Sign in to follow this  
o_grande_rafael

Shooting precision and accuracy

Considering you are an average guy without any training on survival and military stuff the shooting precision is absurd.

you dont literaly find a gun and go shooting Zaitsev style. the acurracy should be way lower.

see: you are so poorly trained that you cant even open a can with a knife without spilling it all over. you dont know how to make fire without matches. you are a looser, but yet you grab the 1st gun that apears and BAM! Simo Haya is born.

this would be good in many ways more than realism. you would increase the length of weapon fights, incentive groups, ammunition consumption. and, most of all, make harder to bandits go around sniper-murdering and ruining the game of many fellow survivors. they would still be murders, but at least the survivors would have a tiny chance of evading or responding when the shooting starts...

• Like 6

Lower you say

3juJt8A.png?1

Hmmmm

• Like 8

In the case of bipods though, you are correct, everything is too accurate with bipods.

• Like 2

Good thoughts...not completely removing wiggling completely when using hold breath should do the job.

• Like 1

Lower you say

3juJt8A.png?1

Hmmmm

i dont know if you ever saw someone realy uniskilled shooting. i would say that 500m dispersion over only 50m... i think even me having quite a good training would be way wider than that in reall shootouts @ 50m...

i dont know if you ever saw someone realy uniskilled shooting. i would say that 500m dispersion over only 50m... i think even me having quite a good training would be way wider than that in reall shootouts @ 50m...

I dont think when firing a single shot with an M4 you will only hit your target with lets say a chance of 20/1.

Edit: on 50m ofc

Edited by Symon
  • Like 1

Why are we suggesting to reduce the capabilities of the gun? A gun doesn't become better or worse depending on the person who holds it. As a wise lady once said, "It's an inanimate fucking object."

Your ability to aim needs to be toned down and accuracy of firearms if anything needs to be buffed. (It is logical that a bipod would significantly increase your aiming.)

Even with a weapon that has perfect accuracy, it won't hit anything if you can't aim worth shit.

• Like 3

That is dispersion for a perfectly aimed shot.

In the game players aren't going to be perfect shots, especially in combat.

ARMA 2 may have been slightly too precise, but IMO DayZ has gone way too far in the other direction.

• Like 3

Randomness is pure BS in this kinda game(its ok by me, if its because the barrel is rooted), leave it for BF and the like. If you want to nerf shooting, increase weapon sway, ARMA 3 handles this well if you ask me. Maybe increase more when prone supported, but not much, it is very easy to shoot extremely precisely with a bipod irl (or a sand bag... or a bean bag/sock squeeze rest..)  If you are dropping shots on a stationary fig11, man sized target at 300m from a supported stance, there is something wrong with yer.

If you have no training in survival, or experience in survival, realistically, in this situation, you are already dead. Most people who have experience in these things, are hunters, and or military, ex military. Back in the day when i was in army, 7 out o the 10 guys in my section were hunters. The only part of my shooting id say that was greatly improved during service, from prior or after, was reaction/snap shooting. This is where a scout is gonna paste a civi in initial contact, he can put rounds through him at 100m in under a second without aiming. And the only way to get good at that, is by shit loads o practice. No other part of army shooting is superior to what a competent hunter is capable of. Or anyone who has spent any time at a range.

A trained soldiers strength in combat, is not from his shooting training. It comes from working together as a coherent unit, whether in pairs, fire teams, sections, platoon, company.

• Like 1

It is okay, If anything guns need to be more accurate.

Anybody IRL can sit there and if they aim their gun properly they will hit their target.

Full auto might be different but, It isn't often I fire any gun on dayZ full auto without the intention of being accurate.

Randomness is pure BS in this kinda game(its ok by me, if its because the barrel is rooted), leave it for BF and the like. If you want to nerf shooting, increase weapon sway, ARMA 3 handles this well if you ask me. Maybe increase more when prone supported, but not much, it is very easy to shoot extremely precisely with a bipod irl (or a sand bag... or a bean bag/sock squeeze rest..)  If you are dropping shots on a stationary fig11, man sized target at 300m from a supported stance, there is something wrong with yer.

If you have no training in survival, or experience in survival, realistically, in this situation, you are already dead. Most people who have experience in these things, are hunters, and or military, ex military. Back in the day when i was in army, 7 out o the 10 guys in my section were hunters. The only part of my shooting id say that was greatly improved during service, from prior or after, was reaction/snap shooting. This is where a scout is gonna paste a civi in initial contact, he can put rounds through him at 100m in under a second without aiming. And the only way to get good at that, is by shit loads o practice. No other part of army shooting is superior to what a competent hunter is capable of. Or anyone who has spent any time at a range.

A trained soldiers strength in combat, is not from his shooting training. It comes from working together as a coherent unit, whether in pairs, fire teams, sections, platoon, company.

man, i've been there. i am a 3rdSgt from brazilian air force. i know about the jungle and stuff. amazonic jungle. :D

what i say is the game simulates you have no experience in survival and you ARE untrained. Else you would know how to open a can and make fire with almost anything. you would know how to cook bark and grass and be happy :D

that is what the game is not adequate. or you are skilled or not. the way one shoots says he is trained. but the way one opens a can or navigates is newbiesh...

what i am asking is for the devs to be consistent: give me the survival skills of a good shooter and i stay out of towns and survive only in the jungle. Or keep everything nerfed down (which i believe is better) and lets have a lot of fun with groups weaponfighting to down bayonets... shooting only when you see the white in eyes of your enemy...

• Like 1

man, i've been there. i am a 3rdSgt from brazilian air force. i know about the jungle and stuff. amazonic jungle. :D

what i say is the game simulates you have no experience in survival and you ARE untrained. Else you would know how to open a can and make fire with almost anything. you would know how to cook bark and grass and be happy :D

that is what the game is not adequate. or you are skilled or not. the way one shoots says he is trained. but the way one opens a can or navigates is newbiesh...

what i am asking is for the devs to be consistent: give me the survival skills of a good shooter and i stay out of towns and survive only in the jungle. Or keep everything nerfed down (which i believe is better) and lets have a lot of fun with groups weaponfighting to down bayonets... shooting only when you see the white in eyes of your enemy...

WELL! I can shoot and kill a deer at 2 miles but hell if I know how to cook bark and grass and be happy... Aiming down the scope of a rifle has NOTHING to do with knowing how to do the rest of this stuff you're saying. Plus this is ALPHA, you're acting like this is the full game.

I get yah point, i disagree still, i vehemently oppose randomness in dayz, i dont play games that rely on random luck as a mechanic period... i was never a fan o dungeons and dragons <_<  And hate the thought o putting a dice roll into the shooting in this game.

WELL! I can shoot and kill a deer at 2 miles but hell if I know how to cook bark and grass and be happy... Aiming down the scope of a rifle has NOTHING to do with knowing how to do the rest of this stuff you're saying. Plus this is ALPHA, you're acting like this is the full game.

Im assuming he means, yah know which plants you can eat... say im from new zealand, and i know which plants i can get away with eating here (punga koru, supple jack fresh shoots, bracken nuts, nikau centres etc) and have a fair idea which ones will kill me.

I cant shoot a deer from 2 miles :(  im a fairly competent marksmen, but not that good :rolleyes: But true, marksmanship and survival skills arnt mutually inclusive or exclusive.  

• Like 1

if you shoot a dear from 4km with the first gun you find with standart and iffy ammunition and a scope that is not even colimated, man, you are Houdini, not Zaitsev

I get yah point, i disagree still, i vehemently oppose randomness in dayz, i dont play games that rely on random luck as a mechanic period... i was never a fan o dungeons and dragons <_<  And hate the thought o putting a dice roll into the shooting in this game.

Im assuming he means, yah know which plants you can eat... say im from new zealand, and i know which plants i can get away with eating here (punga koru, supple jack fresh shoots, bracken nuts, nikau centres etc) and have a fair idea which ones will kill me.

I cant shoot a deer from 2 miles :(  im a fairly competent marksmen, but not that good :rolleyes: But true, marksmanship and survival skills arnt mutually inclusive or exclusive.  

you got the point. i dont need a knife to peel and clean a rabbit. i dont need an opener to eat the guts of a tin can or matches to make fire. but the game forces me to do so. as i (was used to) shoot coke cans at 200m with irons in --> MY <-- HK33. The barrel was regularly inspect, trigger group oiled, sights tighned. ammunition charged by the guys (i usualy ddnt do that).

a gun that you find in a barn, or under rain, without the proper tools to put in maintenance, probably from WWII and used strike nails with the butt  will not shoot true. you have no oil to make the squeezer soft. man. it will be random. or if not random not true at least.

and, most of all: the character wouldnt even know what is wrong. he is das uber newbie :D

Im new so hear me out.

From this discussion I learned that bi-pods actually work for better accuracy...right?

So do ALL the attachments function correctly? Because the silencer doesn't muffle the gun sound at all.

Anyways Im taking about item condition. Does a gun have less accuracy if your using a badly damaged grip?

I know the scopes get busted when there damaged.

I was just thinking this is already in the game with item condition of attachments.

Plus Weapon descriptions seem to be broken, so I don't know if my M4 is pristine or damaged, or all they all the same? 

If so they could have levels of wear just like attachments do. So a damaged M$ shoots worse than a pristine.

Honestly I like it the way it is (or the way I think it is) now...All guns work the same but the condition of the attachments determine the accuracy/range.