Short and simple suggestion

I would love to see cardboxes added to game. Folded they would take maybe 4 inventory (tetris) slots but unfolded and placed somewhere they could be used for storing stuff inside buildings (persistent...maybe limited to one box per player) providing around 70 slots ...( they would work the same way as tents but could be used inside of buildings and structures)

thoughts ?

• Like 4

So basically an indoor tent? with a new skin.

This could work, all the new places up north to put your box may lead to increased activity in the more desolate areas of the map. If only because people will expect to find a box full of M4s and mags in every box they see.

But is the player base ready for tents? I'm sure rocket has pondered that quite extensively and it may be one of the reasons we don't have tents.

Edited by Dchil
  • Like 3

Sounds like a great idea, would find great use for this, as Dchil said. 

Would be great to have a cardboard box dump with super loot.

Some cool urban camouflage if you ask me. All I could think of was the original metal gear when you hid in a box to sneak around lmao. I like this.

• Like 7

So basically an indoor tent? with a new skin.

This could work, all the new places up north to put your box may lead to increased activity in the more desolate areas of the map. If only because people will expect to find a box full of M4s and mags in every box they see.

But is the player base ready for tents? I'm sure rocket has pondered that quite extensively and it may be one of the reasons we don't have tents.

I agree, especially with that last part.

Camps and stuff need some significance past loot storage, perhaps getting rid of loot storage altogether?

I doubt they will, but I would like to cut down the hoarding to just 1-2 good guns and ammo maybe a few medical supplies.

We need a place to modify gear and maybe reload ammo, definitely cook food over a permanent surrounded stone fire pit.

• Like 1

Since I really would like too see this ingame...

have a look here :

link outdated

:beans: (storing beans)

Edited by Private Evans

Some cool urban camouflage if you ask me. All I could think of was the original metal gear when you hid in a box to sneak around lmao. I like this.

You thought of that too eh?

METAL GEAR (Solid too) FTW!

i would just love to be able to use a few of the cabinets in the hundred's of houses on the map....

make cabinets and shelves containers people can place stuff in.

maybe some lucky players hits the jackpot when they find a player stash.

combine it with traps and you have a fun game :)

Edited by Bubbajones

Some time has passed and persistent item storing and basebuilding are looking promising. Maybe a good time to bring this back on the table  :)