stolenbanjos

Putting backpacks in hand - Looting in "safety"

Looting dead players is dangerous, as it should be. What if you could grab someone's backpack in hand and take it to a safer place? It would take the edge off looting and sorting your gear at the "scene of the crime" and would be a realistic decision to increase your odds of survival. Sorry, I didn't play the mod and am not sure if this is planned, couldn't find it posted.

edit: also, stashing friends' packs if they die

Edited by stolenbanjos
  • Like 39

i like it, hopefully all items will be able to be held in hand eventually.

• Like 2

I like it. Haven't seen this mentioned yet either. Definately a good idea.

You're also at a greater risk while carrying it so there's still a bit of worry to be had. ;)

I like it. Haven't seen this mentioned yet either. Definately a good idea.

You're also at a greater risk while carrying it so there's still a bit of worry to be had. ;)

Yes! You put your weapon up to hold the pack  - you can loot armed, or scurry off unarmed - you are vulnerable either way.

I fully support this idea!  This would be great and would actually contribute to the realism of the game.  This thread needs to get exposure.  It may not happen for a long time, but it is very deserving of being up for consideration at the very least.

I like this idea as well, would even be good if you subdue a character and pull their bag off and run for it.

• Like 2

I like it. It would also be nicely balanced considering if you grab only the players backpack you would not have access to there weapons/items stored in shirt, pants, or vest.

Bumping - "Dead character cleanup performed at 10 minutes past death" news in upcoming patch

you should, ofc, move a lot slower. good idea.

Why would one "OFC" move a lot slower?! That is a ridiculous thing to say.. I mean. Stating that this is the obvious and there could be no other way for it to work... what if the backpacks empty? Do YOU run slower when carrying an empty backpack?

Edited by GafMast

Would love to see this idea, or even the ability to throw stuff from corpses directly on the ground so it doesn't disappear so i can loot after I've cleared the area.

Great idea!  :beans:

Something I'd like to see but I doubt that will ever be implemented is using bodies as human shields!

• Like 1

I don't often loot my kills, as I'm generally doing it for the lulz...

But when I do.. I drop my own pack somewhere safe, run to the corpse, grab the pack off them, and make for cover.  

Then I can move back to my original spot, take what I need, grab my gear, and go.

this is a great idea! and I would also like to be able to drag bodies... unconcious or dead...

• Like 1

Great idea. Simple and original. The only similar thing I know of that has been suggested is carrying duffel bags (or large objects like ammo crates) in your hands for extra loot carrying capacity.

Looting dead players is dangerous, as it should be. What if you could grab someone's backpack in hand and take it to a safer place? It would take the edge off looting and sorting your gear at the "scene of the crime" and would be a realistic decision to increase your odds of survival. Sorry, I didn't play the mod and am not sure if this is planned, couldn't find it posted.

edit: also, stashing friends' packs if they die

You already can carry a backpack. All you have to do is leave your own behind somewhere safe, before you go banditing. That way you can pick up your victims' backpack and take it with you. Problem solved!