Sign in to follow this  
madmaxm

Map Guide: Days/weeks/months survival for new players or lone wolfs

Aua1UMv.jpg

Heat signatures for common activity locations.

z8bY9xnh.jpg

Heat and travelling activity around the map.

Heat signature elaboration:

- Red / a lot of player trafic.

- Light yellow / medium player trafic.

- None or green / Almost no player trafic.

New players or just lone wolf wanting to survive for long periods of time:

- Avoiding red zones.

- Using green or less zones.

( i fully understand these two maps are for Arma 2 dayz mod. But my intention is to help new players / lone wolfs )

Edited by metalica24

This is not true, I went server hopping on each airfield quite a few times and I rarely found a airfield untouched, I rarely see people along the coast, if anything balota solnichnly. 

This is not true, I went server hopping on each airfield quite a few times and I rarely found a airfield untouched, I rarely see people along the coast, if anything balota solnichnly. 

You have no idea what are you talking about.

While well made, and true to a degree, I can't agree with this map entirely. for a start some of the areas marked red are rarely visited by players that I know of, including the fact that new area's added in the SA version have been neglected. 

This is not true, I went server hopping on each airfield quite a few times and I rarely found a airfield untouched

That is also what the map is telling us... Red is where there is the most activity.

These two maps are different, the first is a "heat" map, the second is a few hours worth of paths taken by players on a populated server. I am pretty sure the heat map records logins/logouts and/or kills and deaths. Regardless of what they record, they are very accurate.