Sign in to follow this  
capt. beefsteak

Commit button option?

I feel the game would have a better sucess rate if there was some form of commitment between players just meeting... If you could click a player outside of melee weapon range and commit to them I think there would be less kos.. Basically this means the whole o shit when you see someone could be slightly less intense.. It would also be good for those who don't have the ability to communicate via mic.. I know you can chat or w/e but this would help.. obviously the other player would have to accept the commitment between the both of you and if they didn't you'd know they were a foe... While commited to another player you would have no ability to kill them...

The suggestion is based off the people who claim friendly then wait till the have an opportuity to kill you. Have the commit last 5 mins max, this way nothing is set in stone hours or days in the future.

I don't know, what do you guy's think? Might help people realize sometimes it's better to be in a group..

Edited by Deepfryer

Eeeeh... I do not like the "friendly fire off" idea, but I do like the main idea actually.

In DayZ it can be really hard to find out who's your friends and who aren't.

A tagging system would be nice. You could of course still kill them, but you would be able to see if you know them or not. Just like in real life. 

Of course there is no "tag as friendly" button in real life, but in real life you can easily see if you know people or not.

Eeeeh... I do not like the "friendly fire off" idea, but I do like the main idea actually.

In DayZ it can be really hard to find out who's your friends and who aren't.

A tagging system would be nice. You could of course still kill them, but you would be able to see if you know them or not. Just like in real life. 

Of course there is no "tag as friendly" button in real life, but in real life you can easily see if you know people or not.

you'd still have the option to decline

Edited by Deepfryer

you'd still have the option to decline

Yeah, but it just isn't very... DayZ..

It's meant to be realistic. In real life you can't just turn off friendly fire. .

I am having trouble trying to understand the "Care bear" mentality....

In most cases on player would wave and the other will shoot. Well that's at least how i commit ;)