Sign in to follow this  
ProGamerGov

Dayz Standalone DDoS attacks

As some of you may know, a criminal hacker group know as DerpTrolling has been going around and performing DDoS attacks on every major game and game servers for the last little while. They have attacked Dayz a few times already and could have been responsible for the rubber banding and character resets today if they attacked the main hive.

This thread is just to point out not every game breaking problem is the games fault.

For proof of this check here: https://twitter.com/DerpTrolling

So how can we defend Dayz from attacks like these? The game can make people pretty upset at times and could provoke other DDoS attacks.

• Like 3

Message the server providers to supply anti dos protection.

They claim they bypass it.

This age of technology is a war zone on an ever changing battlefield with new weapons appearing everyday. New methods appear and old ones are fixed.

Edited by ProGamerGov

Message the server providers to supply anti dos protection.

almost certainly do

Edited by Sandy

will they be able to do anything about the effects from the attacks, like rollback characters or servers to get characters back or no?

When something new and fresh comes along they always do this sort of thing just wait and wait for them to get bored.

Kids and show ponies, hitting the broad sides of barns on soft commercial targets. Just got to look at the list of targets and how much time they're spending blowing smoke up their own arses.

This isn't cyber war. It's barely competent script kiddies.

• Like 1

I have a weird feel in my anus that this thread is going to be a monster.

inb4 Derp rants start.

Never even knew who they were till they took down Leauge of legends.

Sucked because after a 12 hour work day i was hoping to hop on and get some games on.

I felt weak and violated.

Hope the fuzz catches up with them.

These people are actually so retarded.

Desperate for attention. 

Think they are cool.

In so much shit when they are caught.

People like this need executed. Seriously, fucking over with millions of people for the "lulz". I cannot even comprehend how stupid someone must be to do something like this. Humans like this get in the way of the progression of the world.

These people are actually so retarded.

Desperate for attention.

Think they are cool.

In so much shit when they are caught.

People like this need executed. Seriously, fucking over with millions of people for the "lulz". I cannot even comprehend how stupid someone must be to do something like this. Humans like this get in the way of the progression of the world.

Could be worse... They could be doing it for support for anti progress movements and ideology. Those are the worst kind of people, the ones who don't want technology to move forward. Edited by ProGamerGov

They were doing it to troll the shit out of some twitch game streamer.

Taking down every game he was playing.

LoL, Dota, Battlefield, battle.net

• Like 1

They should be arrested and sent to prison and if they are too young for prison borstal then prison for 25 years they have affected the lives of millions maliciously. 

Send a message that downloading a program and using it to "hack" has consequences.

same should apply to script kiddy hackers in games.

Edited by BL1P

I applaude these assholes. Because that is what they are and they are proud of it. Maybe I'm just one of the few that thinks things like this are hilarious, but these guys deserve money or something.

They should be arrested and sent to prison and if they are too young for prison borstal then prison for 25 years they have affected the lives of millions maliciously. 

Send a message that downloading a program and using it to "hack" has consequences.

same should apply to script kiddy hackers in games.

They're causing frustration by ruining people's entertainment. (In turn, entertaining themselves.) This seems like a very unreasonable punishment for internet asshatery.

Of course if they get caught, they deserve the punishment since they failed to cover their tracks. If they don't, they get to live on knowing that they caused frustration and "lulz" among the masses.

So it's over?

I doubt it.

I was actually browsing the Steam forums when it happened so I was warned before I got a chance to play today. Sucks that so many people got character resets. Hope the hackers are gone for good. They will target other games though before someone puts a stop to them :(

Edited by Juicymarmalade

As some of you may know, a criminal hacker group know as DerpTrolling has been going around and performing DDoS attacks on every major game and game servers for the last little while. They have attacked Dayz a few times already and could have been responsible for the rubber banding and character resets today if they attacked the main hive.

This thread is just to point out not every game breaking problem is the games fault.

For proof of this check here: https://twitter.com/DerpTrolling

So how can we defend Dayz from attacks like these? The game can make people pretty upset at times and could provoke other DDoS attacks.

1. Why are you giving them free advertising so they can grow their epeens more?

2. Why are you telling us.  Call the cyber-police.  Tell 'em they dun goof'd.  <_<

I applaude these assholes. Because that is what they are and they are proud of it. Maybe I'm just one of the few that thinks things like this are hilarious, but these guys deserve money or something.

They're causing frustration by ruining people's entertainment. (In turn, entertaining themselves.) This seems like a very unreasonable punishment for internet asshatery.

Of course if they get caught, they deserve the punishment since they failed to cover their tracks. If they don't, they get to live on knowing that they caused frustration and "lulz" among the masses.

You're an idiot. Take that to the bank, and cash it.. For the Lulz.

DDoS attacks cost companies money, and that "bill" is ultimately passed on to the customer, which is all of us. They have no "cause", no "code", no "honor", no "respect", no "logic", no "reason".. They're just doing it because they're bored and on a power trip. With great power comes great responsibility.. It is the duty of the strong to protect the weak, not subjugate them.. And what do these kids do with their knowledge/power? They harass other people for "Lulz". They're cowards, and if they DO get picked up and charged and put in prison, guess what? They're going to be pissing themselves like the dogs they are.

You find that "hilarious"? Grow up.

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 5

1. Why are you giving them free advertising so they can grow their epeens more?

2. Why are you telling us. Call the cyber-police. Tell 'em they dun goof'd. <_<

I am not advertising though by telling people why their game is not working could be. But I feel it's better that players and the developers know who is doing and what and is responsible for this.

The cyber police? There's a police force for the internet that's not bound to any country? Since when?

Edited by ProGamerGov

Sadly most ddos attacks are done with botnets, so the owner of said botnet is gonna be hard as hell to find.

So you applaude some kids who used a program that they didnt create, Who then went on to disrupt the entertainment of people who may well be handicaped or ill whos only entertainment is to attempt to play games online with friends.

Over the Xmas Holidays.

Well done sir you are a fucking disgrace to the human race.
Edited by BL1P
  • Like 2