red.jacob.bryan

How do I create my own server?

Pay about $200-300 a month to rent a server.

Right now the server files are under lockdown by BI, so you can't just run a server from your own box (at least not for now)

How does $70-80/month sound then? That's what the typical 40 person server is going for.

• Like 1

www.multiplay.com offers 40 slot servers for about $69 (debranded)

You can use the coupon code "sacriel42" without quotes for a 25% discount.

Edited by Epies
  • Like 1

Does anyone know or heard if there will be the capability to host your own server in the future? 

Does anyone know or heard if there will be the capability to host your own server in the future? 

I am not sure when that will be, I currently have a working server but the version is a little outdated.

It's possible if DayZ gets lan or mod support in which case said servers would not be part of the public server hive (i.e. your character would not transfer to the public servers).  Otherwise, highly unlikely.

It's possible if DayZ gets lan or mod support in which case said servers would not be part of the public server hive (i.e. your character would not transfer to the public servers).  Otherwise, highly unlikely.

Yeah I figured that as much, which is completely understandable, as you wouldn't want people hacking their own servers and then joining the public ones with their hacked survivors. But for someone like me who would love to play by myself with just 3 or 4 friends without having to rent a server or pay for slots in one, it's a very appealing idea, which ultimately could affect my decision to purchase the game. (Well I'll probably buy it eventually anyway, but the option to host a server will make it an instabuy)

Edited by LeNwAr

As I've Heard they might add private hives in the future but again Ive only heard it in game forums. As of right now just currently hosting one and haven't been playing much :/

As I've Heard they might add private hives in the future but again Ive only heard it in game forums. As of right now just currently hosting one and haven't been playing much :/

Hopefully because the public hive is just killing the game already with the COD Kiddies/Server Hopping/Kicking Server Gearing.