Sign in to follow this  
AP_Norris

Mauser C96

C96   

188 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a C96 of any model included in the game?

• Yes, how could you not?
    • On the fence, possibly very late in development (bottom of weapon priority)
    • No, definitely not.
  2. 2. What sort of C96 model do you think would be appropriate.

• Original 7.63x25mm
    • The 9mm parabellum 'Red 9' version
    • Shanxi Type 17 .45 ACP 'Chinese copy'
    • 7.62×25mm to share ammo with Tokarev. (Just added)
    • Other, post in comments.
  3. 3. What sort of modifications would you like to see for the C96?

• Buttstock & Holster.
    • Attachable scope mount and scope.
    • Improvised bayonet (anything light and jabby as well as duct tape).
    • Improvised suppressor (oil filter and duct tape or bottles, cans and tubes stuffed with rags).
    • Other, explain in comments.
    • None.

The Mauser C96 is my favourite gun of all time.

I'll make this short because I want to leave what version of the gun is used up to discussion.

Red 9 in its lovely holster/ stock. -> http://m.imgur.com/a/aQUP8

Edited by AP_Norris
  • Like 11

Cool gun which doesn't fit the setting.

00yPQmJ.gif

Edited by -Gews-
  • Like 9

Cool gun which doesn't fit the setting.

It was used by the Germans during the 2. World War. And as far as I know, Germany invaded Russia. Maybe these guns from dead German soldiers have been sold and spread to the countries surrounding Russia.

Yes. I'm a very smart man.

I like the C96. It could be used as a sidearm :)

• Like 4

hello there

I want a "Red 9" version.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Well that firearm has been there but who say that in the Chernarus history Germany invaded Chernarussia? From what i see it must have been the Americans since you have a ton of M4, M14, Mk48 and DMRs. So it's only logical to see a ton of 1911s.

BTT: tbh a lot of firearms were spread over the entire globe but if you take the time into account when they were spread how many could have been left and how many are still in working condition? A lot of those trophies were kept in lockers or wherever asan "heirloom" and almost never taken out. And it doesn't automatically mean they have a stash of ammo with them and very old ammo goes really bad if unattended or stored in the wrong way. A workbuddy has a bucket of ammo for his AK stored abroad he said he has to clean the casings before he could think of using them due to the corrosion.

I would definitely like to see the stock (holster) and maybe even a scope mount.

But it could use 9mm x19 or 7.63x25mm.

The 9mm would have to be the red 9 with a visual red 9 on dat famous broom handle.

Well that firearm has been there but who say that in the Chernarus history Germany invaded Chernarussia? From what i see it must have been the Americans since you have a ton of M4, M14, Mk48 and DMRs. So it's only logical to see a ton of 1911s.

BTT: tbh a lot of firearms were spread over the entire globe but if you take the time into account when they were spread how many could have been left and how many are still in working condition? A lot of those trophies were kept in lockers or wherever asan "heirloom" and almost never taken out. And it doesn't automatically mean they have a stash of ammo with them and very old ammo goes really bad if unattended or stored in the wrong way. A workbuddy has a bucket of ammo for his AK stored abroad he said he has to clean the casings before he could think of using them due to the corrosion.

That's why a red 9 version would be great.

Uses 9mm

i would say it is a very improbable gun to find in such enviroment. a p-38 in 9mm would be more apropriate, and they are harder to break.

Yes,original C96 as extremely rare loot and ammo even more rare.

I remember big stash of StG 44's were found from Syria some time ago,why not C96's from Chernarus?  B)

• Like 1

"Eh, sure."

But most likely the 9mm parabellum variant, and possibly include other handguns that use the 9mm rounds (seing as it's the most used handgun ammuntion on the globe I believe?)

It makes perfect sense to the setting as well, seeing as loads of such weapons surely was dropped along the eastern front during WW2, and has surely been kept as family heirlooms.

They should however be rare imho, and seing as there is already 2 handguns in game, both of which are probably better, this is something that if it happens will be years down the line I hope.  Next weapon I am hoping for is a shotgun, since there is at least ammo for it in-game already.

And once a shotgun is introduced I hope they don't work on more weapons for the time being.  That would leave us with plenty of variety in weaponry already, and other things should take a much higher priority to fix and implement.

• Like 1

There is a M4 rifle in the game but no AK-47 HMMM.

It should be obvious that they haven't quite finished adding weapons yet...

I'm positive that we'll see at least one AK variant. The AK-74 was in the closed alpha, but was removed once they switched to the new system as the M4 and Mosin are the only ones that have been completed at this point.

• Like 3

makes sense that a few would have ended up in chernarus and would add to the game with the clip system. Should do high damage to balance the complicated reload in my opinion.

• Like 1

Norris is Obsessed...

If a Tokarev is added, it should be 7,63X25 but can use 7.62x25. would just be a cool little thing.

Just an FYI, Over 1 million were made in Germany between 1896-1937, and unknown numbers were made in Spain and China. They were used by the Russian military extensively, and the round was modified to become 7.62 Tokarev. They were used all over the world, from the world wars, Revolutions, and one of the latest uses, the 1979-89 Soviet invasion of Afghanistan and the later American Invasion. Hundereds of thousands were sold on the civilian market all over the world, mostly Europe.

Although no longer a common sight (In America, atleast) there are undoubtedly atleast 500,000 hidden in Desks and under beds around the world. 

I don't see why they wouldn't be in Chernarus.

• Like 2

If I was obsessed would I be going around spamming weapon topics and starting topics for a single gun?

I think not.

Hello there

Im obsessed about the Mauser.

Very fascinating weapon. Will it be in? who knows? But anything that inspires Han Solo's pistol is groovy.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 2

Well the Germans did have control of Czechoslovakia during WW2. DayZ's setting is in the Czech Republic. It would make sense if they added it.

• Like 1

"Eh, sure."

But most likely the 9mm parabellum variant, and possibly include other handguns that use the 9mm rounds (seing as it's the most used handgun ammuntion on the globe I believe?)

It makes perfect sense to the setting as well, seeing as loads of such weapons surely was dropped along the eastern front during WW2, and has surely been kept as family heirlooms.

They should however be rare imho, and seing as there is already 2 handguns in game, both of which are probably better, this is something that if it happens will be years down the line I hope.  Next weapon I am hoping for is a shotgun, since there is at least ammo for it in-game already.

And once a shotgun is introduced I hope they don't work on more weapons for the time being.  That would leave us with plenty of variety in weaponry already, and other things should take a much higher priority to fix and implement.

9mm rounds: Easy to find, lower recoil and kick than .45 ACP (which does has quite a kick) can hold more rounds, more accurate, and is very quiet.

Far from obsolete.  Although against players there would be better options like .45, this would be a good zombie killer gun, along with any .22LR.

• Like 2

I would definitely like the Red 9 version, unless as 'thedogfoodyayho' says we get a Takerov or other guns that match some of the rounds.

I think it is pretty likely we get a 9mm at some point though with its global popularity.

I would like to bring up attachments as well, the stock/ holster is a pretty definite yes for me.

But I have seen pictures of it with scopes and front grips with long barrels.

I have seen extended internal magazines.

Clips should definitely be included.

Any others, what do my fellow C96 fans think?

The Waffen SS used the C96 in small numbers during the second world war so I could see it being a rare item found in houses as bringbacks were common during all fronts. I'm all for rare items that aren't game breaking. In fact a small amout of WW2 surplus besides Mosin Nagants would be welcome.

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind finding incredibly rare loot boxes in those houses with the attics.

In the box could be some dusty old WW1/ 2 stuff cool Russian uniform and a Takerov.

Or German WW1 Uniform and C96 maybe a WW2 Uniform with a Luger.

MP40's, Mosins, Mauser 98k, Nazi Germany Badges/ Soviet stars and stuff.

A one man stockpile of awesome stuff.

I wouldn't mind finding incredibly rare loot boxes in those houses with the attics.

In the box could be some dusty old WW1/ 2 stuff cool Russian uniform and a Takerov.

Or German WW1 Uniform and C96 maybe a WW2 Uniform with a Luger.

MP40's, Mosins, Mauser 98k, Nazi Germany Badges/ Soviet stars and stuff.

A one man stockpile of awesome stuff.

Always wanted something like that. I found one in my late grandparents attic. Iron cross, a French helmet, my grandpa's Dress uniform, webbing/belt, and helmet, and a P38 magazine along with a few French coins. Kind of an odd osortment of stuff, but awsome none-the-less.

• Like 1