Sign in to follow this  
dobrowney

Like to See Squad.xml Added

Like in Dayz Mod, Arma, Arma 2 and Arma 3 they have a system called Squadxml. I would like to see this added to dayz. This gives you a way to added Clan Logos to the player clothing that is setup for the Squadxml. The Dayz Dev team could allow the logos to be placed anywhere on the body, guns or any other items in your players gear.. Even on the players Cars and Helis Doors. 

below is some Examples of it in Arma 

kMcGRBE.jpg

arma2.png

arma32013-04-0115-12-44-863_zpsede95eba.

• Like 26

words cannot describe how much i support this request.

• Like 1

You think in real life you would not have groups of poeple that would team up. and not make Badges that would show off what group they are with .. This has nothing to do with COD.. This Shit is real life Bro.. 

• Like 4

how is customization a sign of immature bahaviour - and how does that relate to CoD in any way? as a medic, i want to be able to wear the medic insignia for everyone to see. its part of the immersion.

historically, even in the most dire, lawless environments, groups of people have created insignia and logos to share a common identity or ideal, from the war paints of indigenous tribes, through the jolly roger flags of pirates to the street gang signs of modern urban landscapes

• Like 6

how is customization a sign of immature bahaviour - and how does that relate to CoD in any way? as a medic, i want to be able to wear the medic insignia for everyone to see. its part of the immersion.

historically, even in the most dire, lawless environments, groups of people have created insignia and logos to share a common identity or ideal, from the war paints of indigenous tribes, through the jolly roger flags of pirates to the street gang signs of modern urban landscapes

IF the devs want to implement different patches you can find to sew on your clothing then fine. Hell, that would be a great idea actually.

The problem is customizable stuff that you put on outside of the game. I don't really want to run around and see a car drive by me with a giant pink dick painted on it. 

EDIT - that's the reason why Rocket is hesitant about adding spray paint to the game by the way. 

Edited by serenityrick

Yes, all my love for this. The lack of a squad.xml was one of the things that bugged me most in the SA

IF the devs want to implement different patches you can find to sew on your clothing then fine. Hell, that would be a great idea actually.

The problem is customizable stuff that you put on outside of the game. I don't really want to run around and see a car drive by me with a giant pink dick painted on it. 

EDIT - that's the reason why Rocket is hesitant about adding spray paint to the game by the way. 

If a player wishs to run around with a pink dick on the side of his car .. Let him. Who cares really. You are playing an 18+ Mature Horror game here.. If you are that sensitive about graphical content .. maybe playing a Horror game is not for you.. That is like saying you love Horror movies but find the content in the movie offensive.

Edited by Dobrowney

If a player wishs to run around with a pink dick on the side of his car .. Let him. Who cares really. You are playing an 18+ Mature Horror game here.. If you are that sensitive about graphical content .. maybe playing a Horror game is not for you.. That is like saying you love Horror movies but find the content in the movie offensive.

That's a stupid comparison, dude. 

Just because things can be implemented doesn't mean they should. Fully customizable vehicle plates and clothing "patches" is one of those things. Again, if you come across some needle and thread and find a cool patch, you should be able to put it on yourself. Or maybe some stensils + spray paint means you can customize a vehicle.. At least that FITS IN WITH THE GAME WORLD.

arbitrarily being able to "set" stickers makes no sense. The fact that it would "be cool" is not a good reason for implementation. 

Hmmmm....on the fence. I like the idea of having something on vehicles and players. But the lore has to stay. No "spray" style stuff. I prefer the idea of them being ingame items that you find. Just like serenity said, find patches, then a sewing kit. Stencils, duct tape and spray paint to do something on a car. 

Gives something else to do when your bored at camp. Also had a great little idea of sneeking into an enemy camp and respraying all there logos lol. We used to do pranks like that on my old private hive. Once while they were offline me an the guys moved all 12 admin vehicles to the opposite corner of the map....then held them for ransom :D

• Like 1

I agree with some of the other posters here.

1. If this was real life and people were grouped up, then I'm sure at some point they would think of something (i.e. a red bandana or scarf tied around the arm) to identify themselves as a group.

2. For the people who think this defeats the purpose, or is too similar to COD or something, the devs could implement a server option that can be turned on or off.

Either way at this point in the game there are more important issues atm such as stability and the implementation of more core content such as the ones specifically stated by rocket, more zombies, cooking, multithreaded servers, shelters and stashing loot etc... I am sure this will be looked at though.

Edited by Egoballer06

Custom content always ends in x rated material/rocket cocks. (no pun intended) - I'm not offended by such things (had great fun scrawling them on classmate's homework 15-20 years ago :D ) - but they do take you out of the immersion.

I like the idea of medic badges since it's a very simple geometric shape that can be painted or stitched onto almost anything without too much effort or resources required as well as be found in pre-existing forms on medical clothing and vehicles. The idea of completely personalised detail for your squad makes me wonder where they got them all made, or who spent the time stitching all the little fabric pieces together.

So I'd argue for a middle ground, give us some basic geometric shapes and a simple editor (something similar to Eve's corporation/alliance badge creator but less intricate designs and more basic building blocks), make us require the right coloured paint/material for each part and allow people to craft their own in game.

• Like 2

Not a fan.

We're supposed to be survivors... not XTREME CoD kiddies trying to show off.

raging on CoD kiddies in a CoD-like game

• Like 1

This would be very vital. Enough reasons were given, there are groups or individuals out there that would benefit greatly from this.

If you really fear abuse, one could consider some sort of "report system" perhaps. Or having to get patches "allowed" first, or, you know, SOME sort of compromise.

There are many custom groups so it's apparently not so vial for the devs to implement a shitload of different patches / plates (as random loot? wut?) either. It's kind of shitty to deny groups or certain individuals (medics, etc.) this big benefit just because SOMEONE could use a pink (cartoon?) penis.

I'd say the demand outweighs the potential "abuse".

Edited by Combine
  • Like 1

put offensive content rules into the eula, hand out suspensions for breaking, and drawing dicks and swastikas will surely be reduced to a minimum.

but i agree on the "realism" thing - we dont have color printers at hand in the apocalypse, so we should be limited to stitching crude shapes upon finding the required materials. +1

Well, this depends. There are certain player groups around who'd have that stuff from an RP POV.

But it's a good idea. Put it in the rules and maybe add a disclaimer to the ingame section where you can add / select your (squad) logo.

Another important part of the squad.xml is to prevent impersonating members of clans and squads. People with a squad.xml get a tag next to their name, which distinguishes them from those who might copy their name to attempt impersonating them. We've used this countless times in the past to prevent infiltration in our group.

• Like 2

I don't see how people can say this takes away the immersion of the game.  Go to the ghetto, you'll see plenty of "colors and symbols" representing what groups they may belong to.  I've always tried to get it through peoples heads this isn't ARMA and that you don't spawn in as a soldier or elite warrior you are a survivor.  Who knows what your previous job was.  A school teacher?  A night manager at Burger King?  Any retard could figure out that when in a group of non military people who don't have the luxury of a uniform to tell who is who, will come up with a system so joe schmo doesn't shoot dick and jane by accident when they are coming back from a supply raid in cherno.  I'm all for the ability to do this.  Hell, pens are already in the game, and you can go on the wiki and see spray cans are part of the game, just not implemented yet.

• Like 1

For some reason I slightly expected more (visible) demand, compared to some other (repeating) threads.

Come on guys! This would be (nearly free) user / gear customization right there! Even if just slightly!

I don't know guys, just imagin somebody would paint a swastika to his car.

man i would not like to see stuff like that. and some people probably would do that i think.