Sign in to follow this  
Roshi (DayZ)

Two hands

Instead of a generic "Hands" box in the inventory, have neighbouring boxes for left and right hands. 

- Double handed items (e.g. rifles, axes) go across both.

Allows the possibility of:

- Pistol and flashlight (when don't have underslung flashlight).

- Pistol and knife

- Two pistols (obvious penalties for recoil and aiming)

- pistol and handcuffs (so you can cuff someone at gunpoint)

(if dual wielding weapons or weapon + item then RMB doesn't aim - activates second item)

- map and compass (PS be great for immersion if maps were held in hand rather than a separate screen a la current setup).

- map and flashlight or lighter (for night play)

- tin of beans and can opener.

- put item in each hand to combine for crafting system - e.g. sticks and duct tape for splinting, attaching gas stove to gas bottle.

As an aside, what about an open door animation - 'lock' character to door for duration of animation (as per using ladders). More cosmetic than anything but I get sick of being pushed to one side by opening doors.

hdLm5sM.jpg

Edited by Roshi
  • Like 46

Interesting, but I would say that having any kind of item in your second hand while using a pistol will automatically result in a much worse accuracy for the pistol.

• Like 1

Funny enough i was thinking about this sort of implementation of 2 hands..

Like torch in one hand and pistol in other..

But dual pistol etc not really a fan

• Like 2

Yeah - I mentioned dual pistols as I thought it would come up but not the reason that I would want this system implemented. Anyways - in a dayz kinda game would likely not be that useful...

Take my beans no need to hold me up for them LOL this is a good idea in my opinion i mean the devs have gone down the path of everything being usable visible in hands why not use both of them ?????

As for the door animations oh hell yes lol i have wanted this in arma for a long time (was one of my dashed hopes with arma 3 ) this and a redoing of the ladder animation is it really that hard to put a second phase to animation that once reaching the top you pull yourself onto roof rather than continue to climb an invisible ladder till your feet reach the top then blink and you have finally stepped onto roof ( sorry it kills my immersion  big time specially as i am a first person type player lol .

wtf? where you get that beard? Don't tell me you photoshoped it and my hopes are up for nothing. 

• Like 1

wtf? where you get that beard? Don't tell me you photoshoped it and my hopes are up for nothing. 

Yeah sorry man! Beans are a poor second option but here you go...

Edited by Roshi

Yeah sorry man! Beans are a poor second option but here you go...

On the topic i like the two hand idea. Should be simple to pull off. I'm very saddened by the beard though ;( 

Some good ideas here, they get my support. Why does your character look wider (chunky) than usual? Or is it just me?

Edited by aodqw97

Interesting, but I would say that having any kind of item in your second hand while using a pistol will automatically result in a much worse accuracy for the pistol.

People can shoot quite well with one hand. Olympic bulls eye target shooting is done with one hand.

Case in point.

bullseye2.jpg

Do you see one person using both hands there? It is possible to be accurate with one hand.

People can shoot quite well with one hand. Olympic bulls eye target shooting is done with one hand.

Case in point.

bullseye2.jpg

Do you see one person using both hands there? It is possible to be accurate with one hand.

I believe you missunderstood the concept. Those persons don't have anything on their second hand and are not using it. He meant that accuraccy should reduce when having any kind of item in the second hand, which actually makes sense.

I would love to see two hands mechanics. Flashlight + Pistol would be topkop feeling; food and water for faster eating/drinking; crafting and cooking; etc, etc, etc...

And I do agree that doors mechanics should be different. Most doors do make a sound when they are being open and this should be added, there is no way a door makes no sound at the speed the doors are opened right now on the game.

Edited by LouisK

I believe you missunderstood the concept. Those persons don't have anything on their second hand and are not using it. He meant that accuraccy should reduce when having any kind of item in the second hand, which actually makes sense.

I would love to see two hands mechanics. Flashlight + Pistol would be topkop feeling; food and water for faster eating/drinking; crafting and cooking; etc, etc, etc...

And I do agree that doors mechanics should be different. Most doors do make a sound when they are being open and this should be added, there is no way a door makes no sound at the speed the doors are opened right now on the game.

I'm trying to say that there shouldn't be a massive difference in accuracy by shooting one handed. They aren't using it because they have no reason to, 

Gordon Freeman style crowbar in right hand and Shorty in left hand :D

Should also cause MUCH longer reload,especially while holding two guns.

Why would you ever hold two guns? Reloading would be impossible, and you can only aim one at a time anyway.

Wouldn't mind the whole handgun and flashlight combo. Would love for them to make a separate stance/animation for it like this:

FV_007-354x200.jpg

• Like 2

Holding a flashlight can actually help improve accuracy of handguns, if it's the right fit, will help you rest the gun over the secondary hand and make the gun more steady.

Commonly taught to law enforcement and military personal, i am a bit surprised no one has mentioned that yet.

Edited by Firstbornchicken

Accuracy with a one handed pistol should definitely be affected by WHAT's being held in the other hand - a torch should have minimal impact (Would you still be more accurate using both hands directly?)

But holding anything bulky/weighty or opened should definitely be detrimental... imagine if those target shooters were trying not to spill a can of opened beans with their other hand.

Wouldn't mind the whole handgun and flashlight combo. Would love for them to make a separate stance/animation for it like this:

FV_007-354x200.jpg

Torch in daylight? .oO

Edited by phlOgistOn
  • Like 1