Sign in to follow this  
TimF

Deer stands/barns

I have never found a single bit of loot in deer stands or the 3 level barns, in the standalone. Is it just that they are all looted before I get there, or aren't they loot spawns any more?

I have never found a single bit of loot in deer stands or the 3 level barns, in the standalone. Is it just that they are all looted before I get there, or aren't they loot spawns any more?

No, it's not just that they've been looted already.  They apparently haven't been set as loot spawning points yet.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly
  • Like 1

I don't believe they spawn loot at this time, like the small sheds. They use to have loot in them as well, but they removed those spawns in one of the earlier updates.

Same goes for static heliwrecks. They have loot spots in the loot table, but they just doesn't spawn anything atm.

e: fun fact, that three story barns should spawn shotgun, atleast in couple of patches ago it was supposed to be there.

Edited by csharp

The three story barn used to be the first place to go to in the mod, as it had a high chance of a shotgun. In the SA it seems like neither that, nor the deer stands have loot spawns yet. Same with some of the brown log houses - have never seen any loot in those. 

I wonder if deer stands will be reserved for hunting loot when that is implemented. 

The three story barn used to be the first place to go to in the mod, as it had a high chance of a shotgun. In the SA it seems like neither that, nor the deer stands have loot spawns yet. Same with some of the brown log houses - have never seen any loot in those. 

was going to post about this but good old search button...

yeah isn`t werid the barns/deer stands/that house. Were the only general places in the mod you could enter and get loot but in standalone totally empty so just thought I would bump this and hope they change it in a patch.

the barn should have shotguns (when fixed), food, camping stuff maybe the odd small backpack, house should have the usually stuff in. Deer stands very rare chance of moasin (or hunting rifle when they come in), chance of ammo non military spec, food drop, hunting knife etc...

Dunno about the rest of you but it does feel strange running past these places now and ignoring them lets get them back in the loot table eh dayz team, for us old schoolers!

Edited by law1977

I was wondering about the crashed heli site/sites , visited one last night and it was empty and the server was also pretty empty so i guess it's possible but I don't think it was a case of arriving after someone else had looted.

Im sure they will spawn hunting rifles and more civilian weapons in the future.  I wouldnt expect anything like the mod tho xD