Bohannan (DayZ)

I dont understand why there is no AUTO RUN KEY!!!

Lol, as other people have pointed out. If you're really so butthurt to have an auto run button, wedge your W key, or better yet, make a macro.

What are you going to do while your character is auto running, anyway? Take a shower? Eat? Watch pron? Lol. Like DayZ players have anything better to do. 

• Like 3

You don't need an autorun key, I ran from elektro to NWAF within 10-15 minutes after my friend accidentally killed me with 1 shot of is .45 handgun that hit me in the right side ribs from behind

You don't need hot water to take a shower, but that doesn't mean you don't like to use it. 

Lol, as other people have pointed out. If you're really so butthurt to have an auto run button, wedge your W key, or better yet, make a macro.

What are you going to do while your character is auto running, anyway? Take a shower? Eat? Watch pron? Lol. Like DayZ players have anything better to do. 

I'd like to not get carpal tunnel from holding my w key down for 2 hours trying to meet up with my group but maybe thats just me.

• Like 2

Do yourself a favor, act like a real PC gamer and come up with your own solution. Make a macro, or find something to hold the key down.

We are a proud and strong people because we have the power to overcome.

And i am excising my right and power to overcome by asking to have an autorun feature put in the game, i cant use coins like the rest of you. 

I'd like to not get carpal tunnel from holding my w key down for 2 hours trying to meet up with my group but maybe thats just me.

Then do what I just suggested. Also, you aren't going to get carpal tunnel from applying gentle pressure with one finger for 20 - 30 minutes. If that were the case, fingering your girlfriend would be so hazardous nobody would do it. Yet I do it all the time and I still don't have any wrist problems.

LOL.

• Like 10

Next we'll be seeing posts demanding hearthstones and jetpacks..... ok... jet packs would be cool...

OMG Implement jetpacks already.. WTF!!!!!!11!1?

• Like 2

I think if there's an auto run feature, that it should only be for a specific distance or there should be none at all.

BUT, that would be a complete pain in the dick and therefore impractical. Get over it. Vehicles will shrink the map considerably enough without an auto run key.

Then do what I just suggested. Also, you aren't going to get carpal tunnel from applying gentle pressure with one finger for 20 - 30 minutes. If that were the case, fingering your girlfriend would be so hazardous nobody would do it. Yet I do it all the time and I still don't have any wrist problems.

LOL.

That's because some of us here are grown men and have moved beyond third base.  There are plenty of other risks to get carpal tunnel we assume on a daily basis such as wrestling grizzlies, pulling cars off of small children, saving a litter of small kittens from a fiery building etc.  Pushing the W key down 20-30 minutes a day only adds to this risk, and its an unnecessary one. 

• Like 7

LOL.

its not just one key. I play with friends but since you feel the need to brag about fingering your girlfriend i'm going to assume you dont have any. I have to have one finger on w and my pinky on ctrl since it's my push to talk key. You try sitting with your hand like that while running from zelenogorsk to berezino and tell me how your hand feels.

Edited by bassist05

Sir, please don't insult all of our intelligence by acting as if you don't know that we autorun so that we can get high between towns...

• Like 5

oh its this thread again.. ok let me use the forum search... i apologize if this sounded condescending.. well, let me say, that the suggestion of an autorun feature is a recurring topic ( there we go: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/81063-whats-your-autowalk-contraption/ )

i, personally, like individualized solutions:

TsKez.jpg

Edited by e47
  • Like 7

its not just one key. I play with friends but since you feel the need to brag about fingering your girlfriend i'm going to assume you dont have any. I have to have one finger on w and my pinky on ctrl since it's my push to talk key. You try sitting with your hand like that while running from zelenogorsk to berezino and tell me how your hand feels.

Well it was a joke, so relax. But also, running from Zelenogorsk to Berezino in a straight shot is really not a good idea in the first place. You're bound to cross someone's field of view and auto running that would just get you killed. And honestly, you are exerting more pressure typing these posts than you do just pressing WASD for an hour. Again, what are you going to do while your character is auto running, here? Not paying attention is just asking to get sniped and come back to a "You Are Dead" screen. I have arthritis in both my hands and seriously, pressing W is not that hard. Just wedge the key or make a macro. Jesus.

• Like 3

They should implement auto pilot.  If you have a map you select where you want your character to go then you can go do productive stuff like browse the internet while the game plays for you!

• Like 1

Done precisely this and honestly it really doesn't bother me. You know what I do if my finger starts hurting? Switch finger, and double tap capslock to talk to someone if need be.

In my opinion, adding an autorun creates a much more passive experience (something I wouldn't enjoy) and I'm pretty sure the devs have said similar things in the past.

You want an auto run key?

Take your index finger, hold down W.

Now with your other hand take a key not on a key chain and wedge the wide end between W and 2-3.

Remove index finger from W

You now have an auto run key.

• Like 1

I think the majority of the people who do not want Auto Run are missing the point.  The point is to have a feature for the people who do want it, and if you decide that you do not want to use the feature, you don't use it.  Its the principle of the gun.  It's better to have one and not need it, than to not have one and need it.

I would find the feature useful especially for long travel, I do not see how this would alter me playing the game in any way, shape, or form.  I do not see how this feature being used by people who wanted it would ruin the people who didn't want to use it gaming sessions either.  This is 2014, i shouldn't have to rely on using a stack of coins, or wedging it between the key, or this or that, it should just be made an option.  AN OPTION, meaning you can use it if you want, and not use it if you don't.

I think the majority of the people who do not want Auto Run are missing the point.  The point is to have a feature for the people who do want it, and if you decide that you do not want to use the feature, you don't use it.  Its the principle of the gun.  It's better to have one and not need it, than to not have one and need it.

Specious argument alert. The problem is you can replace Auto Run with any pet feature that YOU want. Here's a few to get you started:

1. Helicopters
  2. Jets
  3. Tanks
  4. Aimbots
  5. Player ESP
  6. Item ESP
  7. God Mode

See, all completely valid, and all similarly specious.

The philosophy of the game is that you're actually playing it while... you're actually playing it.

• Like 2

Specious argument alert. The problem is you can replace Auto Run with any pet feature that YOU want. Here's a few to get you started:

1. Helicopters
  2. Jets
  3. Tanks
  4. Aimbots
  5. Player ESP
  6. Item ESP
  7. God Mode

See, all completely valid, and all similarly specious.

The philosophy of the game is that you're actually playing it while... you're actually playing it.

Apparently you missed the whole part about being an option.  Your last sentence makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

• Like 1

And you are missing the point that the developers don't want to add one because they don't find it conducive to the experience. So you have to do it yourself. Since you seem adamant not to use an object to hold W why not try something like AutoHotKey to create a macro? Then you can literally make your own autorun key and its not exactly rocket science to do so.

Like I said, overcome.

Edited by Hells High
  • Like 1

I have an easy solution for auto run. 

small-tripod-17413824.jpg

Place one of the legs on the W key. The weight from the tripod will keep it pressed down. Problem solved. 

You think I'm joking but I use this. 

XOBh45z.png

a14e7f83657c73539011e3f89c4075b0ef38a70c

You do realise that with that keyboard you can macro W to be togglable :D I got the same one and thats what I do I just key bind my togglebale W to G3 extra key. all I do is press g3 and my guy keeps on sprinting.

I dragged my body four miles to the hospital one time due to a broken leg. Weighed down the key and walked away. Ya you'll hit quite a few trees and shrubs along the way. But I wasn't gonna hold the goddamn key down for an hour. Ya, they need an auto run feature. The naysayers can be ignored as troll shit. Especially the one that fingers his boyfriend.