Sign in to follow this  
Eventus

$20,178,270.00 and 14 days later and this is looking alot like what war z did

It has been 14 days since launch of which the first 3 days we got updates, later another update was announced coming out but hicks mentioned it would take another 6 hours, no update ever came.

Then they mentioned in a very hidden area of their tumblr, which by the way I doubt anyone ever reads the useless crap info on that (if ur anything like me u check here then rockets twitter then hicks twitter) that they were taking a week's vacation.

Well its been a long time now and im going to be honest the lack of information coming from the devs gives me a very bad feeling, the same bad feeling I had when I bought war z and saw all the crap that was going on in there.

The other day I made a post about how we have received no information about the next update or an ETA or even something that says we wont be around for a while guys we will be back in around X# of days.

My post got deleted which once again brought me back to that war z feeling, their forums are a joke, if u say anything bad about them in any way shape or form u get banned or your post gets taken down.

Please note I KNOW this is an alpha and im not complaining about them taking forever to release updates even though its starting to bother me as well, what im really mad about its the lack of communication between the devs and the community.

I really believe this game can be amazing Im just worried that since their sales were so successful ($20,178,270.00 to date) that they just don't care anymore (we got ur money so we can relax and take our time)

please let me know what you think in the most mature way possible.

• Like 2

They didn't hide the fact at all that they were taking time off for Christmas.......

They also were upfront and very vocal about NOT buying this game unless you were interested in testing it.

It's nothing at all like the War Z fiasco.

Edited by serenityrick
  • Like 13

Many of us have been here since or close to the beginning..some of the shit the mods let us get away with is well below the level, hang around a bit and then you will see how free and open these forums and the mods are. 

As for the rest, i won't even waste my fingers :)

• Like 11

Hi.

It's holiday time. I wouldn't expect very much to happen this time of year.

Besides its already been stated the game will not even reach beta status for a year.

Regards.

• Like 1

must bee 15 or something, cause if he worked he would know most ppl take days off for the holidays.

• Like 5

Let me rephrase all of that..

$20,178,270.00 and 14 days later and this is looking alot like what war z did

A shitload of work later and the SA crew are showing Sirgay how a game is really done

or

They are having a christmas break and i am extremely impatient so it must all be a hoax.

or

Lambos ftw !

• Like 7

Well it seems Bohemia Interactive has a sweet approach to thier team and lets them have more then a week off for the "Christmas Holidays" unfortunately in my line of work all i get off is xmas day and then im back in the grime of things.

Simply put you need to be patient and wait a few more days at least until the new year then you have grounds to bitch and whine, right now your just puffing up your chest for no reason, Comparing DayZ to that other piece of shit game is just not fair man and you know it.

• Like 2

It has been 14 days since launch of which the first 3 days we got updates, later another update was announced coming out but hicks mentioned it would take another 6 hours, no update ever came.

Then they mentioned in a very hidden area of their tumblr, which by the way I doubt anyone ever reads the useless crap info on that (if ur anything like me u check here then rockets twitter then hicks twitter) that they were taking a week's vacation.

Well its been a long time now and im going to be honest the lack of information coming from the devs gives me a very bad feeling, the same bad feeling I had when I bought war z and saw all the crap that was going on in there.

The other day I made a post about how we have received no information about the next update or an ETA or even something that says we wont be around for a while guys we will be back in around X# of days.

My post got deleted which once again brought me back to that war z feeling, their forums are a joke, if u say anything bad about them in any way shape or form u get banned or your post gets taken down.

Please note I KNOW this is an alpha and im not complaining about them taking forever to release updates even though its starting to bother me as well, what im really mad about its the lack of communication between the devs and the community.

I really believe this game can be amazing Im just worried that since their sales were so successful ($20,178,270.00 to date) that they just don't care anymore (we got ur money so we can relax and take our time)

please let me know what you think in the most mature way possible.

War Z is cod with Zombies. More like in day z.

entitled whining

Happy workers are more productive. 

Do you think people don't have kids and families? I have heard enough of this mentality. I am sure everyone worked incredibly hard just to have SOMETHING to offer in time for Christmas. To offer to people who have done nothing but pile relentless pressure and expectation on the project from day one. 

"I am sorry son and daughter, I can't be here on Christmas morning. I have to work feverishly hard on DayZ Standalone or someone is going to spill some salt on the internet."

• Like 2

I sadly brought warz as well, but we won't go down that road..

Bit harsh here mate Xmas, New Years etc... I think like your good self everyone has had time off, even game developers have to admit I expected the game after Xmas not before. So if we are here say late February with nothing new, time to sharpen pitch forks ;)

Until then happy new year to all 2014 will hopefully bring lots of dayz stuff

The OP's  post raises my blood pressure so high that this is all I can type here. 

:emptycan:

• Like 3

Implying you can successfully invest 20 Million cash in a week and then magically a game appears the week after that.

Let's not forget that like.. 60% of the team are not from the czech republic, including Mr. R himself. They've been all the year away from their families in order to get the alpha running and now that they finally succeed they take a well deserve vacation. Hell I would even give them a month vacation after the money they've made.

Edited by LouisK

when I bought war z

:D

Edited by KoS
  • Like 4

Malicious greed-driven copy cat developers versus Someone who has been working on their dream of a zombie survival game which started as a mod, that we are supporting via our Alpha testing/purchase.

It's not even 2014 yet, they took Christmas vacations. Relax.

Hello there

We are all off skiing in our lambos.

lambo_dayz343_zps80804fa1.jpg

Patience, it wasnt easy getting the game out, the guys need a rest.

Now, please PM me you bank details and passwords.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 15

I've seen some retarded posts on Dayz forums, Most of em from me tbh lol

But this one from the op takes the biscuit. If i did'nt know better i would swear its that Warz dev guy butthurt that he lost the battle of the Z. :)

• Like 1

They didn't hide the fact at all that they were taking time off for Christmas.......

They also were upfront and very vocal about NOT buying this game unless you were interested in testing it.

It's nothing at all like the War Z fiasco.

They posted it on the tumblr, when u know most ppl check the forums and their twitter to check for info.

i agree with your second point and i have not mentioned or even hinted at not being interested in testing the game.

as for your third point, i also agree that it isnt anything like the war z scandal i simply mentioned that im getting the feeling that i got back when i bought war z.

Many of us have been here since or close to the beginning..some of the shit the mods let us get away with is well below the level, hang around a bit and then you will see how free and open these forums and the mods are. 

As for the rest, i won't even waste my fingers :)

I have been here since the beginning :) i played the mod untill i had done every possible thing, however i didn't play many of the spin-off mods and maps

Hi.

It's holiday time. I wouldn't expect very much to happen this time of year.

Besides its already been stated the game will not even reach beta status for a year.

Regards.

I agree however they did post they would be off for 1 week, from what i see it has been 1 week, rockets last tweet was on the 21st. not even a "hey guys still on vacation we should be up and running again in X# of days" <thats what im unhappy about. and i KNOW it wont reach beta for at least a year, i knoew about that before i bought it even though i dont expect that to happen for at least a year and a half.

must bee 15 or something, cause if he worked he would know most ppl take days off for the holidays.

Im 23 and i worked on the 24th and the 25th i know most ppl get the holidays off please post something useful to ague your point other than made up information you tool.

Well it seems Bohemia Interactive has a sweet approach to thier team and lets them have more then a week off for the "Christmas Holidays" unfortunately in my line of work all i get off is xmas day and then im back in the grime of things.

Simply put you need to be patient and wait a few more days at least until the new year then you have grounds to bitch and whine, right now your just puffing up your chest for no reason, Comparing DayZ to that other piece of shit game is just not fair man and you know it.

Im not puffing up my chest? wtf do u even mean by that? im expressing that i am unhappy about the lack of communication. u think that rocket or hicks haven't taken a shit since the holidays began? sit on the toilet and instead of playing angry birds post something on twitter giving us and update of how his holidays are going and when we can expect they will be back to work (simple good PR and a great way to show that you do care about the game and how thankful he is for the good reaction the game got in sales)

Do bit of research on games / items before making entitled posts and to avoid future disappointments

I don't think you understand how to read so i'm not even going to bother.

Happy workers are more productive. 

Do you think people don't have kids and families? I have heard enough of this mentality. I am sure everyone worked incredibly hard just to have SOMETHING to offer in time for Christmas. To offer to people who have done nothing but pile relentless pressure and expectation on the project from day one. 

"I am sorry son and daughter, I can't be here on Christmas morning. I have to work feverishly hard on DayZ Standalone or someone is going to spill some salt on the internet."

it takes exactly 25 seconds to post an update on twitter....

I totally agree with the OP.

Like why should people take time off for Christmas? They just released the game! We should be getting 1 update per day, but instead they take a holiday?

Give me a break OP..

While I would like to see more frequent updates, it's stupid to think they shouldn't be taking a holiday.

Hello there

We are all off skiing in our lambos.

lambo_dayz343_zps80804fa1.jpg

Patience, it wasnt easy getting the game out, the guys need a rest.

Now, please PM me you bank details and passwords.

Rgds

LoK

Ah! Nigerian prince! We meet again...

• Like 2