Zyryanoff

No Sound at all in Dayz SA

Good day/night to all.

Maybe someone who had a similar problem, please advise me. My friend bought Dayz, but he has no sound in the game. <_<

Windows 7 x64
Motherboard ASRock P55 Deluxe3 (sound on it ;) )

Sound works in every other program/game/browser but no sound in Dayz at all (tested with many types of headphones/loudspeakers).

My friend has tried reinstalling drivers (different versions), using -dsound or -openal, сompatibility modes. Per-application volume level in the windows volume changer application in the taskbar is fine.
I suspected that the problem is sound hardware acceleration (I faced once in Assassin's Creed). There is no straight way to change it in Windows 7 but we've found one available method, unfortunately with no effect. :(

Many people reported before about similar issue in ARMA2, but for Dayz I found only this.

Report created.
I would be happy to see any assumptions, advices, ideas.
Thanks in advance.
:beans:

That's odd. Did the sound ever work for you?

I had the no-sound thing happen once, could have been related to me alt-tabbing a lot while loading(I have forums to patroll).

After a restart the sound came back though.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 1

That's odd. Did the sound ever work for you?

I had the no-sound thing happen once, could have been related to me alt-tabbing a lot while loading(I have forums to patroll).

After a restart the sound came back though.

Thanks for reply. My sound works well from December 17. ;) I'm on Win7 x86 + Asus motherboard.

My friend's issue is no sound at all - from the first launch. :o Nothing on server, nothing in main menu.

The in game volumes are up of course? Try one quick thing that i must do to solve sound issues on my soundcard: Go to play back devices, select your speakers -> configure -> select a choice other than the one selected and click test. If a prompt comes up, click ok. Thats it, always solves my issues. Prob won't work though im guessing.

Maybe try alt tabbing out when the game is loaded and check volumes?

Good luck,

• Like 1

Today problem solved.

Reinstall DirectX from game folder:

...\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\_CommonRedist

and hope for the best.

That's really odd. My friend has tried to reinstall DirectX many times before using web-updater (and from local folder) with no effect.

Big thanks for helping my friend! :beans:

You can close the topic please.