Bohannan (DayZ)

I dont understand why there is no AUTO RUN KEY!!!

You've autorun with 1 button in Skyrim.

Merged

Improvise. I use a paddle pop stick

I used a tooth pick or a small weight (depending on what keyboard) Edited by Mor

I saw a "behind the scenes" you tube vid where rocket even had something resting on W.....I mean c'mon R if even you have to glitch it then its obviously something we need....lets just have the button....pretty please :)

After spending last night sitting atop a roof in Cherno with my flashlight out simulating a lighthouse, I don't understand why there isn't an auto turn key.

Sounds like something you would do.

• Like 2

I used a tooth pick or a small wight (depending on what keyboard)

Me too. Works like a charm.

OfkvHZS.png

• Like 6

I use one cent - its cheaper.

Though I came to realize the limits of this method and would like to have an autorun feature with the following features:

• works with walking and jogging speed (sprint should be only for short burst eventually)
  • mouse movement should be free look (like 2xAlt) during auto-run
  • strafing should be replaced with turning during auto-run
  • it should be possible to do a short sprint without breaking auto-run
  • certain actions (raising gun, changing stance etc.) should stop autorun
  • alt-tabbing and using the steam overlay should not stop auto-run
  • some actions should be possible during auto-run (looking at the ingame map or compass etc.)
  • Like 1

I have found the solution that will end all finger cramping!!!!!!!

Stop running from Berezino to the NWAF

Your welcome

Edited by Caboose187
  • Like 2

After spending last night sitting atop a roof in Cherno with my flashlight out simulating a lighthouse, I don't understand why there isn't an auto turn key.

I can help you there, I found how to do this by accident in Arma 2 so it probably works in DayZ/Arma 3 too.

Have a Joystick (I have a cyborg Evo) and the thrust on it makes you spin around on the spot :D

As for the thread solution, I have this keyboard.. see the little man top left? that's my autorun key, I love it :)

abd496-848d_9018-img6381s.jpg

Edited by wooly-back-jack

I have found the solution that will end all finger cramping!!!!!!!

Your welcome

I took your advice.....I ran from cherno to NWA instead.....still hurts :)

So I come back to the game after a few months and I am still shocked :o there is no Autorun Key in the controls. I will continue to use my keyboard macro but we really should not have to use a work around for a basic feature.

Even if you don't (I looted the NWAF about two times in total and it didn't have that much of interest) you will still find yourself moving from one place to another for a couple of minutes. During this time W is pushed down and many people will use the Alt key to look around. Now a autorun feature would make this more convenient from the player perspective - it does not make the game easier or promote running straight to the AIrfield. Its just a matter of better game controls.

If you want to stop people from running straight to the Airfield add a stamina system, make survival and PvE more of a challenge and generally give them more to do while on their way. Also helps replacing "running simulator" with "survival game".

Edited by Evil Minion

i met a fully geared guy autorunning from near vybor military base to cherno a guess. i followed him till he get stuck on a tree, killed him and took his gear  :) . i would love to see an autorun button !

Edited by Zboub le météor
  • Like 1

Welp.. You see you're sitting on a computer least you could do is.. I don't know maybe apply some sort of force so you're not just being lazy you know?

Finally my buddy figured out a way to auto run in game without the need of any macro or software. Hotkey would crash my dayz if i minimized the game.but finally an in game way to auto run!

Here's what I do:

In the Controls menu under infantry movement, bind "fast forward" to the W key. This lets you sprint without holding shift. Unbind normal forward movement from W. You can still jog with the up arrow key.

Next, find a credit card, finger nail clippers, or anything small and flat to jam down the W key by fulcruming against the keys above it. DIY autorun completed.

Seriously, this is the biggest missing feature.

Edited by Cowboy Dan

Finally my buddy figured out a way to auto run in game without the need of any macro or software. Hotkey would crash my dayz if i minimized the game.but finally an in game way to auto run!

Merged.

Next, find a credit card, finger nail clippers, or anything small and flat

I read that as 'finger nail clippings.' Eew.

Edited by Max Planck

In the Controls menu under infantry movement, bind "fast forward" to the W key. This lets you sprint without holding shift. Unbind normal forward movement from W. You can still jog with the up arrow key.

Or you could just bind fast-forward to W(x2) and keep the jog.

• Like 1

I am hoping the lack of an auto run key is because fatigue and stamina will allow you to over exert yourself and die from pushing your character too hard.

cause some people actually feel like, I dunno, playing the game

That doesnt do what the dude is talking about so why did you vomit ? (even tho it was a year ago)