Nariquo (DayZ)

Kill on sight... my group is doing it now

Since the start of SA we were friendly or robbed people but never killed people, even if we lost people.

BUT

since 2 day everyone is logging out if they see another group that is no fun anymore. because of that we shoot on sight now till they implement something against combat logging. 

today we were 5 hours at the coast. we engaged 10 people. and 10 people logged of. really only pussies in that game

• Like 1

You were at coast. They were probably freshspawns. No wonder they logged off, they didn't wanna get KoS'd when they have nothing.

• Like 15

Hahahahha and their bodies bug out when they die.. Good for you mr bandits your not sticking no rotten fruit in me today.

Its a simple mechanic that hurts the game in the most terrible way. It would be best if they added a logout timer now or some sort of something to stop this from happening. Even if it means rushing it out, any issues someone could have with the fix would not be nearly as bad as the issue caused by combat logging. It is the single most retarded mechanic ever known to man. They plan to fix it, but they really need to fix it asap.

EDIT: Ignore the ignorant crowd of responds to this post, it appears the state of the game is attracting a ton of troll-ism, as i predicted in my on of my posts on day 2. The game is sandbox, and as such anyone should be allowed to do anything, if people take interest in killing fresh-spawns they should be able to do that. There is no honor/dishonor.. Anything goes, so from the moment you spawn you should play as if you are being watched.

Edited by Frost20
  • Like 2

we dont campe we are going from the north cost, the whole cost to balota and back again. and everyone is logging of.

and really. we DID A 10 HOURS search in the north. no one there.

dont care everyone will be shot now, till it is changed. have fun

Hahaha bandits be like waaa waaa you no play fair :(

Go camp NWAF where the big boys play rather than threatening fresh spawns.

• Like 10

your so mature... :D

• Like 1

Damn, some srs coast camping in here, doubt your warning is needed because the big boys don't play around a spawns, so I assume you suck at the game and feel high mighty killing mostly unarmed (no decent) spawns with a whole group? I mean come on a whole group?

• Like 1

we dont campe we are going from the north cost, the whole cost to balota and back again. and everyone is logging of.

Cya at the NW then :P

EDIT: Ignore the ignorant crowd of responds to this post, it appears the state of the game is attracting a ton of troll-ism, as i predicted in my on of my posts on day 2. The game is sandbox, and as such anyone should be allowed to do anything, if people take interest in killing fresh-spawns they should be able to do that. There is no honor/dishonor.. Anything goes, so from the moment you spawn you should play as if you are being watched.

Combat loggers are doing this, yet you say they shouldn't. You cannot apply rules only when it suits your purpose. If people don't like combat logging the instant someone is engaged, then they should stop killing people the instant they're engaged. Both sides are causing a repeating pattern of behavior, and only telling the other side to stop will never work.

• Like 11

the people replying here are hilarious "oh the big boys are up north" ooooo scary, "only pussies do this in a video game". Admittedly this is partly due to the OPs language but cmon guys, listen to yerself.

The issue is a serious one, unfortunately people dont want to "lose" at this game. Being held up or attacked means you might die! you might lose! your KD will be ruined forever. This kind of attitude is fixed by private communites for the most part where people are interested in participating in the player interaction part of the game, features like inability to log near players helps as well. 

Combat logging is worse than any kind of KoS fresh spawn killing.

For example, the other day on a low pop server a few of us were looting Balota. There is a body in the barracks, due to a hilarious bug the body which was fully geared is crouched, and moving its head back and forth (it was super spooky hehe)

Guy with axe who is server hopping logs into barracks and starts looting, we see this and move in, he enters the room with the body and starts axing it yelling over sidechat things he must think to be hilarious, over direct one of my friend starts yelling "dont axe me! dont axe me!" guy thinks this is funny and continues axing the corpse and talking shit. At this point we are just standing at the barracks windows behind him watching with bemusement. He turns around, sees us watching him. and you guessed it, logs instantly.

like instantaneously logs....i swear he must have a macro bound for it, or maybe its all that practice.

ladies and gents, alt f4ing is the worst, just dont do it. 

• Like 4

You were at coast. They were probably freshspawns. No wonder they logged off, they didn't wanna get KoS'd when they have nothing.

Why does it bother new spawns? They have fuck all to lose. Just run at the person screaming things that will haunt their dreams.

• Like 6

"we don't camp coasts only going all the way form the north coast to the west coast and back again!" that doesn't sound like camping at all!

Edited by Ynneead
  • Like 1

the people replying here are hilarious "oh the big boys are up north" ooooo scary, "only pussies do this in a video game". Admittedly this is partly due to the OPs language but cmon guys, listen to yerself.

The issue is a serious one, unfortunately people dont want to "lose" at this game. Being held up or attacked means you might die! you might lose! your KD will be ruined forever. This kind of attitude is fixed by private communites for the most part where people are interested in participating in the player interaction part of the game, features like inability to log near players helps as well. 

Combat logging is worse than any kind of KoS fresh spawn killing.

For example, the other day on a low pop server a few of us were looting Balota. There is a body in the barracks, due to a hilarious bug the body which was fully geared is crouched, and moving its head back and forth (it was super spooky hehe)

Guy with axe who is server hopping logs into barracks and starts looting, we see this and move in, he enters the room with the body and starts axing it yelling over sidechat things he must think to be hilarious, over direct one of my friend starts yelling "dont axe me! dont axe me!" guy thinks this is funny and continues axing the corpse and talking shit. At this point we are just standing at the barracks windows behind him watching with bemusement. He turns around, sees us watching him. and you guessed it, logs instantly.

like instantaneously logs....i swear he must have a macro bound for it, or maybe its all that practice.

ladies and gents, alt f4ing is the worst, just dont do it. 

Private Hives do not fix this issue of combat logging. Sorry. It happened plenty in the mod even on private hive servers.

I don't camp my house, I move to the kitchen to make some microwaved mac'n'cheese, then to my couch to watch more TV, and every so often to the bathroom to drop the kids off at the pool.

• Like 1

Lol. This is just funny. First you say people shot your group and that's why you decided to shoot on sight. Now it sounds more like actually running after people not just shooting at someone incase they come your way. Why do you even post this thread? Geez.

• Like 1

I rounded up a group of 6 random people from Cherno to Belota, got them all geared up, and sent them on their way like lost puppies. KoS is no fun when there are only 2 rifles implemented. Have fun stealing people's axes and pry bars. Maybe you'll get lucky and get yourself one of thousands of Payday masks. I dunno. Seems pretty feeble to me. You'd be better off not complaining about it though. 

• Like 1

i have camped the coast my self not to kill just to get a blood bag filled but the combat logging is insane right now everyone u come across is doing it im nice to just feel a lil pinch take a lil blood and ill give em a soda and a can of tuna opened but they all just log so im just gonna start kosing till they implement somthing

Private Hives do not fix this issue of combat logging. Sorry. It happened plenty in the mod even on private hive servers.

No, but private hives prevent people from switching servers to reposition and then log back to the original server to attack someone/some group with their new advantage.  It's a bullshit move just as bad as combat logging.

I know this thread is about combat logging, but there was a reason I stopped playing on the official hives once private servers came out.  And it's becoming a problem in SA now as well.  People who can't stand to lose have to combat log and/or server hop to reposition.

And I never understood fresh spawns complaining about being killed.  THEY DIDN'T LOSE ANYTHING!  And it's even faster to respawn in SA than the mod.  The issue is people do not know how to handle losing.  So they cry.

Combat loggers are doing this, yet you say they shouldn't. You cannot apply rules only when it suits your purpose. If people don't like combat logging the instant someone is engaged, then they should stop killing people the instant they're engaged. Both sides are causing a repeating pattern of behavior, and only telling the other side to stop will never work.

Are you serious? The other is a game-breaking exploit and the other is a playstyle. How are these in any way comparable?

• Like 2

Just want to chime in and point out that playing with a group of people doesn't make you a good player, playing with a big group and going after individuals on the coast makes you a bit of a coward.

• Like 1