knee, ignoring the pain and instead prepared for a mighty swing.

Just as he revealed himself, coming around the corner, I aim for his legs. I can hear bone crack, and even before he falls to the ground, Ive aimed another swing. 

This time I aim at his head. Hitting him once. Twice. And a third time. And again..

And not until I noticed the laughing had stopped, I stopped hitting him.

I stood up, the adrenaline level was enormous. My hands blooded and shaking.. I turn away from the aweful sight. And leave..

Another day of dayz.

I have been on low population server at night, standing near concrete wall near tents below Belota airfield, had mosin behind my back loaded with couple of rounds. Looked around to make sure nobody is around, so i alt-tab out of game to have a look on the map (since i have no previous experience with this game and mod, i just wanted to familiar myself with the surroundings) and when i get back in somebody was hitting me with an axe from the back, i panicked but started to run off. My hands was shaking like crazy as i run away, i see blood particles running down my body and i think to myself "you're f***". Using alt key i can see my opponent is still after me and he yells "run, run but you cannot hide". After running couple hundreds of meters when i made some distance i get myself together to pull my rifle into hands, turn and try to kill that bastard, but first shoot missed and he managed to get close to me about 5-6 meters but luckily my second shoot was fatal. So i go to his body to take his axe and make rags of his shirt to be able to bandage myself since i used mine before (zombie attacked me earlier). immediately after i looted his body i hear M4 shoots near me, the bastard must have had a buddy, so i managed to zig-zagged to nearby forest and hide behind some tree, but i could not determine where the other guy was. Then i bandage myself and light a cigarette to calm down. :D

Sorry in advance for any spelling or gramatical errors.

Brand new to the game. And I had already went through five or so deaths, mainly KoS and a exicution as a bambi. I had for the first time made it up to Green Mountain and looted a M4 and a mag. Yay i can finaly get some payback.. I didn't know in what direction to go but continued in the opposite of which i came from. I ended up in what i asume to be Zelenogorsk and started to look around in the houses for more lootz but it were all empty, After a while i heard a gun shot close by, followed by somone begging for there lives and i decided to check it out and see what was going on. I finaly got a visual and could hear the victim beg for his life while on his knees. He didn't seem to have much. He got exicuted there on the spot. And I felt sorry for him. I saw the bandits leave town into a forest and that's where I decided to follow them on a safe distance. I pretty mutch lost them once they passed the tree line and had to guess in what direction they went. I were certain they had gone a different direction when i came out the forest and hid by a tree in the tree line. Open field and a town about a kilometre away. I tried to make sure no one were close and were just about to go down into the town when a saw the company run out not more then 100 meter away from me heading for the same little town. My chest started to pump. I brought up my gun and took aim. Not having fired a single shot before, I opened fire pretty much missing every bullet i shot. They paniced in the open field and started to run , not back into the forest, not into town. They took a right turn and ran even closer to me !? Straight in the open field aiming for some bushes. They were now running parallel with me and this time I just couldn't miss. One of them fell to the ground while the other one tried to hide behind the bushes. Obviosly oblivious of from where the fire were coming from. I waited a little and took aim with a shaky hand . when i opened fire again i totally missed him and he managed to run and get out of my sight. i waited . proabobly 20 min or so for him to maybe come back and loot his friend. i decided to try and flank just incase he still were over there somwere but couldn't find him, nor the body I just had shot down. I decided to continue into the little town, looting my first house and finding some beans. Walking out and I heard a gun shot, my screen went black and it said YOU ARE DEAD. Then I thought - wow, this game is for me.

First kill was pretty funny:

Was in electro as a fresh spawn, only had a crowbar.

Heard sounds of shooting, so like a bambi I went to investigate. Found a dead body that was totally kitted out...was just about to loot this body for the M4 etc...when another totally kitted out player walks around the corner.

Uh oh...I think...

I wave, go prone and kinda hope that he just loots his kill and leaves...

Instead...he pulls out a fire extinguisher and starts waving it around like he wants to fight?

Hmm..okay..I'm game...so we start the "donnie dance"...where we circle each other flailing away at each other...and somehow I manage to knock him down...and then finish him off..

Wow...now i have 2 M4's and all the kit...after all the looting ..I'm just  soo happy ...first kill and now first gun!

As I'm finishing looting...another player comes around corner and waves....so I wave...he does the lean right and left...i lean right and left...hey this is fun!

What i didn't know is that he was distracting me....and his buddy run s up behind me and Fire axes me in the head.

First kill, first gun, murdered.

DayZ...its a blast.

I was standing in the Balota airfield, breathing in fresh cold air, suddenly, a stranger with a wrench and m4a1 walked past me, i took him as prisoner, hand cuffed him, he escaped he then handcuffed me, i quickly walked fast as i could and left the Server, this was when i first started, i spawned back in with my Magnum Revolver, shot him in the head, stole his gear and ran off.

My first kill went like this. I spawned in, within 1 min seen another player. I stated " Hey there" he started to hit me with his fist, so I did to and I won. Then I died cause I did not know WTF " I feel tired" meant lol.