Intactus

Realistic (SweetFX) lighting preset for Standalone.

Did I say the software was piss poor? No.  Did I call it silly?  Yes.  Did I say the instructions are piss poor?  No.  Your fighting for the sake of fighting now.    You're the only one hating here because "I" came out with a better alternative to having downloaded software which could result in getting banned.

Its better in your opinion but can offer no proof and here we go again can get you banned strange i havent been banned there forums arent filled with people who have been banned ( the few who tried to suggest it where infact using actual injectors.

Your now going away from the points i stated and again basing your arguement on opinions you were hating cause you couldnt get it to work and you offered an alternative that does work well no doubt but better thats opinion.

I offered you the chance to compare and it turns out you cant because what you said was better you cant use anymore ( if it was so good why did you opt for a replacement card that doesnt have the option ???)

LOL run in circles doesnt make your opinion any more correct or your biased statements any better info.

For the last time what looks better is a matter of personal choice how about you give people the facts not opinions and let them decide.

Seems simple but then you have to get the last word or you just dont win even though all you have done is run in circles... Your welcome to finish the discussion not worth my time replying to someone who bases things on 1 opinion rather than facts ( fact its always personal prefrence)

Its better in your opinion but can offer no proof and here we go again can get you banned strange i havent been banned there forums arent filled with people who have been banned ( the few who tried to suggest it where infact using actual injectors.

Your now going away from the points i stated and again basing your arguement on opinions you were hating cause you couldnt get it to work and you offered an alternative that does work well no doubt but better thats opinion.

I offered you the chance to compare and it turns out you cant because what you said was better you cant use anymore ( if it was so good why did you opt for a replacement card that doesnt have the option ???)

LOL run in circles doesnt make your opinion any more correct or your biased statements any better info.

For the last time what looks better is a matter of personal choice how about you give people the facts not opinions and let them decide.

Seems simple but then you have to get the last word or you just dont win even though all you have done is run in circles... Your welcome to finish the discussion not worth my time replying to someone who bases things on 1 opinion rather than facts ( fact its always personal prefrence)

Reading is not your strong point apparently.  Yes, I'll keep going if you want and I personally don't care if it gets this thread closed.  First off, I said could get you banned not can.  Second, I gave an alternative for people who use Nvidia cards so they don't have to go through the struggle of the terrible instructions.  Third, I swapped out my 560ti for an HiS 7850 because it was a cheaper alternative to having to spend $600+ for a video card and it blows the 560 out of the water.

Reading is not your strong point apparently.  Yes, I'll keep going if you want and I personally don't care if it gets this thread closed.  First off, I said could get you banned not can.  Second, I gave an alternative for people who use Nvidia cards so they don't have to go through the struggle of the terrible instructions.  Third, I swapped out my 560ti for an HiS 7850 because it was a cheaper alternative to having to spend $600+ for a video card and it blows the 560 out of the water.

Could has the same implications as can eg i could go to the shops or i can go to the shops both mean that its possible to go to the shops....

So i am not sure what your point is there . You changed to a cheaper bang for buck card no shame in that very sensible infact but it renders your point of digital viberance being better on it did you even play Dayz on it so not only opinion but opinion based on what ?? you cant use sweetfx so you cant comment on its effects being good or not..

So when you cant compare the effects of either and make an opinion based on that you know what they call that in the real world being biased...

Simple isnt it id say about primary school level comprehension...

Could has the same implications as can eg i could go to the shops or i can go to the shops both mean that its possible to go to the shops....

So i am not sure what your point is there . You changed to a cheaper bang for buck card no shame in that very sensible infact but it renders your point of digital viberance being better on it did you even play Dayz on it so not only opinion but opinion based on what ?? you cant use sweetfx so you cant comment on its effects being good or not..

So when you cant compare the effects of either and make an opinion based on that you know what they call that in the real world being biased...

Simple isnt it id say about primary school level comprehension...

FFS dude, I've used sweetfx on other games, all single player, such as skyrim.  Why only single player games?  Because, if you actually did a search on the what sweetfx does you "can" not "could" get banned.

This topic made to warn users before they get banned, and maybe to get some help.

Hela! Right after I've installed "SweetFX" graphic mod on my OS, I've played COD:BO and GW2. At the next morning, I've got banned from both games.

@ GW2, they checked it and unlocked my account with an apology.

@ COD:BO, I've tried to contact with the support by opening a ticket, but the employee called "Grant" refuses to cooperating, breaking the rules of Customer Protection, and agressively repeating closing my ticket with unacceptable behavior.

Source: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3074493

Also, here you go.  Some education for you. http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2013/07/can-or-could/

Edited by Caboose187

FFS dude, I've used sweetfx on other games, all single player, such as skyrim.  Why only single player games?  Because, if you actually did a search on the what sweetfx does you "can" not "could" get banned.

This topic made to warn users before they get banned, and maybe to get some help.

Hela! Right after I've installed "SweetFX" graphic mod on my OS, I've played COD:BO and GW2. At the next morning, I've got banned from both games.

@ GW2, they checked it and unlocked my account with an apology.

@ COD:BO, I've tried to contact with the support by opening a ticket, but the employee called "Grant" refuses to cooperating, breaking the rules of Customer Protection, and agressively repeating closing my ticket with unacceptable behavior.

Source: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3074493

Also, here you go.  Some education for you. http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2013/07/can-or-could/

LOL yes you link me a steam discussion where someone says they got banned because ... shall i return with how many there are crying my brother used my pc it wasnt me i dont cheat.. I have played plenty of games with VAC BE and PUNK BUSTER all online and wow no bans sweetfx is frequently used by people who are streaming dayz currently strange no bans.... you need more than 1 user in thousands who i pointed out before there have been people who tried to blame sweetfx but where found to be using injectors..

As for thee dictionary use of can and could LMFAO i didnt say they were used the same way i said the implications where the same both are in the positive as shown by my very simple use of them in 2 sentences cant understand that heaven help you....

Pathetic attempt but do keep going or is your brother using your pc oh no it must be sweetfx to blame.....

So basically it's just colour correction and darker corners like you would add to a cinematic video.

So basically it's just colour correction and darker corners like you would add to a cinematic video.

A little more than that but in a nut shell pretty much...

NO ONE SAID IT WAS BETTER what looks better to one person is opinion based on personal prefrence if you have used something you can decide for yourself rather than point you couldnt get it to work then check there website see what games it works good for then suddenly say oh i use it for them when in the start you say it was crap a basic user couldnt understand it..( or cant understand it have to use both so my smart friend can or could  understand..( past or present tense depending on if you have read or are reading it LOL...

Kinda sets the bullshit meter off at full alert...

Edited by SoulFirez

Pretty much.  It's a shader injector.  

FFS how the hell can you get into such pathetic arguments over a bloody post processing plugin.  Just wow.

Sweetfx is a great little plugin, minimal fps hit, if any, very customisable, no issues with battle-eye or VAC..

Highly recommended.

Nice try sunshine you clearly dont...  chekovp i can see your reasoning but as it is actually an over lay effect it cant really make it any brighter than it is ( well it can but only by a very small amount )

being an overlay it does and often will with good setting make it darker though .. As for making night brighter why would you want to those of a mind to cheat like that will just use gamma brightness rather than have to close game open files and adjust or swap in a different file to make it brighter ( again it can only brighten ever so slightly)

Oh its biggest flaw being an overlay  is if you use things like razor game booster to monitor fps it will completely remove the fps numbers in the corner...

Edit i now i get  his meaning i am sorry it was done as in if you think its dark at night now it be like sunshine compared to with this lol i apologise it was a misunderstanding there but if you read your first post it can be seen to mean both ways and as most people jump to call using things like this cheating ( why it gives no advantage to user other than his game looks good lol .... That is easily fixed by simply pressing scroll lock key which removes the overlay effect making it normal lighting of dayz which is what i do in arma etc all the time..

Thank you.

Holy shit! 0_o" How on earth can ANYONE get a flame war going over some random SweetFx? :D
If you don't like it, don't use it. Simple as that. Or even better: Make a better one and post it here for people to enjoy. :thumbsup:

I'm happy that some of you are happy with it and yes, this preset is basically "just colour correction and darker corners" to put it simply. (A somewhat more detailed description in the original post)
Nothing overboard in this one but it does add a nice touch. Thou SweetFX can be WAY more than just subtle contrast tweaks or "digitar vibrance" etc. It's powerful for an overlay, thou it's really hard to find very well made presets for some reason... :(  For anyone Graphically inclined person: Dig in and try it out. It's nice.

PS. I actually didn't even test the settings on a night server so it just might look like an utter shit for all i know but it sure as shit doesn't make the nights any brighter. =D

As others have echoed, nothing wrong with SweetFX. Used it for years. Most notable changes in game, was A:CM... that was a total disaster.

Here's mine, still work in progress. There seems to be a bit too much glare/shine in places. But, this is down to the shadow settings in game too. It may look utter crap for some of you, but the colours to me - are pretty spot on. My eyes are disabled, infected with colour-blindness  :rolleyes: 

As default, videos seem to load at 360p?! How does one change this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbLJZpaewJo 

I'm struggling to get it working.  I've used sweetfx previously in other games, so know what i'm doing.  I've tried version 1.4 & 1.5.  

What version are you lot using?

(I've set my HDR & vsync and am testing in windowed mode)  Dayz is not crashing, i'm simply not seeing any changes when i toggle it on/off.  Its simply not working.

Any ideas?

EDIT:  NEVERMIND.. I FOUND A WORKING VERSION.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4581604&postcount=528

Edited by MadTommy

Even tho SweetFx does nothing to modify game files directly, some anti cheat programs do flag this so be warned

this works fine for me and I have been in many different servers including my own and I havent been kicked yet. Did the same thing with A3 with no issues

Must admit I like all the "before" examples much better than the "after" ones in the OP. Too much instagram about the latter.

I made a thread about it a while ago - had to actually make a second account because I forgot both my email and password lol.

Here are some screenies I took with and without the preset that I used. Also link to the thread: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/156144-dayz-sweetfx-very-nice/

SweetFX off:

rcod3h2.jpg

SweetFX on:

iGz03W7.jpg

SweetFX off:

oRKV4Xm.png

SweetFX on:

D2ud6We.png

SweetFX off:

WcdBXDh.png

SweetFX on:

csk3vSr.png

Looks good FrostDMG. Really need to test that pre-set.

Looks good FrostDMG. Really need to test that pre-set.

It's in the thread I linked mate. I like that preset because it makes the image sharper, I really hate the blurriness.