Bohannan (DayZ)

I dont understand why there is no AUTO RUN KEY!!!

XOBh45z.png

OMFG BAN THIS CHEATER

sarcasm of course

Edited by sYs

I would not mind autorun as it gives you zero tactical advantage and is only for saving your hands.

Pushing W for hours aint exactly pleasant or healthy for your hands....

Auto running never works out for me, I use the bathroom expecting to have gone 500+ meters by the time I get back, and only find myself running into a fence a mere 20 meters from where I came from.

• Like 2

Oh my god kids these days without creativity. I take a stick of gum and put it over my "W" key and have it stuck under the "S" key so that it is sprinting until I take the gum off.

SMH

I saw in one of the live streams that Dean held where he states they didnt want to go in the direction of using an auto run key.  WTF!

This game is 225 km squared and yet you still persist on not adding a freaking auto run key?  So far the developers have been pretty involved in what the communities needs are, from deciding what guns we want to other things.  Bohemia do yourself a favor and add an Auto Run feature.  My W key is begging you and I'm braving carpal tunnel syndrome just playing this game.

Because you the designers (or maybe just Dean) feel that it isn't appropriate doesn't mean that your player base (and paying customers) wouldn't like to have this feature.  If you want the hardcore realism you could simply, ohh I dont know... Not bind an auto run key?!

Anyone else feel that this simple feature should be added?  I know im not alone here so lets speak up.

Auto run promotes afk. Afk is a bad thing in a game like DayZ. The game is designed so that if someone is moving, they are to be a threat. If you are auto running across landscape, it's not fair for people that are afraid to go the long way around since there is NO way for them to know you are AFK. I understand why you want this in, but it is a bad thing for the game, Trust me. Devs have it right.

• Like 2

I saw in one of the live streams that Dean held where he states they didnt want to go in the direction of using an auto run key.  WTF!

This game is 225 km squared and yet you still persist on not adding a freaking auto run key?  So far the developers have been pretty involved in what the communities needs are, from deciding what guns we want to other things.  Bohemia do yourself a favor and add an Auto Run feature.  My W key is begging you and I'm braving carpal tunnel syndrome just playing this game.

Because you the designers (or maybe just Dean) feel that it isn't appropriate doesn't mean that your player base (and paying customers) wouldn't like to have this feature.  If you want the hardcore realism you could simply, ohh I dont know... Not bind an auto run key?!

Anyone else feel that this simple feature should be added?  I know im not alone here so lets speak up.

Number 1 - Auto-run gets you killed because your not paying as much attention as you do when your in full control

Number 2 - Use a coin or something to pin your W key down.

Number 3 - Vehicles will be added into the game, finding and maintaining one of them will allow you to travel greater distances faster.

I've already bound an auto-run to my Naga, it's not like thousands of players aren't already doing it, so why the fuck not add it? I'm still yet to hear an argument that didn't completely ignore the fact that this is a video game.

• Like 2

I've already bound an auto-run to my Naga, it's not like thousands of players aren't already doing it, so why the fuck not add it? I'm still yet to hear an argument that didn't completely ignore the fact that this is a video game.

I'll give you one, nay, two!

-It's an anti-game.

-It's a game meant to kick casuals in the ass and make them uninstall.

Edit: Three:

-Most of the community seems to be against it. Solved.

Edited by Ratiasu

I'll give you one, nay, two!

-It's an anti-game.

-It's a game meant to kick casuals in the ass and make them uninstall.

Edit: Three:

-Most of the community seems to be against it. Solved.

1. Holding W doesn't make the game more difficult. Tedium != Difficulty.

2. There are times I'm glad "most of the community" don't get what they want.

I think I'll be macroing W to my Steelseries Sensei later.

Edited by Ulfhedjinn

XOBh45z.png

a14e7f83657c73539011e3f89c4075b0ef38a70c

Everyone from the UK this works well with a 2p coin...I know "Expensive" right? ;)

Edited by CombinedAxe

Set up a macro myself but yeah I think an auto-run feature should be added. If you are that against it then you can still you know, hold your finger on W and not use the feature..

• Like 1

Oh my god kids these days without creativity. I take a stick of gum and put it over my "W" key and have it stuck under the "S" key so that it is sprinting until I take the gum off.

SMH

Now that's funny as I thought grow up man don't have to result to these kind upgrades 

I remember when I found a fishing boat in the mod and had to travel 17 km hr for fucking half an hour. I was so happy for the boat and so pissed off for it being such piece of shit.

if you don't want macro stfu and move on or provide single valid reason without trollbait memes 

edit - someone slipped damn typos in my post

Edited by Colonel-Wicked

Set up a macro myself but yeah I think an auto-run feature should be added. If you are that against it then you can still you know, hold your finger on W and not use the feature..

Some people don't understand the notion of "optional", like how they're still ranting about third person even though we have first person servers now (and I play on them, before anyone starts).

*Takes A Bullet Whilst Running Into The Side Of Barn*

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

What I don't get is, why do people care if I get killed while auto running?

Here's the thing, I use a similar solution to the one with the coin, I use it to run while I get myself something to drink or take a piss. I've been doing this since the beginning of the mod, and NEVER got killed while doing so.

The reason why I still would want an auto run function is this, you can alt+tab.

If you auto run in wow you can alt tab and check forums or maps or what ever, but whit a coin in your keyboard or a macro you can't.

I really don't see the problem. Don't want to use it? Then don't, no one's forcing you, but why be against it so others can use it if they want to.

It's not like if gay marriage is legal you suddenly have to marry someone from the same sex as you. But letting other people do it, would be nice.

• Like 1

It's not like if gay marriage is legal you suddenly have to marry someone from the same sex as you. But letting other people do it, would be nice.

Did you just compare auto-run..

*Takes A Bullet Whilst Running Into The Side Of Barn*

:thumbsup:

Thats you're own damn fault for not paying attention.

It seems like the majority of the people against the feature already use some form of macro/coin to achieve this yet openly oppose having this feature in the game.  Hypocrisy at its finest.

Did you just compare auto-run..

No I compare people who are against gay marriage with people who are against auto run or 3rd person, because they are both stupid. Because they are against something they don't have to do or use, but don't want other people doing or using it either. Because of... Reasons

I haven't read a single reason why auto run shouldn't be implemented aside from, "lulz nub, use coin or macro!" or "laawl nub will get shot".

People do it through other methods, so why not implement a function for it.

Just like respawning through "normal" methods. If people want to respawn, they're going to do it anyway, why not let them do so through the respawn button?!

Edited by phoboss

Auto-run is serious business.

No. The internet is serious business. Get it right.

• Like 1