Sign in to follow this  
DayZ4L1F3

Accuracy should be next patch

The accuracy in this game is horrible. I understand it is in alpher and still in heavy development, but I believe accuracy should be close to the top of the list of things to do. Testing with a Mosin and both the PU scope and the Long Range Scope I couldn't hit the same target at 150 meters even after zeroing. I know it is not wind due to the fact that the bullets hit at random. Please fix this so people can actually hit their desired targets. 

• Like 1

Try shooting an M4 without a stock, then with a stock. It's a mechanic, And, The mosin isn't the most accurate rifle in the world.

Your stock or scope is probably damaged. And server security is by far much more important as the game is still full of hackers even after the patch.

All attachments were in Pristine condition. Picked up a new unfired Mosin and had the same results.

Try shooting an M4 without a stock, then with a stock. It's a mechanic, And, The mosin isn't the most accurate rifle in the world.

I'm pointing out it is a broken mechanic. A Mosin isn't the most accurate, but I didn't say it was. It will not however have a grouping of 2 meters or so at 150 meters.

Lol everyone complaining about weapon accuracy... I'm not trying to sound like an elitist, but I've taken an M4 with worn or worse parts and a Mosin with damaged scope to the roof of Chernogorsk apartments and successfully one-hit-killed server hoppers exploiting the double-market/double-barn just outside of town several times. Every time I've missed is because of my own aim issues (primarily random lag spikes or my mouse randomly changing DPI). I've seen a bunch of threads complaining about the weapons and I don't understand any of them...

...melee weapons need to be fixed though.

I haven't really used it much, but that link made it look like the Mosin had about a 4ft spread at 500m. That's bad? It's an antique from WW2.

Lol everyone complaining about weapon accuracy... I'm not trying to sound like an elitist, but I've taken an M4 with worn or worse parts and a Mosin with damaged scope to the roof of Chernogorsk apartments and successfully one-hit-killed server hoppers exploiting the double-market/double-barn just outside of town several times. Every time I've missed is because of my own aim issues (primarily random lag spikes or my mouse randomly changing DPI). I've seen a bunch of threads complaining about the weapons and I don't understand any of them...

...melee weapons need to be fixed though.

Obviously people are having problems with it. If you don't believe me do an accuracy test yourself. There's even video proof of shots going way away from cross-hairs at short distances. 

Obviously people are having problems with it. If you don't believe me do an accuracy test yourself. There's even video proof of shots going way away from cross-hairs at short distances. 

I did do an accuracy test: Shooting people. As I said: No problem.

Accuracy is perfectly fine.

If anything it makes the game better people are actually having firefights now that last longer than 2 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqAptJYra3g

Anyone in 3rd person on top of the ATC in balota should have no bearing on any aspect of the game. Innacurate guns tend to people who have less skill. There's nothing fun about outflanking someone and getting a shot on them only to completely miss them due to RNG. Honestly the moment you are flanking someone with a hatchet instead of shooting them is the moment I stop playing the alpha. Which I have. This video clearly shows that hatchets are more effective than any gun. I'm done until the guns are fixed and hardcore servers are up, I've done my fair share of testing.

Just to show how accurate the M4 is.

Edited by realitycompl3x