wgaf

An Issue with the New Spawns AKA "The Kamyshovo Massacre"

The rather limited and localized area in which players now spawn lead to a big day for the Medical Division. 55 exterminations.

This was the scene when the server restarted, and a lot is left out: 

vw9OsBW.jpg

• Like 30

Issue? This doesn't seem like any kind of problem to me. Keep up the good work, soldier!

In all seriousness, you will have had to kill players at least twice there, and by that time, if not before, they should realise they don't want to be looting the town with the group killing them.

With the new spawns yesterday, me and a friend just went down the east coast. It's unbelieveable how many people are fine with running out in the open, even when they see 2 armed men with a trail of bodies behind them. I'm not gonna get whined at for KoSing when the people being killed should really know better.

Edited by Jaginun
  • Like 1

There was a lot of ballistics tests conducted today.

News reports out of Kamyshovo reported 55 souls massacred there.  With several others left unaccounted for (combat log).  Some of the people that were rounded up for extermination put up a fight with their fists.  Others knew their fate and simply accepted it.

Edited by Propulsion_Joe
  • Like 8

You just sound unlucky. I haven't died since the patch though. My friends spawned thrice in three different locations along the east coast today.

There is a pants thief afoot...

Several sources close to the event said these souls were dragged out in the middle of the night while they were sleeping.  That explains the lack of pants  ;)

• Like 2

Every body was stripped of its pants and brutalized as a warning to others. 

This one donated a box of cereal to our group:

kTWBYBu.jpg

• Like 2

Devs are getting metrics right now by moving the spawns to see how players react. Its a good thing. I'll bet dollar to donuts that the mil spawns will be adjusted as time goes on and probably move around a bit as well. What I find amazing is that all those people would rather run to Balota when the majority of them are closer to the NEAF. Boggles my mind.

Cocks spawn camping.

Surely this is an exploit..... They know there is only like 1-3 chance someone spawning here?

This is the worst form of banditry and exploiting a game mechanic (namely the current localized spawn points)

• Like 9

We can also report a Medical breakthrough.

As it turns out, if you attack a corpse by shooting, cutting, or hacking it, you can cause the corpse to bleed from the area attacked. 

• Like 3

Cocks spawn camping.

Surely this is an exploit..... They know there is only like 1-3 chance someone spawning here?

This is the worst form of banditry and exploiting a game mechanic (namely the current localized spawn points)

Believe it or not, we preferred it before they changed spawn points. 

We had more fun poisoning people and gaining their trust when it wasnt just a cavalcade of fresh spawns in Kamyshovo. 

We vote to bring things back to the way they were before. 

It was no fun running all the way to Kamyshovo, and it won't be fun running back to where we used to have our base of operations, but as long as the spawn system is working in this way, we owe it to ourselves and the community to make the most efficient use of our time, and so we conducted exterminations in Kamyshovo. 

For the record, no member of our group was killed today, so that's a 55-0 kill/death ratio. 

Edited by HCHellCaptain
  • Like 4

So now you spawn only on the east coast? Now THAT is a very good idea IMO. Except for the spawn killing. Therefore spawns on the east coast should be ironed out, so that you spawn all across it rather than in 5 fixed places. 

Anyway I think you are underestimating the potential of the east. It also makes the beggining game more challenging, so you don't reach end game by 3 minutes in Balota. 

Good update. 

Happy new year!

Edited by Zarniwoop
  • Like 1

As it turns out, if you attack a corpse by shooting, cutting, or hacking it, you can cause the corpse to bleed from the area attacked. 

At least its in the name of science.

• Like 4

Cocks spawn camping.

With the old spawn points , people would come walking into a town and we would get a lot of RP interaction.  It would only be about 10 - 15 people.  With the new spawn points we get angry people who are running around in spastic manners, flipping us off, and being generally unpleasant.  This is why we had to up the brutality.  Bullets to the head, hacking the bodies so they bleed everywhere, and executing people on top of mass graves.  These people do not have to walk into the town, they can choose to go all the way around.  

• Like 2

Believe it or not, we preferred it before they changed spawn points. 

We had more fun poisoning people and gaining their trust when it wasnt just a cavalcade of fresh spawns in Kamyshovo. 

We vote to bring things back to the way they were before.

Camping in protest against spawn locations?

I just do not get this.. Would you be in balota instead camping fresh spawns there?

Sorry I am confused as to how this kind of game play murdering people who have clearly nothing and stripping them down to their boxers dose anything for you and your group.

There really can't be any satisfaction in thi?

• Like 1

LOL It's funny because ya'll obviously are enjoying this. So, you wanting to it to go back sounds weird. Desryachri, they won't stop it even if you gave them money. There like politicians, horrible but they just keep doing it. So, just ignore it.

You just have to quick at Balota, the loot their is good enough for a few people, but too many people go their, I got lucky today and carried out like 500 5.56 rounds, lol. Time to go take on the apocalypse.

500 rounds of 556 ammo don't spawn at Balota unless you're hopping between servers.

• Like 7

With the old spawn points , people would come walking into a town and we would get a lot of RP interaction.  It would only be about 10 - 15 people.  With the new spawn points we get angry people who are running around in spastic manners, flipping us off, and being generally unpleasant.  This is why we had to up the brutality.  Bullets to the head, hacking the bodies so they bleed everywhere, and executing people on top of mass graves.  These people do not have to walk into the town, they can choose to go all the way around.

And you choose to camp that town for fresh spawns rather than going to an area you know fully geared people would be because your too scared of seeing someone with a gun an probably combat log.

I'm sorry this game style should not be accepted with in the dayz comunity.

• Like 6

Camping in protest against spawn locations?

I just do not get this.. Would you be in balota instead camping fresh spawns there?

Sorry I am confused as to how this kind of game play murdering people who have clearly nothing and stripping them down to their boxers dose anything for you and your group.

There really can't be any satisfaction in thi?

We don't like to camp balota or other places which are similar, we're not looking to win fights. 

We previously camped areas we considered approaches to balota, on the theory that many people would pass through on the way to the airfield. 

We much preferred how it was before, we got to spot people, approach them, assure them we were friendly, tell them we had supplies, etc. Then do medical experiments on them and finally exterminate them. 

In Kamyshovo no one wants medical help or supplies. They just want to flip you off and run around in circles because they're upset they spawned in Kamyshovo. 

In our old locations, people were happy for help, since they were *almost* to balota. 

• Like 1

And you choose to camp that town for fresh spawns rather than going to an area you know fully geared people would be because your too scared of seeing someone with a gun an probably combat log.

I'm sorry this game style should not be accepted with in the dayz comunity.

We don't want to win fights, we want to interact with and ultiamtely exterminate as many people as possible and to conduct medical experimentation. 

We put a high premium on having the best equipment, so if one of our members is killed doing the work, we have to put everything on hold so we can help him get geared back up, and it can take a long time. 

The DayZ community is people who play DayZ, a game where people can do anything they want. Every style of game play is accepted, because DayZ is a game where people can do anything they want. 

Edited by HCHellCaptain
  • Like 4