ianaconda

Bicycle Suggestions/Discussion [Official]

Can you please add a simple vehicle like a bicycle, the new spawn spots are way to far from everything so a ride would help us teleport between spots faster
thanks

• Like 2

This is redicilious. I don't want to run 50 miles just to get to the other side of the map.

Can you please add a simple vehicle like a bicycle, the new spawn spots are way to far from everything so a ride would help us teleport between spots faster

thanks

Too far from everything? What do you mean by that? you have polana, gorka, dubrovka, krasnostav and NE airfield, all within a 3 hour run including a generous loot time. 

I hope the devs wait, this "I'm going to wait until vehicles are added into the game before exploring" attitude is dumb, and it needs to go. Not only because once vehicles are added into the game, it's not like they're going to be easy to find, repair, keep or even like they're going to be on the coast, it's because it's just a lazy excuse to continue playing balotafield 4.

Even when they are added, it's not going to be like on a private server with "spawn your own bike" or just "bikes are everywhere" there'd be like 4, on the whole server. You're gonna end up still having to run everywhere. Stop moaning about not getting spoonfed, get jogging.

They moved the spawns for a reason, go find out what that is.  

Edited by Capo
  • Like 7

Too far from everything? What do you mean by that? you have polana, gorka, dubrovka, krasnostav and NE airfield, all within a 3 hour run including a generous loot time. 

I hope the devs wait, this "I'm going to wait until vehicles are added into the game before exploring" attitude is dumb, and it needs to go. Not only because once vehicles are added into the game, it's not like they're going to be easy to find, repair, keep or even like they're going to be on the coast, it's because it's just a lazy excuse to continue playing balotafield 4.

Even when they are added, it's not going to be like on a private server with "spawn your own bike" or just "bikes are everywhere" there'd be like 4, on the whole server. You're gonna end up still having to run everywhere. Stop moaning about not getting spoonfed, get jogging.

Exactly.

My guess is he played the 999 vehicles servers with M4 SD Gl on spawning and DMRs in your backpacks.

And "teleporting" between places?

One of the biggest features of DayZ is the Giant map, which forces players to do more than simply walking 20m on spawning, dieing, respawning with their gear, and going back for more. IRL you can't "teleport" anywhere you want. You have to walk there.

Whats the point of a giant map if you get a car after spawning? 

DayZ is hardcore. Its NOT a PVP game (although currently thats all there is to do) so why don't you explorr a bit instead of crying becuase you can't spawn at Balota and get an M4 5 minutes later.

Don't like it? Try a Shooter.

• Like 5

But this is a PVP game. You can walk up to any player and kill him. Its a PVP game.

This is redicilious. I don't want to run 50 miles just to get to the other side of the map.

Dude so u play the wrong game.

We will have cars and everything then the time comes.

But this is a PVP game. You can walk up to any player and kill him. Its a PVP game.

Bandit spotted :P

• Like 1

I agree. You can't go wrong with a reasonable count of bicycles. It takes a long time to travel. So adding a bicycle could be a more interesting element to the game. I'd personally search for a bike before an m4. :) Don't have to have them spawn everywhere...a few near schools, libraries, churchs, bus stops, etc. It's a fantastic idea.

• Like 1

I'd like to see a wheelbarrow, walking speed, you'd have to push it around, but it'd allow you to carry loads of stuff.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

i mean in a few hours in a day i ran from kamyshovo to electro, electro to cherno, cherno to berezino, berezino to NEAF via the shipwreck, and in this time i did a lot of looting, met up with friends, got into a 6 person gun fight. honestly vehicles arent of my concern, i think we only need vehicles when basebuilding becomes a thing, and that will only become a thing if we get private hives

• Like 1

i mean in a few hours in a day i ran from kamyshovo to electro, electro to cherno, cherno to berezino, berezino to NEAF via the shipwreck, and in this time i did a lot of looting, met up with friends, got into a 6 person gun fight. honestly vehicles arent of my concern, i think we only need vehicles when basebuilding becomes a thing, and that will only become a thing if we get private hives

Private hives have no influence on base building at all.

I agree. You can't go wrong with a reasonable count of bicycles. It takes a long time to travel. So adding a bicycle could be a more interesting element to the game. I'd personally search for a bike before an m4.  :) Don't have to have them spawn everywhere...a few near schools, libraries, churchs, bus stops, etc. It's a fantastic idea.

few near schools, churshes, bus stops...? If you are lucky you might find one at a not too often visited spot when bicycles are put into the game.

Edited by Symon

You shouldn't have bought the game in Alpha state then. Everyone knew there were no vehicles at release, yet I keep seeing these posts by people who obviously can't read and who obviously don't understand that once they paid their money, they gave up the right to complain about what ISN'T implemented yet because there were warnings everywhere.

That is what's ridiculous.

Your fault, pipe down. Be patient / play mod.

• Like 1

+1 for hobo bicycles with dog carriers.

-So much room to carry your stuff

• Like 2

It's alpha so I'm not expecting anything atm, but having some method of transportation would be nice, if even just to get to friends. I've died a few times and spent most of my time playing trying to reach the people I play with, but I realize cars might make it too easy, so a bike is not a bad idea, imo.

Why you're so mad !? lol

its a game man

Why you're so mad !? lol

its a game man

i'm making an argument properly, because i don't want anyone to take your suggestion seriously, because it is an ignorant suggestion, that's all. It is a game, one that i want to turn out good.  

• Like 1

>:(

Dude so u play the wrong game.

We will have cars and everything then the time comes.

Bandit spotted :P

Not playing the wrong game, I know there will be vehicles.

LOL bicycles are the most common vehicle IN THE WORLD and don't require gas. I say add em, but add the need to refill tires and replace tires.

• Like 2

i think adding bycicles is a nice idea but they shouldnt be as fast as in the mod

As an avid bicycle rider myself. I can tell you wheels will definitely be a problem to keep from getting flats. I would say we would be dealing with bikes with permanent flats and a lot of rim-riding. Oh, and no oil will means those rusty bikes will squeak like a siren.

What's that noise echoing through the countryside? Me thinks someone is riding a bike!

~squeek-squeek-squeek-squeek-squeek-squeek. :D

Edited by McBonkhead

lol balotafield is the shit though  :P