Sign in to follow this  
coltonlong

people with pine trees and grass turned off......

So, my three friends and i just got ambushed.... and somehow, these guys got me through a pine tree line. they were firing from behind them, from way long away. and they could see through the trees, like they werent there. Im calling bullshit. Ive been taught how to remove grass, but havent. Im getting sick of people removing natural cover to be at advantage. we lost an entire day because these guys could apparently hit a one hit kill through thick damn cover. If the devs have any sense, make it so that people cant remove the cover from their sight.

• Like 2

The game isn't optimized at all to have people forced into graphic settings. People can barely run it as it is.

• Like 1

The game isn't optimized at all to have people forced into graphic settings. People can barely run it as it is.

This isn't graphics settings, this is deleting game files.

It's actually quite annoying if you think (and end up as a victim of this) about it.

You in forest or foliage? You can hardly see shit in 1st person.

Fun fact:

Anyone else can see you nearly perfectly. Grass and all does not render after a certain distance and some stuff does not render properly (afaik). While the same goes for you it's still kind of annoying and can often defeat the purpose of camo on long-range.

E: And that does not take altering stuff further into account, such as (apparently as stated above?) deleting stuff.

Edited by Combine

I like how the grass doesn't render far away. 

Anything that forces the cowardly types out of cover to fight like men is good in my book. 

• Like 2

Dunno if this is the case in SA, but in A2 and A3 they imitate the camo at the long range by sinking the player in the ground. Rendering the grass for 3km would be too much, so that's the way they are handling it. Personally i don't like it, but i cant come up with anything better either.

Anything that forces the cowardly types out of cover to fight like men is good in my book. 

Is this a serious comment? lol I can't tell.

I don't think a survival game is the right game for you if you are. ;) Just saying.

Edited by Tara505
  • Like 3

Well, okay, I can understand if there's technical limitations.

But geez, it still defeats the purpose of certain things. Maybe they could at least increase the rendering size / radius more. Maybe not 3 KM but perhaps to 1 or a half.

All's well until you are at the receiving end :]

I cant turn off my trees, most of the ground glutter like tall grass sure but the trees are just there and ugly as all hell

I think you should be forced to render grass/bushes/foliage at a far larger distance. Snipers and bandits have such an easy time rofling at people who try to crawl through tall grass/cornfields and not realizing that just 50m away its rendered as a plain yellow or green backdrop. In an ideal world, people should be forced to render shadows and effects of sunlight as well. As of now the only way to play stealthily is to remain in the forest, and inside buildings. If you are forced to expose yourself you pretty much have to sprint and zigzag everywhere. But the stealth element of the game is greatly hindered by 3p camera anyways. 

I play the game on a laptop, and have just about everything turned down, but theres alot of compromises that can be made before you should have to turn your grass down. Have it so it can just be static green stilks or something, it should be harder to spot someone in camo gear in tall grass than it is ATM:

It's not graphic settings.

It's deleting game files like you could do in DayZ mod before servers enforced file check.

Right now in standalone you can remove everything you want (grass. trees, buildings) and play.

Edit.

I'll try it now for research purpose and be back with screen shots.

Edited by Frosti
  • Like 1

It's not graphic settings.

It's deleting game files like you could do in DayZ mod before servers enforced file check.

Right now in standalone you can remove everything you want (grass. trees, buildings) and play.

I literally have no idea what a person would get out of the game by doing that. If what you're saying is true then I feel extremely sorry for those people.

Removing trees confirmed. Server do not check your files.

You can remove anything you want and play. I removed just trees for this screen shot, but I could remove much more if I wanted to (buildings etc).

8lv0.jpg

Hotfix needed for servers to check files, like in DayZ mod.

• Like 2

I really hope they use some of their millions of dollars to fix this.

• Like 2

Can you do a test and try remove buildings?  That'll suck if people can see others in buildings!

I really hope they use some of their millions of dollars to fix this.

No need million dollars.

The exect same exploit was possible in DayZ mod and it was fixed by making server to check players files.

Buildings often disappear upon login as well, if they can manually do this and get away with the advantage it's total bs.

Inside Elektro hospital

nabr.png

Edited by Chips-

Can you do a test and try remove buildings?  That'll suck if people can see others in buildings!

Ok will try it. If it is possible then that would explain the misterious people deaths on 3rd floor in firestations and on 1st floor in military buildings.

Considered as an exploit/cheat.

Anybody posting instructions will be immediately banned from these Forums.

Will be fixed.