Sign in to follow this  
ripzeus

Desync when in the same area as a Steam Friend.

I've been having these odd desync issues with one or more of my friends on steam.

We have been rolling in a group of seven to eight with no problems for the last few days, but this problem has come around before.

What happens is I log on a server, do what I need to do, no problems, have a few friends log on, no problems. Then certain friends start to log on and I can't do anything, but they can without a problem. 

Now this only happens when I am in there network bubble within the server, if I go outside of this bubble I have full use of everything, but once I get near my friend I can't do anything, but the other six or seven are functioning just fine.

We have tested this over and over, and the person changes without any kind of pattern, only way we figure out who is causing the problem is standard elimination of having people log out while I am in the area.

These desync problems are a real pain in the ass and I have tried everything from changing my IP, restarting steam, disabling my UTM9 gateway, doing complete bypass's straight to the modem, so far it comes down to it's not my network, but something on the DayZ server/Hive that is causing these huge desync's while in the same network bubbles.

Not to disregard your evidence, as you clearly aren't computer illiterate, but it sounds like a case of coincidence. I would ask them to check their side of things though if it really is more than coincidence in your opinion.

Not to disregard your evidence, as you clearly aren't computer illiterate, but it sounds like a case of coincidence. I would ask them to check their side of things though if it really is more than coincidence in your opinion.

I wish it was coincidence, but even if they reset IP's and do all the fun bypass's, the end result is the same.

The thing is, it's random on who causes the desync, last week it happen only two times with a different friend on, but today it's a constant with a different friend on causing the desync.

So both of these guys I run with daily with a total crew of eight, neither effect each other and only one effects me. 

Alright I am getting quite angry right now, we have 10 people online right now, and JUST THAT ONE FRIEND OF MINE, desync's me to 100k.

It's been tested over and over and over again without fail.

If we are on the same server and at 2 opposite ends of the map, I can do everything without a problem, but when we get into the same network area as each other I get a full 100k desync and am unable to do anything.

I've been having these odd desync issues with one or more of my friends on steam.

We have been rolling in a group of seven to eight with no problems for the last few days, but this problem has come around before.

What happens is I log on a server, do what I need to do, no problems, have a few friends log on, no problems. Then certain friends start to log on and I can't do anything, but they can without a problem. 

Now this only happens when I am in there network bubble within the server, if I go outside of this bubble I have full use of everything, but once I get near my friend I can't do anything, but the other six or seven are functioning just fine.

We have tested this over and over, and the person changes without any kind of pattern, only way we figure out who is causing the problem is standard elimination of having people log out while I am in the area.

These desync problems are a real pain in the ass and I have tried everything from changing my IP, restarting steam, disabling my UTM9 gateway, doing complete bypass's straight to the modem, so far it comes down to it's not my network, but something on the DayZ server/Hive that is causing these huge desync's while in the same network bubbles.

I have exactly the same problem it doesnt always happen but it often does when playing with friends and i am so desynced i cant see where they are take anything into my hands etc.

Moment the right person leaves server bang everything works again but strangly i can play with the same person the next day no troubles its kinda wierd.

• Like 1

I have exactly the same problem it doesnt always happen but it often does when playing with friends and i am so desynced i cant see where they are take anything into my hands etc.

Moment the right person leaves server bang everything works again but strangly i can play with the same person the next day no troubles its kinda wierd.

Past few days I can't play anything when my friend logs in.

We just tried a few things, killing each other, removing all loot, going to other servers naked, and the same result is I am desynced to were I can't play but he can without any problems.

We both have done everything from uninstalling and reinstalling to getting on VPN's. 

If only I could see those damn server logs.

• Like 1

MASSIVELY IMPORTANT ANNOYNCEMENT REGARDING THIS PROBLEM!!!

This is caused by containers inside other containers.

Containers in this definition is ANY item that can contain other items.

The problem occurs from guns in holsters inside vests/pants/packs etc.

Ammo in ammoboxes, inside packs/pants/vests/ etc.

Medkits, Yellow Safetyboxes, Ammoboxes, Holsters inside vests (no folks its not SUPPOSED to go there, holster OR vest, NOT BOTH), Mountain backpack inside Mountain backpack inside Mountain backpack inside Mountain backpack.

Dont believe me?

Have the friend that is "causing" the problem go onto another server and drop any and all containers, then join back on the server where you are functioning properly.

He will no longer cause the problem.

Want further proof?

Go ahead and do the Mountain backpack inside Mountain backpack etc thing. You will only need to go about 10 deep before you completely crash the server and every player in it.

That said, the higher bandwidth on your connection will help avoid this particular issue, within certain parameters.

But containers inside containers inside containers etc, will drag any connection to the floor for imminent full desync and subsequent disconnect.

I have already opened a ticket on feedback tracker regarding this quite a long time ago already, but made it private as this could be turned into a MASSIVE exploit for ganking/griefing.

Now its out in the open, we'll see where it goes from here...

Edited by Wheunis
  • Like 1

Past few days I can't play anything when my friend logs in.

We just tried a few things, killing each other, removing all loot, going to other servers naked, and the same result is I am desynced to were I can't play but he can without any problems.

We both have done everything from uninstalling and reinstalling to getting on VPN's. 

If only I could see those damn server logs.

See my post above.

Same happens if such containers are on the ground, anywhere in the immediate vicinity.

My guess is your friend is stashing some stuff and not completely naked, and/or another person/object in the immediate vicinity is the causing the problem.

Also refer to backpack inside backpack i mentioned above.

It only take ONE player on a server doing that 3+ levels deep and everyone with lower bandwidth on that server will suffer.

• Like 1

MASSIVELY IMPORTANT ANNOYNCEMENT REGARDING THIS PROBLEM!!!

This is caused by containers inside other containers.

Containers in this definition is ANY item that can contain other items.

The problem occurs from guns in holsters inside vests/pants/packs etc.

Ammo in ammoboxes, inside packs/pants/vests/ etc.

Medkits, Yellow Safetyboxes, Ammoboxes, Holsters inside vests (no folks its not SUPPOSED to go there, holster OR vest, NOT BOTH), Mountain backpack inside Mountain backpack inside Mountain backpack inside Mountain backpack.

Dont believe me?

Have the friend that is "causing" the problem go onto another server and drop any and all containers, then join back on the server where you are functioning properly.

He will no longer cause the problem.

Want further proof?

Go ahead and do the Mountain backpack inside Mountain backpack etc thing. You will only need to go about 10 deep before you completely crash the server and every player in it.

That said, the higher bandwidth on your connection will help avoid this particular issue, within certain parameters.

But containers inside containers inside containers etc, will drag any connection to the floor for imminent full desync and subsequent disconnect.

I have already opened a ticket on feedback tracker regarding this quite a long time ago already, but made it private as this could be turned into a MASSIVE exploit for ganking/griefing.

Now its out in the open, we'll see where it goes from here...

Confirmed!

My buddy had a ammo can with nothing but 60 stacks of 5.56.

Removal of this fixed the problem.

Edited by ripzeus

I had the same bug with buddies whilst carrying 2 full medkits and an ammo box. AFAIK none of us were using the item in item in item glitch, but I'll confirm with the others tomorrow.

In the end I picked up a third medkit to view the contents which caused me to be unable to use anything at all. I was then unable to clear this issue logging out and in to different servers so since I was on the coast anyways I suicided off a building and the problem had disappeared when I got back to my body (friend guarded my corpse for me) and I picked up all my original gear - I didn't try picking up the third medkit on return tho :)

Might have been some other player on the server that was making the issue more profound which then took effect because we had a fairly large number of items in our vicinity as well.

• Like 1

Another desync has shown up from a different buddy.

He had three yellow boxes filled to the brim, I also had one yellow box filled with two saline IV kits and it caused him to desync.

We dropped the boxes, log onto other servers and everything started working.

Another desync has shown up from a different buddy.

He had three yellow boxes filled to the brim, I also had one yellow box filled with two saline IV kits and it caused him to desync.

We dropped the boxes, log onto other servers and everything started working.

Trust me when I say that I have tested this to the point of sickening lengths.

I've done a crapload of testing regarding M4 accuracy and parts etc, but that pales in comparison to the amounts I've done on containers causing desync.

I believe its got to do with the bad itemcode on serverside, that Rocket has referred to as the main reason for not being able to implement automatic respawn of loot.

Somehow the server just has a REALLY hard time dealing with containers inside containers.

• Like 1