Bohannan (DayZ)

I dont understand why there is no AUTO RUN KEY!!!

We do need an auto run button this is a psuedo MMO...all MMO esque games have auto run.

• Like 4

I don't think Dean wants it to be "easy" to get around the map. He's going in the direction of a survival simulator, and in real life you can't just tell your legs to keep on moving while you take a nap or something. I'm not sure how I feel about that feature, but if it was in the game I guess it wouldn't be a huge deal.

• Like 10

cause some people actually feel like, I dunno, playing the game

This makes no sense?  Of course you wouldn't use it looting towns (common sense) but when traveling distances, its a no brainier.

• Like 12

Macro recorder ----> Record Macro for holding down the run button (1 click turns on, 1 more click turns off). ----------> Bind macro to a key -----------> Run all you want.

• Like 10

double tap shift it works in arma 2

Macro recorder ----> Record Macro for holding down the run button (1 click turns on, 1 more click turns off). ----------> Bind macro to a key -----------> Run all you want.

omg dat is cheat wtf lol

Do you have a coin nearby?  Congratulations you have an autorun key!

I'm using a laptop, a coin will not work with my system.  Hence why I made this post because it really should be a feature.  for those complaining about it, nobody would be forcing you to use it.

You don't need an autorun key, I ran from elektro to NWAF within 10-15 minutes after my friend accidentally killed me with 1 shot of is .45 handgun that hit me in the right side ribs from behind

• Like 1

I'm using a laptop, a coin will not work with my system.  Hence why I made this post because it really should be a feature.  for those complaining about it, nobody would be forcing you to use it.

I am using a laptop and coins work for mine.

--

There is no auto-run feature for it has not been implemented.

doesn't double tap shift just toggle whether you jog or walk?

an auto-run feature would be nice.

• Like 2

Steam do an auto run feature. Google it. I have never used it though. I have my trusty coin or piece of card to hand. It works wonders as I smoke alot and roll my own as I run and just occasionally tweak the mouse so I don't get stuck on trees.

***EDIT**

My bad. Apparently they disabled the Steam Autorun in DayZ SA

Edited by Be4st
  • Like 1

Ten coins in a stack taped together placed on top of W, because I'm rich like that.

fko9xi.jpg

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 9

We do need an auto run button this is a psuedo MMO...all MMO esque games have auto run.

this doesn't even come close to making sense. Both games are controlled exactly the same way, wsad. why not have an auto run key if 98% of what a player does in this game is running?

i roll a peice of paper up in a ball 

put it on the w key then set my phone on top of it works like a charm.

imo just add it we do it anyway.

Doesn't really make the game easier.

Bohemia do yourself a favor and add an Auto Run feature.

Do yourself a favor, act like a real PC gamer and come up with your own solution. Make a macro, or find something to hold the key down.

We are a proud and strong people because we have the power to overcome.

• Like 7